TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
River City Rocker

Tom Cruise's latest announcement

I have a friend that used to use the statement "I'd eat her afterbirth" as a way of commenting on how he thought a girl was super-extra hot.

I saw that 1998 documentary where they showed the lady fry her placenta. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

If Tom is talking about eating it right after the baby pops out (which from the sounds of the article is about right), well, he's a braver man than I.

Least it won't be thrown away. Tom Cruise is not a man who likes to let things go to waste. He is very respectful of his Earth Mother.

Guest Smues

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060418/ap_on_...ise_holmes_baby

LOS ANGELES - The Tomkitten has arrived. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, the high-profile pair dubbed TomKat by the media, had a baby girl Tuesday, said Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson. The baby, named Suri, weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 20 inches long, he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Both mother and daughter are doing well," Robinson said in a prepared statement.

The name Suri has its origins in Hebrew, meaning "princess," or in Persian, meaning "red rose," the statement said.

The baby was born in Los Angeles but the exact location was not disclosed.

It's the first child for Holmes, 27. Cruise, 43, has an adopted daughter and son from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

Details surrounding the birth, which was planned under the tenets of the Church of Scientology as a silent procedure, weren't disclosed.

Outside the Beverly Hills home where Cruise and Holmes live, about a dozen reporters and photographers stood by. Security officers inside the compound videotaped the journalists.

A security guard at the gate — which was shrouded in black to prevent anyone from seeing in — refused to release any information. A few cars did arrive and were allowed into the estate. A police motorcycle officer stopped by around 4 p.m. and sat watching the goings-on.

The patrolman, who identified himself as Officer Chase, said he was just making a routine check, since activity around the area had been heightened for some time. He asked if the baby had been born, was told yes, and drove off.

It was just about a year ago that Cruise's romance with Holmes became a world sensation.

Cruise hopped up and down on a couch during an interview with Oprah Winfrey as he professed his love.

"I can't be cool. I can't be laid-back," Cruise declared at the time. "Something happened and I want to celebrate it."

The antics were widely mocked but Cruise was unfazed and continued to avow his affection for Holmes.

He and Holmes, a star of TV's "Dawson's Creek," had been first photographed together in Rome in April 2005.

She had previously been engaged to actor Chris Klein; Cruise had been married to Mimi Rogers as well as Kidman, and had dated Penelope Cruz for several years.

In June, Cruise announced to a Paris press conference that he had proposed to Holmes atop the Eiffel Tower.

"Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman," he said.

No wedding date has been disclosed.

Should have named it Xenu.

The fucking kids name is Suri. What the fuck? Not like anything Cruise could do surprises me, but damn that's lame.

I don't know, but Suri doesn't sound that bad compared to Apple and Moses.

There's a difference between "allows to go to waste" and "finds something better".

Yeah. Katie Holmes is better than Penelope Cruz.

Right.

The fucking kids name is Suri. What the fuck? Not like anything Cruise could do surprises me, but damn that's lame.

I don't know, but Suri doesn't sound that bad compared to Apple and Moses.

They should have just named her Sori and Cruise should have spent the next 10 years making a keyblade.

This is horrible! If we allow Tom Cruise to get away with this, then what's next? Tom eating dog afterbirth? The madness will never end!

There's a difference between "allows to go to waste" and "finds something better".

Yeah. Katie Holmes is better than Penelope Cruz.

Right.

Yea, she is.

Oh and Brooke Shields had her baby the same day which is awesome on many different levels.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060418/ap_on_...ise_holmes_baby

LOS ANGELES - The Tomkitten has arrived. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, the high-profile pair dubbed TomKat by the media, had a baby girl Tuesday, said Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson. The baby, named Suri, weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 20 inches long, he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Both mother and daughter are doing well," Robinson said in a prepared statement.

The name Suri has its origins in Hebrew, meaning "princess," or in Persian, meaning "red rose," the statement said.

The baby was born in Los Angeles but the exact location was not disclosed.

It's the first child for Holmes, 27. Cruise, 43, has an adopted daughter and son from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

Details surrounding the birth, which was planned under the tenets of the Church of Scientology as a silent procedure, weren't disclosed.

