TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Your Paragon of Virtue

Make an outlandish statement

Chris Leben beat a proven fighter in Jorge Rivera(Gave Franklin a tough fight, and holds wins over alot of good fighters), undefeated Luigi Fioravanti, Edwin Dewees, and the very tough and underrated Patrick Cote.

Yes Diego holds a victory over Nick Diaz, but that victory would mean more if Diaz wasn't on a slide after the fight.

Make no mistake about it, slide or not Diaz is a the best fighter on either guy's resume. Rivera, Swick, Radach & Cote are all solid fighters, but not on Diaz's level.

Also, Leben has also shown a bit more vulnerablity than Diego, as he's shown a good amount of trouble with guys who refuse to actively trade with him, while thus far Diego has masked his complete lack of stand-up pretty well.

Chris Leben beat a proven fighter in Jorge Rivera(Gave Franklin a tough fight, and holds wins over alot of good fighters), undefeated Luigi Fioravanti, Edwin Dewees, and the very tough and underrated Patrick Cote.

Yes Diego holds a victory over Nick Diaz, but that victory would mean more if Diaz wasn't on a slide after the fight.

Rivera got caught and didn't defend himself. Solid fight on Leben's part but hardly impressive. Luigi he was content to run the clock on, ditto for Cote. Dewees? Nigga please.

Statement: Leben would get decimated against Tanner, Loiseau, Franklin, Marquadt or Silva. Like, first round death.

Ok, Marquadt would take him to a decison. Marquadt finishing a fight in some kind of good fashion is an outlandish statement I'm not prepared to make.

Statement: Leben would get decimated against Tanner, Loiseau, Franklin, Marquadt or Silva. Like, first round death.

Ok, Marquadt would take him to a decison. Marquadt finishing a fight in some kind of good fashion is an outlandish statement I'm not prepared to make.

Heh.

Actually, Leben vs Loiseau would be a decent match. Their styles seem to match up well.

Loiseau could tee off on Chris all night and not KO him. Dave's best bet would be TKO via cut stoppage.

Also, Marqaurdt is a better finisher than Fedor.

If the HW & MW divisions or their average level of competition nowadays were in anyway similar, I'd be willing to bet Fedor struggles to finish half of his opponents. As is, Nate has a lower JD percentage against generally stiffer competition.

Guest Brian
Loiseau would train with Cote to learn how to avoid Leben's lethal-as-all-hell hugs once somebody actually hits him with a shot.

I need to load up the Leben/Swick fight onto YouTube. Chris can eat punches all day long at point blank range and not get phased. I've seen him do it at AMC.

If the HW & MW divisions or their average level of competition nowadays were in anyway similar, I'd be willing to bet Fedor struggles to finish half of his opponents. As is, Nate has a lower JD percentage against generally stiffer competition.

Nate's last four decision wins: (they were finished by other fighters 40.98% of the time)

Doerksen

Salaverry

Misaki

Hisamatsu

Fedor's last four decision wins: (they were finished by other fighters 26.69% of the time)

Crocop

Nogueira

Nogueira

Schilt

I'd say Nate struggles more to finish off good fighters. Doerkson and Salaverry aren't even close to the level of competition of Nogueira and Crocop.

The average for all oppponents they went to a decision against.

Nate's 6 opponents were finished 41.46% of the time.

Fedor's 7 opponents were finished 34.66% of the time.

Rivera got caught and didn't defend himself. Solid fight on Leben's part but hardly impressive. Luigi he was content to run the clock on, ditto for Cote. Dewees? Nigga please.

I don't see how you can base a guy's finishing skills off of one poor fight, this is of course assuming you've never seen his Pancrase work.

Again, I site a difference in skill level. Of course Noguiera is the best fighter either guy has faced. But outside of him, I'd say the general shittiness of the HW division is evident:

Goodridge = Charles Bennet with a lesser chin

Schilt = an awkward Duane Ludwig at 150lbs.

Filipovic = A steadier Morkevicius

Fujita = a cumbersome Trevor Prangley

I say, P4P-wise, Marquardt finishes pretty much everyone Fedor has, minus those who beat him because he's simply not as good Emelianenko.

Ok, fuck it. I was trying to be inflammatory.

EDIT: Regarding Nate being a better finisher than Fedor, not about being a good finisher at all or taking Loiseau.

Again, I site a difference in skill level. Of course Noguiera is the best fighter either guy has faced. But outside of him, I'd say the general shittiness of the HW division is evident:

Goodridge = Charles Bennet with a lesser chin

Schilt = an awkward Duane Ludwig at 150lbs.

Filipovic = A steadier Morkevicius

Fujita = a cumbersome Trevor Prangley

I say, P4P-wise, Marquardt finishes pretty much everyone Fedor has, minus those who beat him because he's simply not as good Emelianenko.

So you're saying that Marquardt would beat the "Nogueira" of the 185lbs division? How would he do it? We're talking about Nogueira here, so his 185lbs equivalent would still have the iron chin and the best submission game of the division. So how exactly would Marquardt finish him?

Royce will take down Matt Hughes.

Hughes can't tap him from his back, try to escape and give Royce his back.

Royce will choke Hughes out.

Royce couldn't take down Hideo Tokoro.

People shit on Hughes for his guard because of what they saw BJ Penn do, but those people should learn a thing or two before they speak. One, P4P in MMA, I don't think there is anyone else out there who has a better top game than BJ. Two, BJ Penn is an infinitely better striker and wrestler than Royce, and therefore was able to get Matt down in a weird way, as we all saw. If Matt ends up on his back through some fucking miracle, he can easily just stand up, as Royce can't hold him down.

But whatever, there's no point in arguing about the specifics in this fight. Those that are cheering for Royce are just throwing out fantasy scenarios rather than facts, without anything to back it up. You're all fooled by the myth that is Royce Gracie. Your views will come crashing down in about three weeks.

Guest AndrewisyourHero

Rudo, speaking of facts, did you not say awhile back that most of your arguments for Hughes/Gracie came from your Blind Gracie Markdom then anything in reality?