TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Reseeding is good. The team that finishes first in the conference should always have the advantage of playing the lowest seed.

First of all, winning the division should not guarantee a top 3 seed, then they can reseed after.

Guest Felonies!

No, it's bad. It's not fair to subject Edmonton to the best team twice in a row. They already beat the best team in their conference, and passed that test. You shouldn't just keep feeding low seeds to high seeds. Imagine if the NCAA did that. What a fucking mess that would be.

Do it like this: division leaders are guaranteed spots no matter what, but just take the top 8 from the conference unless a division leader is in, say, 9th or 10th. If so, stick them in at 8th.

Why should the team that did their job in the regular season (finishing 1st) have to play a team with 50 (arbitrary number) as opposed to the one with 41 (arbitrary number)?

Some quotes, because quotes are funny, and a video too.

mms://phxsuns.wmod.llnwd.net/a205/o2/rd1gm6_060504.wmv

Watch it. Listen to Nash.

"We're only up 4-2 now".

That's a bitch.

I really wish I could find the exact quote, but D'Antoni said, "we're going to bust their asses on Saturday." I'd love to see the look on both of their faces if the Lakers won.

No, it's bad. It's not fair to subject Edmonton to the best team twice in a row. They already beat the best team in their conference, and passed that test. You shouldn't just keep feeding low seeds to high seeds. Imagine if the NCAA did that. What a fucking mess that would be.

Do it like this: division leaders are guaranteed spots no matter what, but just take the top 8 from the conference unless a division leader is in, say, 9th or 10th. If so, stick them in at 8th.

I agree. Edmonton was the 8th seed and defeated Detroit who was the #1 seed. Therefore, Edmonton has earned the right to play in the bracket that was initially set up for Detroit because they usurped the spot of the #1 seed. I understand the arguement about regular season performance and am sympathetic to it but I always just see the regular season as a way to set up seeds for the playoffs in the first place.

I'd support the elimination of divisions entirely and just have teams seeded top to bottom in their conference or at least get rid of the rule that says the top 3 seeds have to be the division champions. I think that is ridiculous.

Also, I think a rule should be instituted where if you have a losing record then you shouldn't be allowed to make the playoffs and have those holes in one side of the bracket be filled in by teams in the other conference who might have had winning records but couldn't qualify for the playoffs due to their conference. I think this "transferring" of teams happens in the AHL if I'm not mistaken and I thought it was a pretty interesting formula.

I mean hell, if you have a losing record you shouldn't be in the playoffs period and if people didn't support the transfer rule then just give some of the top seeds a bye through the first round but that'll never happen due to the league wanting tons of revenue from these games. However, that would really benefit the top seed in the conference if they didn't have to get beat up in the first round.

When did Caron Butler decide he wanted to become a borderline All-Star level player? If Washington ever gets a legit big man they could be a deadly team in the future.

Looks like we are setting up for another possible LeBron moment here.

You mean another wide open lay up to win the game?

Guest NYankees

Damn Arenas just miss that layup. Great backdoor setup though.

Arenas just choked. If he doesn't hit the game tying three, he's going to have a hard time going to sleep tonight.

Guest NYankees

Wow the cavs took the lead.

All LeBron has to do is go towards the basket and the wizards part like the red sea.

So Lebron is the second coming of Moses.

Guest NYankees
Arenas just choked. If he doesn't hit the game tying three, he's going to have a hard time going to sleep tonight.

Arenas was anticipating contact which never happened.

Wow the cavs took the lead.

All LeBron has to do is go towards the basket and the wizards part like the red sea.

So Lebron is the second coming of Moses.

Malone? No, there's only one.

Arenas was anticipating contact which never happened.

Which is why you only worry about making the lay up. If you get hit, the refs will call it. He lost focus and might have choked away their season. Having said that, LeBron would have just come down and waltzed to the rim for a dunk as time expired, so they might be better off down three at the buzzer, than playing defense with the lead.

Arenas hits a 35 footer, but now there's 2 seconds left and LeBron will get a dunk.

Guest NYankees

Damon Jones with the big shot to win the game for the Cavs. Someone please explain to me how Arenas can hit a 35 foot 3 pointer but he cant make 2 simple free throws.

Guest NYankees
Holy shit, Damon Jones... where did he just come from?!!!?

The 12th seat on the bench!

It looked like James was Viscera-izing Jones for a minute there. I love when players have those 2 second "okay, how do we celebrate?" moments and they all shrug and go "jump on him!"