TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KTID

U2's One has been named the greatest lyric of all-time

Guest Felonies!
Seriously Czech, what kind of weirdo would flip out on someone for saying 'irregardless'? Wouldnt that be a reduntant waste of time?

Because it makes the speaker sound uneducated? I've heard teachers say it before. It's maddening.

I use irregardless all the time, because they said it in Mean Girls and I was the only one who laughed really hard when they did. I like to see who can pick up that it's not a real word.

I'm starting to think it's a law that Nirvana must be on every list ever. Even if the list is the best country songs of all time, Nirvana must be in the top 100.

We get it, Kurt died and it really sucked. Boo hoo. Let it the hell go.

Yeah, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was a breakthrough for it's time, but I don't see how the lyrics are that memorable. Hell, I can't understand what Kurt is saying in half the song.

Definitely a UK-centric list. For those wondering, the Arctic Monkeys are the current loves of the British press, with people going so far as to proclaim their new album one of the most important albums ever, etc. Basically they're where the Libertines and Strokes were a couple years back.

If you're going to put a Morrissey penned song so high up, I would rather have seen "Every Day is Like Sunday." "How Soon is Now" is still a good tune, though.

Fuck Kurt Cobain in his rotting overrated shell of an ass. If Eddie Vedder had killed himself instead then Jeremy would top all of these stupid lists. Nirvana was nothing more than a grunge band that put out a couple of good albums.

Guest Deputy Marshall
IRREGARDLESS ISN'T A WORD. The ir- is redundant. Just looking out for you. You'll get worse if you say it out loud to the wrong person.

I don't get the Arctic Monkeys thing either. It's that same NME hype machine that professes how brilliant the Strokes are.

Wow...I don't know what possessed me to use that, honestly. Total brainfart. I get the same way with grammar at times.

I remember being told that The Arctic Monkeys were the voice of my generation. I listened to a couple songs, and their lyrics. Then I came to the realization that my generation is fucking doomed.

Guest Felonies!

Irredundant list.

RABBLE! RABBLE! GRRR!

I don't get the whole snuffbox thing.

Don't worry, you're not alone.

And yeah, the whole Arctic Monkey thing pisses me off. Its just a new fucking trend over here. People won't even remember them/ give them the time of day in about three years time and that song will be nowhere near any lists. The British magazine media (especially NME) just jump on these bands and continually consider them "saviours of music". I swear each new issue of NME has a band on the front cover and is praising them for being the best band ever, but just phrased differently i.e "The best band in 30 years"..."The best album of the decade"..."The Artist of the new millenium".

Guest Felonies!

Nobody's ever clarified just what exactly is good about the Arctic Monkeys. It sounded pretty generic and uncompelling to me.

Is this some thing where the British press feels the need to just keep churning out charismatic guitar bands because That's What They Do or something?

Basically they're trying to create the next big thing so they can say they were there first. There's nothing special about the arctic monkeys. It reminds me of Pete Doherty who everyone is trying to set up as this huge martyr to music, like he's the next Kurt Cobain or Jeff Buckley. It's like they've already planned his premature death and are just waiting to shout from the rooftops about what a talent he is and how we were all robbed.

But I digress.

Basically the Arctic Monkeys is Englands very own trendy pop band (as they are the originators of it) who are approachable to a mature(er) audience and men. They have a shelf life of about three years, then the mass media won't care.

*I had this long winded thing written out, but the wireless internet at the library in my college keeps cutting out, so it didn't post. Each "page cannot be displayed" brings me closer to a murderous rage locked deep within.*

80) Happy Mondays – Kinky Afro

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

But seriously, no Bloodhound Gang?

"The Morn that i was born, my old man beat up the doctor, he clocked the doctor cause the doctor said i looked like Chewbacca"

or

"im not black like barry white, I am white like Frank Black is"

sorry, i re-discovered one fierce beer coaster..