TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Yeah I doubt either of them raped anyone. The fact that Kobe's case was dismissed proves him innocent.

That's a rather naive viewpoint. Next we'll be hearing about how OJ didn't do it because the jury found him not guilty.

It's different because throughout the trial (the Kobe one that is) there had been questions about the girl's case being legitimate or not. When she refused to testify and dismissed the case, that just reeked of someone who didn't want to try to go any further without having a legit case. Also, that Kobe admitted he cheated on his wife but that he didn't rape the girl makes me believe him more.

I remember MikeSC made a point when the trial ended that Kobe should've sued her for dragging his name through the mud the way she did when she accused him of it. I agreed, but I doubt that would've been much of a case either.

I'll try my best not to derail the thread...

I didn't know what to think during the Kobe rape trial, and I still don't. The real problem is the fact that the media turns these high profile cases into some kind of feeding frenzy that makes it virtually impossible to get a truly fair trial. This is true in rape cases more than murder cases, because there's an alleged victim who has a story to tell, but will be hounded and put under the biggest microscope imaginable. That's a whole lot of pressure on some Jane Doe who isn't used to dealing with a media crush every day like a high-profile athlete.

I don't think her having the charges dismissed is an indicator one way or the other. It could have been a girl out for money, or it could have been someone who cracked under the pressure of being the victim a high-profile criminal case. Or it could have been both. We'll never know.

And not to derail the thread, but can someone who thinks Kobe is innocent PLEASE tell me why he would say when the cops brought him in AND after the case was dissmissed that HE UNDERSTANDS WHY SHE WOULD THINK THAT THE SEX WASN"T CONSENTUAL BUT IT INDEED WAS.

I don't think I can start to explain how cocky of a statement that is. Sex is consentual because he said it was. Even if she thought otherwise.

I will never know for sure, but I still think his ego allowed him to commit rape and be too cocky to even realize it.

Here's an idea:

How about we all shut the fuck up about this nearly 3 year-old rape case?

Here's an idea:

This is true.

Shut the fuck up. :)

Here's an idea:

If people stop talking about shady calls from a game nearly 5 years old.

Here's an idea:

Its halftime.

There is nothing else to talk about except Ernies neck and Charles pulling a Kobe on the English language.

Here's an idea:

If people stop talking about shady calls from a game nearly 5 years old.

ZING!

Yeah, bringing up a discussion that ended two pages ago that I wasn't even involved in. WHAT A BURN.

So how about Nocioni's performance in the playoffs, playing the most consistent basketball this side of Dirk Nowitzki :)

Its halftime.

There is nothing else to talk about except Ernies neck and Charles pulling a Kobe on the English language.

This is directed to everyone, not just at Ripper

Everyone complains about the basketball channels being all over the Lakers and Kobe or whatever...well, the "Kobe show" has eaten up about the last 10 pages of this thread, with some of the news items being dragged up from 3 or 4 years ago. Guess what? Halftime's over now, and there's a very intriguing game going on in Miami. There was a very good game in New Jersey that just ended for those who have NBATV. The Kings and Spurs are playing right now. The majority of us don't want to talk about Sunday anymore, or the Kings-Lakers series, or the rape trial. It's becoming the Sports folder version of Montreal.

The Lakers won, and Kobe is a free man.

Get the fuck over it, and let's get back to current events.

Who says I was burning you? It was still a pointless topic of dicussion like KobeGate is 2 years later.

You're right, and I didn't mean it as an attack on you.

Mike Sweetney is in horrendous shape. He couldn't keep his balance while planting his feet on an open look and fell over. You could hear the collective laugh of the Miami crowd after Hinrich passed it to him while falling to the floor.

Guest Vitamin X
Its halftime.

This is directed to everyone, not just at Ripper

Everyone complains about the basketball channels being all over the Lakers and Kobe or whatever...well, the "Kobe show" has eaten up about the last 10 pages of this thread, with some of the news items being dragged up from 3 or 4 years ago. Guess what? Halftime's over now, and there's a very intriguing game going on in Miami. There was a very good game in New Jersey that just ended for those who have NBATV. The Kings and Spurs are playing right now. The majority of us don't want to talk about Sunday anymore, or the Kings-Lakers series, or the rape trial. It's becoming the Sports folder version of Montreal.

The Lakers won, and Kobe is a free man.

Get the fuck over it, and let's get back to current events.

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, the only reason I even bring this up is because it's tiring to constantly hearing him referred to as a rapist as fact when it's really an opinion since nothing was proven except that the case was thrown out. Just like the Lakers bias and whatnot. It's ridiculous. I'm no Ravens fan either, but hearing Ray Lewis referred to as a murderer is equally stupid, possibly moreso because he wasn't even the one accused of the murder, he was a conspirator.

Anyways, that's my final .02 on that. Hell of a game going on down the 836 from me.

Also, every team should use the Mario Bros. coin noise that the Pistons play every time they make a free throw. I'm not so sure why it cracks me up the way it does, but I love it.

And not to derail the thread, but can someone who thinks Kobe is innocent PLEASE tell me why he would say when the cops brought him in AND after the case was dissmissed that HE UNDERSTANDS WHY SHE WOULD THINK THAT THE SEX WASN"T CONSENTUAL BUT IT INDEED WAS.

I don't think I can start to explain how cocky of a statement that is. Sex is consentual because he said it was. Even if she thought otherwise.

I will never know for sure, but I still think his ego allowed him to commit rape and be too cocky to even realize it.

Are you sure that he said this before the trial? I don't remember hearing that and I can't imagine that he would.

After the trial, the "victim" drafted some big long statement, and basically said "read this, and I'll drop all the charges". Just because Kobe read it doesn't mean that every detail in it was true. If anything, I thought it made the accuser look even more suspicious in that she wanted him to read the statement in order to cover up the fact that she made the entire case up.

I really believe Kobe was innocent, and to be honest, I didn't start becoming a big fan of his until after the trial.

Tony Parker shows that as long as you can shuffle your feet fast enough, the referees will never call a four-step travel.

I guess it's some new playoff ritual or something.

Yeah, their whole theme this year is "White Hot Heat."

If I thought anyone involved had heard of them, I'd say it's a blatant ripoff of the Winnipeg Jets of years gone by.

If I thought anyone involved had heard of them, I'd say it's a blatant ripoff of the Winnipeg Jets of years gone by.

Why white? I mean wear something like tie-dye to distract the away team. Imagine running up and down the court and seeing 20,000 bodies wrapped in a pile of tie-dye.

Why white? I mean wear something like tie-dye to distract the away team. Imagine running up and down the court and seeing 20,000 bodies wrapped in a pile of tie-dye.

Bill Walton would love it, at least.

I remember the year the Pacers played the Magic in the ECF, they were selling blue and gold pinwheels that the fans would spin as the opponents were shooting free throws. The Magic complained to the league about it and they were discontinued.

That reminds me of the time one fan at an away game brought this huge pinup girl poster to wave in front of Larry Bird when he was shooting free throws.

Good times. :lol:

EDIT: I'm just now getting the Heat game. Those rattles are fucking annoying.

That reminds me of the time one fan at an away game brought this huge pinup girl poster to wave in front of Larry Bird when he was shooting free throws.

Good times. :lol:

EDIT: I'm just now getting the Heat game. Those rattles are fucking annoying.

When fans were creative and fun. Now they just toss paper cups at them.