TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Guest NYankees
Holy shit, Damon Jones... where did he just come from?!!!?

The 12th seat on the bench!

Every time I've watched a Kings home game on TV this year, the sideline guy asks the Maloofs if Adelman's going to be back next year. And every time, it's "we'll evaluate that once the season's over." The answer's not changing, sideline guy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Pistons over Team Neckbeard in 4 or 5.

Igg do you have a gambling problem?

It's only a problem if you lose. The loss was bothering me a little last night, but then today, I just won $14,000 in a poker tournament. That $450's not even on my radar any more.

Personally, I'm glad that the Cavs won. It will be an easier time for the Pistons, as LeBron doesn;t quite have the supporting cast yet to win. Washington had Arenas an a capable scorer in Butler, a combination that gave the Pistons fits during the regular season.

Not to even mention that they are going up against a team on a mission. Pistons in 5 where it might have gone the distance with the Wizards.

Always take the road less traveled, my friends.

I figured gambling repeatedly is a problem. Eventually you'll lose big.

I just try to avoid it altogether.

Nah, poker and sports bets are both winnable in the long run. I'm probably only a break-even sports bettor, but that's definitely not the case with poker. If I build up a big enough stake, I'm probably going to move to Vegas when I turn 21.

Wow, the Kings are melting down right before our eyes. This was a seven-point game at the half, five minutes into the third the Spurs are up 20. The Kings have yet to make a FG in this quarter.

The Kings are taking it hard. They could still come back, but I really doubt it.

Artest hurt his ankle at the end of the first half, too. He came back, but he's just not able to move at full speed.

So, only one first round game left. I really, really didn't want that to be the case.

Guest Vitamin X
So, only one first round game left. I really, really didn't want that to be the case.

Yeah, that's a shame. If the Lakers win tommorrow, I'm pulling hard for the Mavs to whip the Spurs so the Lakers at least have a shot in the WCF... if they can even get past the Suns and Clips, of course.

Schedule for the weekend:

Saturday

Lakers vs. Suns 8:30 pm TNT

Sunday

Mavs vs. Spurs 1:00 pm ABC

Cavs vs. Pistons 3:30 pm ABC

The Spurs are going to tip at 11 AM local time? That's fucking stupid.

Noon. Texas is CST.

Noon is still stupid, put the Pistons in the early game.

That's really the only difference of having the Cavs there instead of the Wizards. They'll get slaughtered, but Lebron = primetime slots. I guess that makes me happy, since the Pistons get showcased.

Guest Princess Leena

Lebron and the Cavs getting swept > Probably the best series of the entire playoffs, bar Spurs/Pistons.

Congrats to the Spurs. I really thought the Kings could at least push it to 7 games. If Ron Ron doesn't lose his mind this summer and Geoff Petrie can make some more off season magic, then the forecast for the Kings next year will be a good one. Not championship contenders by any stretch, but there are good parts to work with.

Believe it or not, I am for dealing Brad Miller and/or Mike Bibby, particularly Bibby. I think the honeymoon is over with him here in Sac. Miller just doesn't show up in the playoffs enough for me to justify him being there. That's just me though.

Pistons are sweeping or going to 5 games makes with the Cavs.

Heat are going to win in 7 vs the Nets.

I'll go on a limb and say the Mavs will beat the Spurs, if only because the league is making them play game 1 of the series so soon.

The Laker/Sun series is all about which team is going to control the tempo of the game. Lakers-slow down, pound it into the post vs Suns-run and gun. The Suns have homecourt and momentum on their side. The Lakers have the best clutch player in the game and history on their side (only 8 teams have ever successfully come back from 3-1 deficits)

No matter who wins the Laker/Suns series, I'm pulling for the Clippers.

Here's to another summer of discontent going into what could be the final season of the Kings in Sacramento.

Man I don't want them here in OKC. I don't want the SuperSonics, Raptors, or Magic either. I'm happy with the Hornets here. Everyone in OKC has become Hornets fans.

Now the NBA is going to be like "Hey you! I know you all became huge Hornets fans and bought Hornets gear but stop! Now you love the Kings!"

Man, the Hornets aren't yours anyway. They're New Orleans's.

No matter who wins the Laker/Suns series, I'm pulling for the Clippers.

What cold bastard would root against the Clippers?