Outside the Beverly Hills home where Cruise and Holmes live, about a dozen reporters and photographers stood by. Security officers inside the compound videotaped the journalists.

A security guard at the gate — which was shrouded in black to prevent anyone from seeing in — refused to release any information. A few cars did arrive and were allowed into the estate. A police motorcycle officer stopped by around 4 p.m. and sat watching the goings-on.

The patrolman, who identified himself as Officer Chase, said he was just making a routine check, since activity around the area had been heightened for some time. He asked if the baby had been born, was told yes, and drove off.

It was just about a year ago that Cruise's romance with Holmes became a world sensation.

Cruise hopped up and down on a couch during an interview with Oprah Winfrey as he professed his love.

"I can't be cool. I can't be laid-back," Cruise declared at the time. "Something happened and I want to celebrate it."

The antics were widely mocked but Cruise was unfazed and continued to avow his affection for Holmes.

He and Holmes, a star of TV's "Dawson's Creek," had been first photographed together in Rome in April 2005.

She had previously been engaged to actor Chris Klein; Cruise had been married to Mimi Rogers as well as Kidman, and had dated Penelope Cruz for several years.

In June, Cruise announced to a Paris press conference that he had proposed to Holmes atop the Eiffel Tower.

"Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman," he said.

No wedding date has been disclosed.

Should have named it Xenu.

Xenu is the arch enemy of the scientologists. Tom would more likely name the baby L Ron.

Now Brooke Shields, she should have named HER baby Xenu.

I really wish we would have gotten reports of Katie screaming during labor, causing Cruise to punch her in the stomach and storm out, yelling that she needed medication for being a, quote, "crazy bitch", end quote.

In their respective primes, it's a close decision and I could see different opinions. But you can't tell me that 39 year old Nicole Kidman is higher quality than 27 year old Katie Holmes. Hence, Tom found something better.

Oh, and Katie Holmes didn't "age poorly". She got pregnant. A few months from now, she'll be looking good as ever.

We were looking at women as being "good for Tom Cruise". Unless he finds one that's magically immune, I'm pretty sure that any woman he dates is going to end up with the Herp whether or not they had it to begin with.

As for asymmetrical, I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. She looks fine to me in that regard.

If Katie Holmes appeared in my bedroom naked and begging me to fuck her, I'd beat her to death in the mere hope of scoring brownie points with Mimi, Nicole, or Penelope. Bob and iggy simply have no taste.

Ah, so in addition to being a complete asshole and batshit crazy, he's also pretentious. Good to know.

If Katie Holmes appeared in my bedroom naked and begging me to fuck her, I'd beat her to death in the mere hope of scoring brownie points with Mimi, Nicole, or Penelope. Bob and iggy simply have no taste.

Ah, so in addition to being a complete asshole and batshit crazy, he's also pretentious. Good to know.

Yeah, because NO ONE ever gives their kid a name that means something along those lines.

No one who doesn't want that kid to get the shit beaten out of them on the playground and have people make fun of their name for the rest of their life.

No one who doesn't want that kid to get the shit beaten out of them on the playground and have people make fun of their name for the rest of their life.

Suri, is a celeb kid. They all have weird names, they all go to their special ultra exclusive private schools. If you had the name David, you would get your ass kicked for being weird. The meaning of Suri, isn't that odd to name a kid after...in fact most parents do name their kid after something that has a good meaning like "warrior" "prince" "rose".

Suri, is hardly the worst name to have. Look at these gems

Fifi Trixibelle

Reign Beau

Apple/Moses

Daisy Roo

Rumer

Peaches

Rocco

Nell Marmalade

Tiger Lily Heavenly Hirani

Brooklyn

Eugenie

Ninna

Yamma

Malu

Jack Daniel...

I just think it's dumb to arbitrarily pick a name from some other culture, or, even worse, make one up out of thin air. Maybe I'm just being old-fashioned, but people who insist on weird names for their kids come off as being really pretentious and full of themselves to me.