TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I just saw the commercial for "Fracture" and wow, if that isn't the biggest Silence of the Lamb rip-off out there then I honestly don't know what is (Hopkins stars too).

Was flipping though just now. Apparently Undressed is back on MTV for some reason. Seemed to part of a marathon if the TV guide channel lineup is any indication.

I just saw the commercial for "Fracture" and wow, if that isn't the biggest Silence of the Lamb rip-off out there then I honestly don't know what is (Hopkins stars too).

Hopkins kills his wife and goes out to ruin the career of a hot shot lawyer just because he's a massive prick and he wants to get anyway with murder. In SOTL, he's a serial killer who has already been captured and convicted helping the FBI find another serial killer. I'm really not seeing how they even compare to each other besides the fact Anthony Hopkins is in both.

Will Smith playing a dramatic role was not good enough for you?

It was boring, and anyone could have acted that role.

I hate Will Smith in dramatic roles and I will say he did a wonderful job in this movie. It was a decent movie, but his performance was pretty fucking good. Especially in the bathroom scene and when he finds out he got the job. Powerful stuff.

The only similarity is Hopkins. How does this film look any different from all the other thrillers? SOTL was pretty different from those and this one as well.

Oh, and Smith was superb in Happiness. Salvaged that movie. Great story but it wasn't easy to watch.

too me, Hitch was about as perfect a role for Will Smith as anything else he's done.

I prefered cussin Bad Boys 1 smith.

too me, Hitch was about as perfect a role for Will Smith as anything else he's done.

I prefered cussin Bad Boys 1 smith.

am I the only one that thought he did TOO much cussing in bad Boys 2? it's like, he went on his high horse saying he'll never cuss again (or tone it down, at least), then signed on for that movie and it seemed like every other word was fuck or shit.

yeah he did...thats why I said bad boys 1. Although the scene with them trying to scare the kid there to pick up martins daughter still makes me laugh.

I think it was a product of him trying to adlib with martin and not being as good at doing it so he just cursed alot.

"I just wanna know if the nigga can fight!"

I watched Shrek 2 for the first time tonight..what an awesome movie. I had so much fun counting all the movie/pop culture references. The white bronco and "it's a thong!" had me laughing out loud.

Was Crow 4 suppose to be intentionally bad?

There's a Crow 4?

Man, I did not notice that one. And I usually try to keep track of Direct to DVD sequel releases!

yeah, Edward Furlong is the Crow this time around.

I just rented The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Season One from NetFlix and man, I'm surprised a show that bizarre was on Nickelodeon at one point. Damn good show though and I like the fact that they used actual teenagers to play teenagers. And the guest stars were all great, the best was Steve Buscemi having a prank war with the Petes dad.

The Naked Brothers Band show is not only creepy with its title but its creepy in general. They had commercials for it with the songs and its just weird and worrisome.

There's a Crow 4?

Man, I did not notice that one. And I usually try to keep track of Direct to DVD sequel releases!

"I grew up in places like this, so I just thought that's how people lived - riding around with birds. Learning how to wear make-up."

The Naked Brothers Band show is not only creepy with its title but its creepy in general. They had commercials for it with the songs and its just weird and worrisome.

Should I be worried? My ten year-old thinks the show is hilarious, but I haven't done the responsible parent thing and screened the show. I figured, if it was on Nickelodeon, it has to be kid-friendly... Am I mistaken? :huh:

There's a Crow 4?

"I grew up in places like this, so I just thought that's how people lived - riding around with birds. Learning how to wear make-up."

Considering that the main villain is David Boreanaz of Buffy/Angel fame I would thought everybody already seen it. I saw it on the Sci-Fi channel and will only say that it got mixed reactions from me.

Should I be worried? My ten year-old thinks the show is hilarious, but I haven't done the responsible parent thing and screened the show. I figured, if it was on Nickelodeon, it has to be kid-friendly... Am I mistaken? :huh:

I haven't seen anything horrible other than the title and trying to turn two 10 year old kids into sex symbols or something. Other than that, it seemed moderately ok. It's not Degrassi: The Next Generation, just the show creeps me out when I see 2 minutes of it.

I don't think they'll learn anything harmful from it though so you are probably ok.

The only Nickelodeon show you should be worried about is the one that has Jamie Lynn Spears on it.

:: searches imdb for Jamie Lynn Spears ::

Shit, I think he watches that, too. What's so bad about that show?

Her sister is Britney Spears so you know she will go crazy eventually and she encourages girls to use text message toys like Blackberry and Sidekicks! You don't want your youngsters begging you to buy those expensive toys think of the phone bills!

Yea, Crow: Wicked Prayer was ungodly terrible which surprises me since the cast was pretty decent. The special effects and CGI were awful.

Her sister is Britney Spears so you know she will go crazy eventually and she encourages girls to use text message toys like Blackberry and Sidekicks! You don't want your youngsters begging you to buy those expensive toys think of the phone bills!

I don't have any daughters, just a son; I think he just thinks she's cute.

As to all the toys and whatnot, that's his mother's problem; he's not allowed to use that shit in my house.

I just rented The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Season One from NetFlix and man, I'm surprised a show that bizarre was on Nickelodeon at one point. Damn good show though and I like the fact that they used actual teenagers to play teenagers. And the guest stars were all great, the best was Steve Buscemi having a prank war with the Petes dad.

I like to refer to that show as "Alternative Television" ... I'm a huge fan of the Nightcrawlers episode, the one with the alien, and the one where Little Pete got the likeness of Martin Van Buren stuck up his nose.

Another quirky show I rented, SCTV Network 90 Vol. 1. I'm downright shocked I haven't seen this show until now. It's like the missing link between Monty Python and SNL (Yes, I know it came after both). Some of the pop culture references are a bit too obscure even for me but I'm really digging most of it so far. I love Taxi Driver starring Gregory Peck.