TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

E3 2006: The Thread

So is that why Nintendo felt is necessary to delay the release of the Gamecube Zelda? So that it could have the production of the Wii version well underway and they can both be released around the same time? Fuck that.

Expecting what, more exclusion?

As long as the one for Wii isn't dumbed down TOO much, it's not a problem?

What's your beef??

The Washington Post coverage is killing me.

Apparently this new controller from Sony, "is throwing a wrench into Nintendo's plans for their confusingly titled Wii"

The guy LOVED the Sony showing.

I was hoping they would show how the virtual console will look in terms of interface, and where is the next big secret? Was it that the system is always able to receive data and work even when it is in standby mode?

The speaker in the controller is a really clever idea, should add to the immersion and help give a point of reference in 3D space.

I watched half of the Nintendo conference ( I left when they talked about the DS ). So far, Wii looks good. Mario and Zelda looks interesting, Metroid Prime 3 looks about the same as if it was on Gamecube, but it was only a short video. I'm disappointed about the fact that no details were given on their retro-gaming thingy.

I didn't see the Sony conference, I just read articles on the controller and MSG4. There's an uproar on how Sony stole Nintendo's controller, but eventually, all controllers will become that way.

Edit : Dragon Warrior on launch day, woohoo !

Sony just added Kirby Tilt N Tumble functionality to their 3 gen old controller, took out the Rumble and made it wireless. I've calmed down a lot after hearing that they added some sort of wii-like functionality but it really isn't a lot and can't do half the things the Wii-mote can.

Why is nobody talking about the big news of the day?

On the XBox Live Marketplace, there's a trailer for........a new CULDCEPT GAME! CULDCEPT MOTHER FUCKERS! E3 OVER! No need to announce any more games! Just show me hours and hours of Culdcept footage!

A Twilight Princess for Wii? Damnit, Nintendo. Do you have any idea how long ago I preordered that?

So they didn't break their promise about a GC version, but that's rather silly.

Have they unveiled the "shell" controller? Since I was going to buy the Wii and TP anyway, I want to make sure I'll have the option of "traditional" controls with it.

Yes, I can't wait to read reports and see some high resolution screenshots of all this sweet, sweet madness.

Mario looked...incredible. I need that game.

Excite Truck has deformable terrain as well, that seems like a cool feature no one picked up on.

Edit: Just looked at some Red Steel screenshots on IGN, the graphics aren't blowing me away but it looks good. It seems the biggest hinderance right now is texture quality.

"When we announced the PlayStation price, it was said to be expensive." - Ken K.

Which is total bullshit, because they stepped up to the podium, said "$299," and people went nuts over it.

12:22: "Major announcement about one of greatest franchsies of all time." Says its so exciting that he has to take his shirt off. Shows Halo 2 tatto--GRAND THEFT AUTO IV tatoo on other arm. Grand Theft Auto IV October 16 to Xbox 360 ONLY.

12:25: "Microsoft and Rockstar have entered into an exclusive deal to privide episodic content via Xbox Live Marketplace."

12:26: Grand Theft Auto IV will be updated with regular fresh content, more details later. Crowd is stunned, gasps all around.

HOLY SHIT!! That is a COUP for Microsoft.

"SHELL" CONTROLLER!!!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/...oto_classic.jpg

I love it. A real D-pad, not a nigh-vestigal POS like GC's. An SNES-style layout, to boot.

Obviously, it and the Wiimote will fit NES games like a glove, as well as SNES titles. For N64, it won't work as well (I was hoping for 6 face buttons), but you still have 6 "normal" buttons, and does it look like there are two inner triggers there, too?

I guess I'll be heading up to EB later to change my preorder from TP GC to TP Wii....

T--

Oh noes, that lends itself even more so to toilet humor.

Guest Evolution

It's about time Microsoft opened their pocketbook to lock down GTA.

In terms of the N64 games, I imagine any of the C buttons could be reproduced with flicks up, down, left, or right of the right analog stick.

Sony's gonna have to have a REAL impressive showing on the floor with their PS3 playable titles if they are going to get out of E3 alive.

12:22: "Major announcement about one of greatest franchsies of all time." Says its so exciting that he has to take his shirt off. Shows Halo 2 tatto--GRAND THEFT AUTO IV tatoo on other arm. Grand Theft Auto IV October 16 to Xbox 360 ONLY.

12:25: "Microsoft and Rockstar have entered into an exclusive deal to privide episodic content via Xbox Live Marketplace."

12:26: Grand Theft Auto IV will be updated with regular fresh content, more details later. Crowd is stunned, gasps all around.

HOLY SHIT!! That is a COUP for Microsoft.

I said I wasn't going to get a 360. I lied.

"In terms of the N64 games, I imagine any of the C buttons could be reproduced with flicks up, down, left, or right of the right analog stick."

I was thinking that, because that's what the emulated N64 Zeldas did on LoZCE and OOT+MQ, but the C-stick had intentionally been a bit more limited than the analog stick. Besides, for games that require you to use them a lot, it might not gel so well. For example, you'd have to totally remap No Mercy.

However, I have an N64 with the best titles anyway, so that's no biggie.

"I said I wasn't going to get a 360. I lied."

Taking after Sony?

Oh, remember folks--E3 hasn't actually officially began. These are just press conferences.

Another GC title: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/gc/0...ario/img/01.jpg

Super Paper Mario™

Format: Nintendo GameCube™

Launch Date: Q4 2006

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Game Type: 2-D/3-D Sidescrolling Platformer with Role-Playing Elements

Players: 1

Developer: Intelligent Systems

KEY INFORMATION: The newest chapter of the Paper Mario story isn’t just out of this world … it’s out of this dimension.

• What at first glance appears to be a 2-D sidescroller ripped straight from the pages of the Paper Mario universe soon turns into a 3-D action-adventure that defies all video game logic. Fusing 2-D and 3-D perspectives, not to mention RPG and platformer elements, the game slips back and forth between dimensions. The action sprawls across eight worlds filled with traps, puzzles, bizarre mysteries and items that often draw themselves out of thin air.

• Oh, and just because Mario’s in the title doesn’t mean he’s the only star – players also get to play as Peach and Bowser.

The Wii is indeed "wee" (in the size sense):

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Dant...cs/6185defd.jpg

Yeah but still, Microsoft already has their next-gen system out and will show games that are using more and more of it's capabilities while Nintendo will have something like 30 games playable for their console with the interesting (to say the least) control setup....and Sony had to reassure people that there will actually be playable demos on the show floor for a system Ken K. said is "too cheap" at $500-$600. Like I said, Sony's gotta really impress people in order to keep the spotlight this year.