TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

E3 2006: The Thread

I wasted five minutes of my time and went on the GameFAQs boards....the fanboy-talk there is so retarded, I can't believe there are actually adults in those discussions.

I'm actually tempted to buy, for the first time, a console at launch. The price hasn't been revealed, but I suppose it will cost the same as the Gamecube. The new Super Smash Bros. game is the icing on the cake. Solid Snake must be able to snap some necks. ( even though I'm not sure how he'll do it to Kirby or Jigglypuff.... ) As for ideas for guest stars, along with Sonic, Mega Man, I'm going with Simon Belmont.

Sonic Wildfire (for Wii) Gameplay Vid:

Some collision needs to be worked out there of course (I swear he's running right through some spikes), but it's already apparent:

Rings = health, but when you take damage you just lose x number of rings, instead of dropping all of them and having them scatter.

There's still sections of the game where you start flying off in the "right" direction automatically. I'm not so hot about that idea (especially since you can accidentally steer him into certain death if it takes you by surprise), but if they're well done and kept to a minimum it shouldn't be a major problem.

The homing attack seems back, as well as the Speed Rush from Sonic Rush, in some form at least.

Looks okay, but I still have my doubts we'll see a 3D Sonic done right. At least this looks to be a step in the right direction.

Okay, I'm watching this G4 coverage of E3. And I just saw I guy name Zack Selwyn (spelling?). For some reason, I can't remember where this guy has been before, but it feels like I know him. Where else have I seen him?

Edit: Never mind. I looked it up on IMDB. He was on Dream Job. Now it's all coming back to me.

New rumored additions to SSBB roster:

Aiai (from Super Monkey Ball), Captain Omar (from Pikmin), Viewtiful Joe, Waluigi (Luigi's evil counterpart).

I'm trying to get a confirmed source on it. Supposedly it's IGN, but I can't find it on their page.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707908p1.html

The hands-on reports on for Red Steel at IGN are really disappointing. Apparently, they basically took the controller and made it like a big analog stick instead of giving it the pin-point light gun like control, which makes absolutely no sense.

Same thing with the sword play, you're stuck doing basic motions which the game takes and does generic animation for (basically like pressing "vertical attack, horizontal attack" but in the air).

I can't believe they're screwing it up so completely when it should be a no-brainer, considering that Wii Sports Baseball, that little simple game, can accurately mimic all of your motions on the bat and freaking DUCK HUNT can get shooting accurately.

I sincerely hope they can overhaul this game in time for launch and make it good, because right now it sounds like the guys at Ubisoft, who I consider very talented, are making idiotic mistakes. This is not the kind of game that they should have out to show people how the controller will work, because it sounds like it makes the controller look crappy and ineffectual.

Aiai (from Super Monkey Ball), Captain Omar (from Pikmin), Viewtiful Joe, Waluigi (Luigi's evil counterpart).

I'm trying to get a confirmed source on it. Supposedly it's IGN, but I can't find it on their page.

If Aiai makes it in there's NO EXCUSE for Sonic NOT being in.

Guest Evolution

So Viewtiful Joe, Wario AND Waluigi are all in the next SSB?

Nice.

Adding Snake to Brawl is an ok choice. Metal Gear started on Nintendo, so adding him makes sense but if Nintendo just starts throwing in random people from games, I'm not going to like it. Like I said Snake is one thing but Aiai and Viewtiful Joe doesn't really make much sense. I do like the idea of Simon Belmount, that would be pretty cool and make sense. I guess I think Nintendo should stick to games that were actually only on Nintendo or started on Nintendo not games that cross platformed.

I'm damn sure I heard that Red Steel had you being able to use the remote as a target for shooting.

If that's not in the game, and it's just a floating analog stick, then whoops...

Adding Snake to Brawl is an ok choice. Metal Gear started on Nintendo, so adding him makes sense but if Nintendo just starts throwing in random people from games, I'm not going to like it. Like I said Snake is one thing but Aiai and Viewtiful Joe doesn't really make much sense. I do like the idea of Simon Belmount, that would be pretty cool and make sense. I guess I think Nintendo should stick to games that were actually only on Nintendo or started on Nintendo not games that cross platformed.

To be fair, I think people associate Viewtiful and Monkey Ball as being defining Game Cube games. If I thinkk of those games, I associate them with GC.

Various trailers and footage (most from IGN) I just searched for on Youtube:

Very short Pilotwings trailer

Wii Game Trailer Compilation

Halo 3

MGS 4

Tekken 6

(Mario and the Colossus?)

Love the Mario Galaxy video.

I also like how in the Smash Brothers intro, Mario and Link morph from their previous models into TP/SMG models, Pikachu seems to have a slight difference, and Kirby... seems to look exaclty the same.

Haha that T6 trailer looks like arcade TTT or something. Why even show a build that early? All you're going to get is people saying how bad the game looks. They should have shown more prerendered Jin videos.

MGS4 looks potentially amazing, that was a seriously quality preview.

I'm not big into the console wars, I usually just go with the basics, but the Wii looks very impressive, especially Mario Galaxy. And Paper Mario. I think I'll pick that up when it comes out.

HA!

Monkey Ball is Dreamcaaaaast!!!

No it isn't. :P

However, while many people are "eh" on Monkey Ball, it's a Sega property, which means if it is confirmed then it makes it all the more likely to have Sonic.

Gamecube is getting Monkey Ball Adventure, which is a full-blown story-based action game.

Sweet.

As for the "new" additions to SSB, Viewtaful joe is a good idea, not so keen on the pikimin dude, unless hes just an unlockable character.

Plus, do we know who from the last game is on the new one bar, mario, link, kirby and pickachu?

and Kirby... seems to look exaclty the same.

theres not a lot you can do with a pink ball.... theres only so far you can go with that.

I wasn't complaining, I was saying I thought it was funny. The way Kirby looks around, I thought it was an intended joke.

I watched the SSBB trailer yesterday with people at work on a computer that had no sound - watching it today and hearing the MGS "game over" at the end with Snake makes even better.

Anya: Interview you might be interested in--

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150712

I'm disappointed he didn't say anything about Tekken. Itagaki interviews are no good without the Tekken hate.

Why would he have to say anything this go round? Tekken's embarassing performance speaks for itself.

Also I think we can conclude where the console companies ranked for E3

1) Nintendo

2) Microsoft

3) Sony.

I fully admit I've always loved Nintendo, but in all honesty, did anyone expect this type of showing from them?

Having just watched Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, just like with the Gamecube for the past game...they've got my money, if ONLY for that game.

HA!

It became most known on GameCube, to the point that I associate it with GC.

Like SF2.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about all the characters for Melee coming back than I am about other newcomers. I fear that, with there being only four confirmed returning characters, some of the fighters that I like using the most (i.e., Ganondorf), aren't going to make the cut for Brawl.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about all the characters for Melee coming back than I am about other newcomers. I fear that, with there being only four confirmed returning characters, some of the fighters that I like using the most (i.e., Ganondorf), aren't going to make the cut for Brawl.

Eh, I'm sure most of them will make it in.

Or all, if they go like they did with SSB to Melee.

EDIT: Except maybe Dr. Mario. Just make him an alternate costume for Mario.

Guest NYankees

How come nobody is talking about Paris Hilton promoting her game and mentioning the wrong name for the game.

HA!

It became most known on GameCube, to the point that I associate it with GC.

Like SF2.

It was never on Dreamcast.

Arcade first, then GC.

How come nobody is talking about Paris Hilton promoting her game and mentioning the wrong name for the game.

I saw this on SuperFicial. Someone want to tell me again why this girl is famous, aside from her parents being loaded?