TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Hey ESPN, Nobody wants to see your fantasy BCS tourney. We get it, You want OSU/Michigan in the finals.

Actually they have it as LSU vs Michigan with LSU knocking off OSU.

I hate when radio guys babble on about their wacky daily happenings, ala Rome who probably does it the most.

I don't mind when Rome does it. Probably because I only listen to 1-2 segments per day. 3 hours of Rome in one sitting would probably make me go nuts.

All right, enough of the Rome bashing.... I've been listening to the man for 8 years now, and compared to others of his ilk, he rarely goes into his personal life. I know less about him as a person as I do the broadcaster. Sure he has several bits about his past that he regurgitates from time to time (the Merkur resets have never failed to make me laugh), but for the most part he stays on point and on topic.

JT the Brick, however, is a total waste of air time, which is funny because Rome basically made that man's career. His constant shilling of the dessicated corpse that is the Oakland Raider franchise annoys me to no end, and his "going full speed" schtick just makes me change the station.

Dan Patrick is just too damned full of himself to be taken seriously, even though his show is a little more interesting now that he is working with Keith Olbermann again.

Gotta love LSU being in that fantasy final vs. Ohio St. Nevermind the fact that Florida and Auburn both beat them.

I still do care about the MLB All Star game, maybe it's a carry over from being excited about it as a kid. But yeah the Home Run Derby has taken on more significance in recent years, despite the game now being for home field.

Ditto the NBA all stars. It's at least fun to see these guys all out there at once. But the Pro Bowl? Who gives a shit? It's after the Super Bowl, it's time for football to go away, and yet here is this pointless all star game.

The only thing as stupid as the NFL Pro Bowl being the last game of the season is NASCAR opening their season with their biggest race.

I mean it's not like the MLB All Star Game that people actually give a shit about.

No one cares about the game. The derby and the slam-dunk contest are the feature attractions of their respective weekends. Give us a field-goal challenge or something of the sort on Saturday night and people will care for those two days. I've been at a few Pro Bowl and Hula Bowl games where the "Punt, Pass & Kick Challenge" with teenagers elicited more of a reaction from the crowd than the game itself.

Actually, they already do a Field Goal Challenge ... I remember Vinatieri and the NFC kicker having a game of "horse" involving attempting difficult and/or off-field field goals. It wasn't more exciting than the actual game <yawn>.

They so want him to be the next Tom Brady.

No, Ben Roethlisberger has already been named "the next Tom Brady" ... so they want Romo to be the next Ben Roethlisberger.

Why are people from ESPN surprised that Romo was over-hyped?

They weren't paying attention to his numbers vs playoff contenders.

No, Ben Roethlisberger has already been named "the next Tom Brady" ... so they want Romo to be the next Ben Roethlisberger.

I don't think Tony Romo is going to be caught doing anything stupid like joy riding without helmets but I can see him re-enacting the tractor chicken race from Footloose. And I don't remember Big Ben being linked to b-list celebrities like Jessica Simpson or American Idol singers.

Guest Princess Leena

This morning, Bayless said Romo was overhyped. Hopefully, he gets fired now for suggesting such silliness.

Guest Princess Leena

Ugh yes, that Madden Nation shit is terrible. If you're gonna bother showing geeks playing video games, at least describe a bit of strategy, and such.

Ugh yes, that Madden Nation shit is terrible. If you're gonna bother showing geeks playing video games, at least describe a bit of strategy, and such.

No kidding. Show me something I can use, not another Real World ripoff.

Don't they do like, 5 second interview clips of the players?

"*heavy breathing because Madden play is strenuous* It's...4th and 1....I'm gonna go for it, and I'm gon run the ball with Jamal Lewis."

They really are sucking wind, they sweat...mainly because every fucking play usually ends with one of the two going "OHHHHHHH OH OH OHHHHH YEA THASSRAIGHT WUT U GON DO HUH U CAN'T STOP IT NUH UH U CAN'T! WOOOOOOOOOO!" and jumping around in their face while the other guy calmly looks at the screen, holding the controller, waiting to make a jumping-and-screaming-worthy play of his own.

I can't stand how frequent they use the little news box on 'News. It used to be a clock most of the time, and when something big actually happened that you couldn't wait to sit through the scroll to see, was the only thing in the box. Now, it's almost always in use, usually something inane. "Bonds: Not in lineup" or something useless about T.O.

Guest Princess Leena

If you're a sports fan, there's rarely other channels you can watch. Even if you pay/steal for lots of channels.

If you're a sports fan, there's rarely other channels you can watch. Even if you pay/steal for lots of channels.

Normally I'd agree, but when everyone on this board obviously has internet access, that reasoning doesn't make much sense.

Thanks to the internet and satellite radio, I haven't watched ESPN in quite some time. And I find it quite stupid why someone would continue to watch something that they hate.

The only time of year I watch sports television enough to feel rage for a channel (football season), I always end up more pissed at Fox than ESPN. Then again, some mooks would rather see the CMI before the PFP but not until they've seen BDSSP. By the time this whirlwind of low-calorie sporting coverage has carried you into Sunday, it's time for...

... the NFL on FOX. (robots battle in space for a football-shaped Earth)