TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

This better be the change right here. If Smush Parker plays another minute in this game, it's going to seriously tarnish Phil Jackson's legacy as a coach. When you stubbornly stick with a player who's lost all confidence in himself, and is now completely unable to make a shot, that means you're being a bad coach.

Smush is only 2/6, but he's got, what, 3 steals/break-ups? He's playing better than Kwame Brown, who's letting Diaw back him up (in addition to missing every damn layup). I like Diaw and all, but he's handling Kwame like he's Marion or Stoudamire. These are the end-of-the-season Lakers; Odom taking stupid shots, Kobe playing well. Suns win by 12.

Man I'm laughing my ass off. Now maybe I won't have to hear anymore Kobe Bryant crap for a long long time. But ESPN will find a way to talk about him without him even in it. It was funny when all the Lakers fans and the ESPN writers thought the series was over and were saying Steve Nash sucked and didn't deserve the MVP.

If I'm the Suns, I take Steve Nash out right now and don't let him back in unless the Lakers go on a miraculous run.

Guest Princess Leena

The Suns win, and Kobe gets more time to rape people. Works out for everyone.

randy-newman.jpg

I Love LA........Clippers.

I never expected to see the day when the Clippers went further in the playoffs than the Lakers! Hell is going to freeze over soon. The Arizona Cardinals will win the Superbowl, the Tigers will win the World Series, and RVD and Rey Mysterio might be champions at the same time! This is so weird.

Guest Smues

Huzzah Phoenix. I was sure Kobe would find a way to win tonight. Lakers getting blown out in an elimination game always makes me happy, although I don't get to see the end as with around 5 minutes left my cable froze up on most channels. Suns/Clippers should be a really fun series to watch and with the exception of the Pistons I'd be happy with any of the remaining teams winning it all.

Guest Princess Leena

I think the Clippers could have a shot against the Suns. They split the season series 2-2 with them. I think Brand has a big advantage over anyone Phoenix puts on him. And the Clips have the size advantage.

The winner probably loses in 5 to SA/Dallas, but whatever.

I need tickets for at least one game in this series.

I left Hooters in Hollywood with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I had no desire to watch Smush Parker continue to suck.

If Smush Parker is the starting PG for the Lakers at the beginning of next season, I will not watch the Lakers once all year.

There's not much that can be done when the spot in the triangle that is supposed to be occupied by a shooter is occupied by someone that can do nothing of the sort.

I'm going to keep the sig for a while. After all, the Lakers ARE my team.

I'm a Kobe fan, but dude desperately needed some fuckin' help. Basketball might a more individualistic sport, but you still need a whole team to win a meaningful amount of games.

That said, they should all be embarassed for blowing a 3-1 series lead.

They're trading Mihm for a point guard, and Bynum's supposed to be playing a bigger role next year. Seriously, Smush not being on the court in game 6 would have made the game tonight a Laker-Clipper matchup.

Still, baby steps. They're a young team.

That said, they better not get Carlos Boozer as rumor would seem to indicate. Boozer cried and sat out half the season over nothing while Turiaf fought for his life just to play the game. I'd rather have a team full of players like him than that piece of shit.

Congrats to the Spurs. I really thought the Kings could at least push it to 7 games. If Ron Ron doesn't lose his mind this summer and Geoff Petrie can make some more off season magic, then the forecast for the Kings next year will be a good one. Not championship contenders by any stretch, but there are good parts to work with.

Believe it or not, I am for dealing Brad Miller and/or Mike Bibby, particularly Bibby. I think the honeymoon is over with him here in Sac. Miller just doesn't show up in the playoffs enough for me to justify him being there. That's just me though

:ph34r:

You mean that, if you were forced to keep one of the two, you'd rather have Miller? The biggest pussy this side of Peja Stojakovic?

While Miller is a pussy, he is a talented big man. Talented big men in the NBA don't come in spades. While talented point guards are hard to come by as well, I'd take one with a little less offensive talent and more defensive toughness than Bibby, who couldn't guard a closed door much less a guy like Tony Parker.

