TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

2006 Fall Line-Up Thread...

This coming up week, the networks will release their 2006 fall lineups.

Fox has renewed:

Prison Break

King of the Hill

The Simpsons

And gave the go-ahead to two new shows:

Vanished, a cleverly named missing persons drama

the Brad Garrett sitcom Til Death, about a longtime married couple whose next door neighbors are newlywed

NBC has renewed:

The Law and Orders

Medium

Crossing Jordan

Las Vegas

The CW has decided to take these shows from UPN and WB:

America's Next Top Model

Everybody Hates Chris

WWE Friday Night Smackdown!

Gilmore Girls

Smallville

7th Heaven

The only date I know for sure is CW's (the 18th).

7th Heaven got picked up.

mole's news is about out of date, thefutoncritic released a ton of news this weekend about the upfronts.

Tina Fey's show got picked up, as did Andy Richter's.

7th Heaven got picked up.

mole's news is about out of date, thefutoncritic released a ton of news this weekend about the upfronts.

Tina Fey's show got picked up, as did Andy Richter's.

I could have sworn they were advertising it as "the series finale". The show just won't die will it.

It was the series finale, but they made a deal to bring it back.

The CW's really really desperate.

There's no On the Bubble show I'm really hoping gets renewed.

NBC picking up a show that's a ripoff of Medium is really funny and pathetic.

The CW networks only had 3 shows I cared about (Girls, Tree Hill and Mars). So I'm guessing that 2/3 are gone yet 7th Heaven sticks around. Great.

Guest NYankees
This coming up week, the networks will release their 2006 fall lineups.

the Brad Garrett sitcom Til Death, about a longtime married couple whose next door neighbors are newlywed

Sounds like the opening premise of Married with Children. The Bundys were a long married couple and their new neighbors The Rhodes were just recently married.

but where's war at home and american dad

American Dad is safe despite its ratings tailing off over the new episodes recently.

War at Home isn't as safe, but its pretty certain they'll move it off Sunday Night and its one of their only decent performing comedies returning.

Umm..

My Name is Earl moving to 8pm pm on Thursday. I guess they dont think Surivor has much steam left and its better to throw it against Survivor some of the time than CSI most of the time.

ER is getting the Prison Break treatment (air a bunch of new episodes in the fall and then it gets pre-empted and comes back in the spring)..ouch.

From my Cynopsis email this morning...

Not so fast for the series ended police -- not quite officially yet, but 7th Heaven reportedly will return for an 11th season, having been resurrected at the last hour as part of the September CW schedule. At this writing there is nothing to report on whether all or part of the large cast will return. Stephen Collins tells Cynopsis: "I've been hearing all the reports about 7th Heaven but I haven't heard anything official from any producer or executive about the show being picked up. I also don't have a deal at this point." As for Stephen's immediate plans, he'll be heading off to Capetown, South Africa, for a movie from Ed Zwick called Blood Diamond, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Connolly.

First up for the upfront presentations this week is NBC, scheduled for this afternoon at Radio City Music Hall. There is scuttlebutt the Tina Fey project has now been picked up (as of late last week it's fate was still unknown), and on Friday the Andy Richter project got the official go-ahead. While NBC is staying predictably mum over its soon-to-be announced fall schedule, much of the conversation at the water cooler surrounds Thursday nights. There has been word ER may move, tho nothing confirmed or denied there. Also there is speculation My Name is Earl and The Office will remain on Thursdays from 8-9p, while the Tina Fey comedy starring Alec Baldwin may move in at 9p or 930p. Tho if that scenario holds true, the Studio 60 on Sunset Strip with Matthew Perry among others, is left out of Thursdays, and may then find a home on earlier in the week at 10p.

And don't forget about Sundays on NBC - come this fall NBC has football on Sunday nights which means it needs to find at least temporary new homes for Crossing Jordan and L&O: Criminal Intent. And while you're trying to figure all that out before 3p this afternoon when NBC presents, also consider the other new dramas coming to the network including Raines with Jeff Goldblum, Friday Night Lights (seems a shoe-in for Friday nights), 20 Good Years with John Lithgow and Jeffrey Tambor, Heroes and the comedy series, The Black Donnellys, Kidnapped and comedy project The Singles Table. Not expected to be a concern for scheduling next season on NBC are Dick Wolf's Conviction, Joey, Surface, E-Rings, or Teachers.

