TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boobie

Awesome 80s Movie Moments

If we're talking about moments from UHF, how could anyone forget:

--Spatula City!

Or how about....

Conan the Librarian! I love him chopping that dude in half for having a late book, haha.

Arnold: Remember Sully when I promised to kill you last?

Sully: Yeah Matrix, you did.

Arnold: I lied.

:: drops poor Sully off a cliff as he screams something incoherent ::

It took 24 posts to get to this??? What the fuck is wrong with you people!?

The sheer awesomeness of Innerspace deserves a mention for how cool Dennis Quaid is throughout. Any man who utters the line "The Tuck Pendleton machine: zero defects" while looking in a mirror deserves your respect. Plus the awesome scene where Vernon Wells gets killed by Martin Short's stomach acid, following which Tuck inform him "Congratulations, Jack. You just digested the bad guy."

Drago killing Apollo in Rocky VI. As much as I loved Creed, there's something satisfying about seeing him get beaten to death after his cocky, OTT entrance. "If he dies, he dies".

Phoebe Cates pool scene in Fast Times At Ridgemont High is great for obvious reasons, plus Judge Reinhold's "Doesn't anyone knock anymore" after being caught wanking

and kudos to Wild Pegasus- Over The Top is the most manly film ever made

Arnold: Remember Sully when I promised to kill you last?

Sully: Yeah Matrix, you did.

Arnold: I lied.

:: drops poor Sully off a cliff as he screams something incoherent ::

It took 24 posts to get to this??? What the fuck is wrong with you people!?

From the same movie:

Cook: I'm a Green Beret muthafucka!

Matrix: I eat Green Berets for breakfast.

Gotta love the little shot at Rambo.

Don't know if it's what's wrong with us or that there are so many good movies that only now are we getting to mention...

The original Lethal Weapon...

"This is a real badge, I'm a real cop, and this is a real fucking gun."

"I'm too old for this shit!"

Roadhouse...

"This place has a sign hangin' over the urinal that says, 'Don't eat the big white mint' ".

"All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice. If somebody gets in your face and calls you a cocksucker, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal. I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."

And of course...Revenge of the Nerds

Takashi: Excuse please, but why do they call you "booger"?

Booger: [picking his nose] I don't know.

No "Real Genius" mentions here anywhere?

You all have no right to claim 80's movie love

"Do you mind if I name my first child after you? "Dipshit Knight" has a nice ring to it."

"Chris Knight: You didn't touch anything, did you?

Mitch: No.

Chris Knight: Good. Because all of my filth is arranged in alphabetical order. This, for instance, is under 'H' for "toy"

"Chris Knight: Kent put his name on his license plate.

Mitch: My mother does that to my underwear.

Chris Knight: Your mother puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?"

No "Real Genius" mentions here anywhere?

You all have no right to claim 80's movie love

"Do you mind if I name my first child after you? "Dipshit Knight" has a nice ring to it."

"Chris Knight: You didn't touch anything, did you?

Mitch: No.

Chris Knight: Good. Because all of my filth is arranged in alphabetical order. This, for instance, is under 'H' for "toy"

"Chris Knight: Kent put his name on his license plate.

Mitch: My mother does that to my underwear.

Chris Knight: Your mother puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?"

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"

That was my cell phone ring for quite a while.

Lucky Day: "I'll fill you so full of lead you'll be using your dick for a pencil!"

El Guapo: "What does that mean???"

Lucky Day: "I don't know!"

From Rambo II:

Rambo: Murdock...

Trautman: He's here.

Murdock: Rambo, this is Murdock, we're glad you're alive. Where the hell are you? Give us your position and we'll come to pick you up!

Rambo: Murdock... I'm coming to get you!

F. Bueller playing a song in sneezes.

"Are you really sick?"

"Did you see Alien?"

Ferris' sister and Charlie Sheen at the police station.

Ferris and Camron fucking with people in the restaurant.

And speaking of that:

No Blues Brothers love? Shocking.

It had skidding cars all over the place, an 80's movies staple!

I also see no mention of Gremlins or Goonies here

Shame

"HEYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYS!!!"

"Rocky road?"

Anybody remember "Pulse"? Came out in '88 with one of those Lawrence kids. Kinda creepy, I remember not being able to finish it as a kid. There was a shower scene that still creeps me out :(

Transformers: The Movie, when Prime transforms into vehicle mode, and single-handedly fucks up the Decepticon ranks to the theme of "The Touch" (nice video, BTW). That gives me the chills.

My friend gets the chills from the Temple of Doom, when Jones, who is believed to be under hypnosis says to Shorty: "I'm all right, kid." ::Wink:: And the triumphant theme plays as they kick bad guy BUTT.

My friend gets the chills from the Temple of Doom, when Jones, who is believed to be under hypnosis says to Shorty: "I'm all right, kid." ::Wink:: And the triumphant theme plays as they kick bad guy BUTT.

An awesome moment, but I like even better when they leave that area and head to the mines afterwards to rescue all the kids. Jones enters the mine, and the camera just moves from his legs up, and then, without even showing the beating, the guard goes flying from Jones.

Daniel-san fucking up Johnny

Sean Penn having the pizza delivered in the classroom

Old granny taking a bump through the window in Gremlins

Jack Nicholson explaining that he had a "horrible nightmare" where he cut Wendy and the kid up into little pieces in The Shining; Scatman getting axed (too much to mention from the movie)

The final scene of Raging Bull

Droopy Dog's cameo in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Some more 'Coming To America':

Maurice: Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

-----

Prince Akeem: Sir, I was wondering, did you catch the professional football contest on television last night?

Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.

Prince Akeem: Oh, it was a most amazing game. The Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. The Giants triumphed by kicking a pigskin ball through a big "H". A most ripping victory.

Cleo McDowell: Son... I'm just going to tell you this one time. If you want to keep working here, stay off the drugs.