Meh. I'd rather have a center that can get better than three fucking rebounds a game in the playoffs.

Granted, Miller isn't known for rebounding, because he sucks at that. Okay then, what exactly is Miller good at? Shooting and passing... And how did he do in those aspects for the series? .404 shooting, and 2.5 assists per game.

At this point, I'd trade Miller for a Honey Mustard Chicken w/Bacon sandwich from Quizzno's. :angry:

Not surprised the Suns won in a blow out even though I thought Kobe might make it closer. As I said two days ago, the Lakers had to win Game 6 because that was in effect their Game 7 because I just didn't see Phoenix losing at home. That said, though, I surely didn't expect the Lakers to lose this game by 20+ pts.

I think the Clippers series will be much like this one with the Clippers trying to exploit the inside game. I think that series will end up going 7 as well with the Suns pulling out but then they'll have nothing in the tank for the winner of the San Antonio/Dallas series.

Overall, though, a good first round to the playoffs. I can't remember when I enjoyed this much NBA playoff action in a long, long time.

Guest Princess Leena

Why don't the Lakers trade Kobe to the Knicks for the all their young players. Then all the suck would be on one team, and we could truly see if Kobe can lead a team all by himself, like he so desperately wants.

Those are some good sandwiches.

Way to go Suns. Nothing else really to say.

Although, I don't see how people can be a Kobe fan after tonight. Tonight he made sure that all the blame goes on his teammates instead of himself. The suns were doing a great job doubling him and all, but seriously, get your ass on the block and play some basketball.

Suns Clippers is interesting. Suns own all three backcourt positions on offense, and Cassell is a mixmatch for Nash defensively with his size. Kaman/Brand are beast up front for the Clips on offense, but they are going to have to come out the lane to cover the suns "bigs" and Diaw can absolutely own Kaman or Brand off the dribble defensively.

Should be a hell of the series. But you know who I am picking.

Although, I don't see how people can be a Kobe fan after tonight. Tonight he made sure that all the blame goes on his teammates instead of himself. The suns were doing a great job doubling him and all, but seriously, get your ass on the block and play some basketball.

Are you kidding me? He's the last person that should be taking blame.

Quit listening to Charles Barkley.

You guys want him to be passive. He does it. You guys want him to shoot the ball. He does it.

I do not know what the fuck people want from him, as he's clearly shown he's willing to do what it takes.

There's a reason Charles Barkley never won anything, even though he had great teammates.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm torn.

The love for the Suns has grown a ton here.

But, I can't turn on my Clips. I mean, how the hell can you root against them in this situation? I've waited forever for it.

Are you kidding me? He's the last person that should be taking blame.

Quit listening to Charles Barkley.

You guys want him to be passive. He does it. You guys want him to shoot the ball. He does it.

I do not know what the fuck people want from him, as he's clearly shown he's willing to do what it takes.

Dude...he didn't PLAY in the second half. I could give a shit about what Charles said, but I didn't hear it because I turned when the buzzer went off.

I could give a shit what people said about game 6 and him shooting so much. Every other player on the court for the Lakers at least put forth a effort in the second half. He might as well stayed in the locker room.

Call the rest of the team what ever, when Luke Walton is more aggresive offensively than you, you are not playing.

This series reminds me of the 1997 Miami/NY series. The Knicks were up 3-1, and in game 5, which the Heat won, like the Suns, there was a fight. Well, there was like a mini-altercation with Bell, so its kinda like that. Then the Heat won a close won on the road, and the Suns won a close won on the road. And in Game 7, the Heat blew out the Knicks, and the Suns blew out the Lakers. Pretty similar.

The Suns basketball I expected for the whole series finally showed up tonight (it did in Game 5 too though sorta). Barbosa and Marion played like they usually though, and everyone ran. I really want to see Kobe and Raja's post game interviews. Funny how Kobe could score on him anytime he wanted to, yet managed like a point in the 2nd half.