ABC has ordered up a handful of pilots in preparation for its upfront presentation announcements scheduled for tomorrow, and has already announced the nixing of another. Coming on board for the new season are:

* Ugly Betty from Touchstone TV

* Traveler from Warner Bros. TV

* Brothers & Sisters with Calista Flockhart from Touchstone

* Men In Trees with Anne Heche from Warner Bros. TV

* A Day in the Life from Sony Pictures TV

* Let's Rob Mick Jagger with Donal Logue for Touchstone and Worldwide Pants

Also returning for a second season, What About Brian?

Not returning -- Invasion, Freddie. Still questionable: George Lopez and According to Jim

Fox has given a 6 ep order to The Winner for midseason from Seth McFarlane. Also returning next season are War at Home, The Loop and The O.C.

NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE FOR FALL 2006-07

*New programs in CAPS (with the exception of "ER")

MONDAY

8-9 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"

9-10 p.m. "HEROES"

10-11 p.m. "Medium"

TUESDAY

8-9 p.m. "FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS"

9-10 p.m. "KIDNAPPED"

10-11 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

WEDNESDAY

8-9 p.m. "The Biggest Loser"

9-9:30 p.m. "20 GOOD YEARS"

9:30-10 p.m. "30 ROCK"

10-11 p.m. "Law & Order"

THURSDAY

8-8:30 p.m. "My Name Is Earl" (new time)

8:30-9 p.m. "The Office" (new time)

9-10 p.m. "STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP"

10-11 p.m. "ER"/("THE BLACK DONNELLYS" in January 2007)

FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"

9-10 p.m. "Las Vegas"

10-11 p.m. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (new day and time)

SATURDAY

8-9 p.m. "Dateline Saturday"

9-11 p.m. Drama Series Encores

SUNDAY

7-8 p.m. "FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA"

8-11 p.m. "SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL"

Yea, House got renewed a few weeks ago.

NBC's schedule is pretty stupid, except I think moving Criminal Intent to Fridays is a good move.

Poor Tina, I don't think her show is going to make it there.

Let's Rob Mick Jagger with Donal Logue for Touchstone and Worldwide Pants

Did a google search, found this:

Mick is set to make a cameo appearance in an ABC sitcom pilot episode slated for this Fall in the US. Mick shot his scenes for the New York-based pilot in a hotel room in Auckland, New Zealand, last week. The tentative title for the sitcom is "Let's Rob Mick Jagger." It's the brainchild of Rob Burnett, long-time David Letterman executive producer, and his partner, Jon Beckerman, who had previously created the NBC comedy-drama "Ed." The concept apparently centers on a janitor for a prominent New York building, to be played by the character actor Donal Logue. Down on his luck, the janitor sees a celebrity on television wallowing in his wealth during a tour of his new Manhattan penthouse. Enlisting a crew of similarly ordinary but frustrated accomplices, the janitor conceives a plot to rob Mick's apartment, a story line that would unfold over a 24-episode television season.

I give it..3 episodes.

Guest NYankees

What is Friday Night Lights? Is it a tv version of the movie that came out a couple of years ago?

Was FNL being on Friday too logical for NBC? Am I reading it right, is ER only on for 1/2 a season now?

Like I said, ER is getting the Prison Break treatment. Its going to run a lot of episodes in the fall and up until January when the Black Donnellys gets its limited run, and then ER is back in the spring to finish out its 13th season.

John Stamos is supposedly joining ER too.

And Friday Night Lights on Friday night wouldn't make sense because the show is about high school football, and at least for the fall..the show would be on at the same time as high school football games..

Guest El Satanico

new NBC shows i'm interested in

Heroes

20 Good Years

Andy Barker, P.I.

I'm sure all three will be cancelled