TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

Pretty much what we've all been thinking about the quality of the officiating in the playoffs.

The West side of the playoffs has me very interested. If SA gets knocked out, any of the 3 remaining teams could make it to the finals. PHX/LA Part 2 has been extremely fun to watch.

The East is not so interesting, as I think we'll have a rematch of last year's ECF. I'd like to think the Cavs could knock off the Pistons and make things interesting, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

On a side note, does anyone know the lowest scoring playoff game ever? Tonight's ugly 74-72 game has to be close. I know the Pistons play good D and all, but that's an inexcusably low amount of points from two of the top eight NBA teams.

Here's the answer:

@ Boston 66, Detroit 64, May 10, 2002

The '04 Pistons have the next three, including two from the Pacers series.

I'd much rather see Dallas/Miami because Nowitzki would become a huge star if he beat Shaq & Wade, or Wade would win his first title, but I'd settle for Dallas/Detroit.

From a sentimental standpoint, I'd like to see the Clippers get to the finals. I can understand it if you're a fan of one of the other teams, but you'd have to be a soul-less bastard to simply not want to see them in the finals, IMO.

From an entertainment standpoint (not to say that the other teams are boring, just saying), any combination of the Nets, Heat, Suns and Mavs would be fun to watch.

I want Phoenix to play Detroit, but I get the feeling that we'll see Miami-Dallas.

Phoenix and Detroit would be awesome due to the total difference in style.

Phoenix sucks. They have no chance of getting to the Finals. Honestly, I'd give the Spurs a better chance of coming back from 3-1 then I would of the Suns/Clippers winning from 0-0. Going into the playoffs, we knew that there were 4 real contenders for the title and that hasn't changed. The only thing different is that one of the real contenders is on the verge of getting eliminated by one of the other real contenders who only has to win one out of three.

The only team in the playoffs the suns can't beat is San Antonio.

Thats the end of the list

Guest Vitamin X
From a sentimental standpoint, I'd like to see the Clippers get to the finals. I can understand it if you're a fan of one of the other teams, but you'd have to be a soul-less bastard to simply not want to see them in the finals, IMO.

What if you're a huge fan of the other L.A. team and would hate to see the Clippers get bragging rights in a town they really don't belong in?

What if you're a huge fan of the other L.A. team and would hate to see the Clippers get bragging rights in a town they really don't belong in?

They're not going to get bragging rights. Hell, they don't even have one single banner in the arena they play in, and their section in the Arena Store is the size of my smallest bathroom.

Phoenix/Miami is the money series for the NBA, as it has a good combo of star power and potential for high-scoring, exciting games. Though any non SA/DET combination has at least a decent amount of appeal.

Guest Felonies!

I have no idea what that would feel like.

that Pistons game last night made me wanna rip my head out...Carlito on the Cavs merked us...and Flip Saunders decided to channel the ghosts of Carlisle and Brown at the same time by going small with Prince at PF like a dumbass and even dumber..playing Maurice Evans..he has to be the worst player in any current playoff team's rotation...if Saunders dont make the Finals..we may be welcoming back Brown Lakers style

The only team in the playoffs the suns can't beat is San Antonio.

Thats the end of the list

And Dallas, Miami and Detroit. I like Phoenix but the current incarnation of the team can't beat any of the top 4.

At least one Pistons-Pacers ECF game in '04 had both teams in the 60's.

This must be the (in)famous Game 6. That game takes a lot of flack but I recently watched the 4th quarter a couple of weeks back, and it's an awesome awesome game, or at least that quarter is. The crowd heat is incredible, it's close all the way down the stretch, and it has a very football vibe to it, in the sense that becuase its so low scoring every shot takes on huge significance. It's also lays some seeds for the brawl (which was the next time Artest visited the Palace), the hatred was so palpable i'm surprised people didnt rush onto artest on the court. It's an infamous Artest meltdown, after the flagrant, he makes some really bewildering plays in crunch time (including a bizarre play where he tries to play ben wallace one on one while out past the 3 point line, driving in to try to dunk on him), like he suddenly decided he was gonna stick it to the pistons rather than help the team win.

Phoenix split the season series with Dallas (2-2), lost both games against Detroit and beat Miami twice. I'd say Dallas and Detroit are the two teams that can give Phoenix a run of their money, if not the Clippers (who they split also at 4-4, including their current series).

Phoenix split the season series with Dallas (2-2), lost both games against Detroit and beat Miami twice. I'd say Dallas and Detroit are the two teams that can give Phoenix a run of their money, if not the Clippers (who they split also at 4-4, including their current series).

The regular season means nothing.

none of the other top 4 teams have a consistant offensive threat outside of Miami, and Phoenix has been consistantly beating the shit out of Miami for these past two years. Shaq can't cover any of Phoenix's"bigs" and can't get back in the up tempo game. Thats why Riley has had to sit all the Heat Bigs early.

Without a real post threat, the suns can pretty much fuck you up.

Well I knew the Mavs were good going into this but I didn't know they were this good.

I thought the Spurs were just playing with their heads up their asses but they're actually just being outplayed to hell.

none of the other top 4 teams have a consistant offensive threat outside of Miami, and Phoenix has been consistantly beating the shit out of Miami for these past two years.

Right, Dirk Nowitzki's not a consistent offensive threat. That's why he's averaged over 20 PPG the last six seasons, including 26.6 this year, and 27.6 this postseason. Not to mention that Terry, Howard, and Harris have all been consistent auxilliary threats throughout the playoffs. Saying Dallas can't beat Phoenix because they have no consistent offensive threat is just downright ridiculous.

One thing is for sure, Avery Johnson has all the talent to become one of the best coaches in NBA history. I like him a lot and I hope he continues to be really good, whether it be with Dallas for his whole career or somewhere else.

Be nice to see the Mavs move on but I just fear the Spurs. They have a lot of weapons that are just waiting to bust out and with their backs against the wall, it's bust out time.

I want Mavs/Heat, because I feel like Wade is the best player in basketball. Yeah I know the competition, but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

none of the other top 4 teams have a consistant offensive threat outside of Miami, and Phoenix has been consistantly beating the shit out of Miami for these past two years.

Right, Dirk Nowitzki's not a consistent offensive threat. That's why he's averaged over 20 PPG the last six seasons, including 26.6 this year, and 27.6 this postseason. Not to mention that Terry, Howard, and Harris have all been consistent auxilliary threats throughout the playoffs. Saying Dallas can't beat Phoenix because they have no consistent offensive threat is just downright ridiculous.

I meant low post offensive threat. Sorry about that.

There are no more low post offensive threats, which is pretty much the suns weakness.

Be nice to see the Mavs move on but I just fear the Spurs. They have a lot of weapons that are just waiting to bust out and with their backs against the wall, it's bust out time.

The series is far from over. I expect the Spurs to play great tomorrow.

No...this series is over. I personally don't believe that the spurs can beat the Mavs 3 times in a row.

Plus the Spurs usually roll over when their back is against the wall...it just doesn't happen much. I will be looking forward to what happens tommorrow, but I think the Mavs will be coming out trying to kill the off and none of that satisfied shit. Avery Johnson won't allow it.

Spurs are done, and I fear for the Pistons. One of my favorite teams, but I picked against just for the fact of their arrogance, and the fact that Lebron James is having such a great playoffs.

Clippers should win the next two games, and then lose to Dallas in 5... though I hope they make it... I really do.

The key game will be Game 6. San Antonio will probably win tomorrow night to even the series. Dallas would then have to seal it at home or they'd be dead in the water heading back to SA for Game 7.

It is really starting to feel like Dallas' year though.