TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Five best villains

1: Kefka. Crazy as hell. Dritiest player in the game. Essentailly a scrub who destroyed the world. Good show.

2: Luca Blight: Royalty, nigh-unstoppable in combat, though he was just a guy. Here's he mentl process: KILLKILLKILLPIGFIREKILLKILLKILLDIE. Dilandau in game form.

3: Pyramid Head: Fucking imposing/ His first a[[earance is terrifying. This guy exemplifies 'Monster'

4: Jowy Blight: He's your friend. You grow up with him. UNtil he turns into the biggest douchebag ever. I would say he's just like Magneto, but that would deny some of the great moments in the game.

Suikoiden II Easily has two of the top ten villains. I'd say 'Buy it now!' but it's like $80 now.

5: Sephiroth: Yeah, you know he was going to be here/ Ridiculously awesome character design, a decent story, the best music EVER.

As time goes on I find villains like Kefka and Sephiroth to no longer be as good as I used to think. I don't hate them but they're not "omg best ever!" either. Sephiroth is so convoluted and melodramatic and Kefka barely does anything at all, by the time he becomes a threat and the main villain he is gone until the very end. A lot of the RPG stories are not very good really. They're only good "for a video game". But that's a whole other topic....

Dr. Wily and Sigma. You have to give them credit for their consistency. They never give up trying the same evil scheme. I love how they'll try to stay in the shadows and make it look like a different villain is in the spotlight and then it always ends up being them anyway. I especially find it funny how Capcom is slowly making it so the heroes are aware of how stupid the whole thing is and the heroes actually casually discuss how they keep coming back and they always lose. Same thing with Bowser and Mario. They've been fighting so long it's like a joke now, inbetween Bowser's plots to kidnap Peach they play golf and race go karts together.

M. Bison. Icon of fighting games. Does anyone not think of him when thinking of bosses? It was cool fighting him and then getting to PLAY as him in CE. Back in the days when doing the psycho crusher back and forth was considered high level strategy. The only thing that sucks about him is Capcom's recent bizarre sci fi stories about him being obsessed with creating clones and desiring the body of a teenage girl. I liked him better when he was just a dictator.

Kazuya and Heihachi Mishima. I always liked how pre-Jin there was no real main hero in the Tekken story. There's guys like Paul but he really has nothing to do with the main plot. The two big characters were Kazuya and Heihachi...who are both evil. Both are cold and ruthless and want power. Whoever wins...we lose. It's funny how the crappy animated movie had to make Kazuya more sympathetic just to have a clear story to tell. Kazuya is so cool fans desperatly try to see him as a misunderstood anti-hero just because they don't want to accept both are evil. It's just Devil! He really did love Jun! He cares about Jin! No, sorry, Kazuya is just mean. Emo Jin is the hero, deal with it.

Nazis. Just for being in half of FPS ever made. Nazis are cool because they're an easy all purpose villain. No setup is required. No backstory, no expirment gone wrong, no inner demons, they're just nazis. Everyone knows who they are and everyone hates them. If you need a villain for an action game just put in nazis. You don't even need a specific nazi commander to be a main focus. Just generic nazis are good enough. I still think Wolfenstein 3D has the best nazis in gaming. It was great how at the end you actually fought Hitler himself. First those weird Hitler decoys in robes that shot fireballs and then in a giant mech. I don't remember hearing about Hitler's robot armor in history, maybe it was the same class where they brought up the giant crabs. I know someone who swears that there was a secret final level where Hitler was a brain in a jar. I keep telling him he is mistaken for that movie "They saved Hitler's brain!" but he won't believe me.

Reggie, Peter Moore and all other PR guys. Not actually in a game but close enough. They are far more annoying than any game villain. I can't believe people actually take what they say seriously. You can tell there was nothing to talk about in the dying days of the Gamecube when Nintendo fans hyped up REGGIE more than actual games. OMG HE KICKS ASS AND TAKES NAMES! It amazes me that people actually go to meet him and get his autograph. Peter Moore can't go 2 seconds without saying something ridiculous. The only thing good about him is his super human strength he must have to lift up the Xbox 360 in the palm of his hand in that picture where he is screaming about something. I don't even want to get into Sony's nonsensical "4D" buzzwords.

Oh and happy birthday to Andrew! Another good gaming villain for me. Almost an nemesis for me here. Always spoiled my FF VII/VIII love fests, likes fighting games yet somehow doesn't play Tekken(I still don't see how that's possible), and won't let me go around claiming whatever I like is the BEST EVER.

Guest JustPassinBy

I havent played in WWII games, but I was wondering if its possible to be Germany/Hitler/Nazis in the game, and try to defeat Europe, exterminate the Jews, and etc...or be Japan and try to win WWII despite the US dropping Nukes?

I'm also wondering if there are any Civil War Video Games that allow you to try to be the South and win?

The only two games I own are NCAA2003 and GTA Vice City, but I'm thinking of getting a 3rd game and some of the graphics, sound used in Medal of Honor look awesome.

You can be a nazi in most of the FPS WW II games but mostly just as a skin in the multiplayer modes. I don't know of any games where you can actually play as a nazi in a story mode where you shove jews into ovens.

Hitler would be a good fighting game character. He could be a boss in a new World Heroes.

Guest JustPassinBy
You can be a nazi in most of the FPS WW II games but mostly just as a skin in the multiplayer modes. I don't know of any games where you can actually play as a nazi in a story mode where you shove jews into ovens.

Hitler would be a good fighting game character. He could be a boss in a new World Heroes.

So you cant play any of the Axis in the story mode revolving around WWII. That sucks. It just seems like it'd be more challenging and more interesting try to win WWII from the other side, or the South in the Civil War Side.

You'd think they'd at least give you the option of choosing which side you want to be.

I havent played in WWII games, but I was wondering if its possible to be Germany/Hitler/Nazis in the game, and try to defeat Europe, exterminate the Jews, and etc...or be Japan and try to win WWII despite the US dropping Nukes?

I can't remember the name of it, but there was a game for the Super Nintendo which had that basic premise. You had to chose either the Japanese or American naval commander with the ultimate objective being to conquer your opponent's country. The funny thing was that it was much easier to beat the game with the Japanese than it was with the Americans.

North vs. South for the original NES.

Guest InuYasha

I do tend to think of Kefka as the ultimate badass when it comes to RPG's. Most villians crow and boast about their plans to take over the world. Kefka actually did it. That puts him above Sephiroth as far as I'm concerned.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Deathevn, aka Evans, from Breath of Fire II. That guy took a massive amount of killing, and still didn't really go down in the end.

Lavos was really intimidating the first time through the game Chrono Trigger, but once you know the secret to taking him down, you can do it in less than 3-5 minutes.

The final boss from FFT was really impressive, but went down too easy.

Malak was pretty impressive, but the main character can become even more evil than him, so that kind of cheapens him a little.

Luther from Star Ocean 3 was a real Nancy-Boy. Most of the bonus dungeon bosses make him look like Little Mary Sunshine.

Guest Princess Leena
Officer Tenpenny

I didn't see him as a villain, at all...

Officer Tenpenny

I didn't see him as a villain, at all...

LOLZ he was the main villian, he manipulated the whole thing right from the get go...okay, it's hard to have a villian when the main character is villianous himself, but yeah...

Guest Princess Leena

I thought Tenpenny was doing his job well. Holdin' the black man down.

Oh and happy birthday to Andrew!

Thanks, Anya. :)

5: Sephiroth: Yeah, you know he was going to be here/ Ridiculously awesome character design, a decent story, the best music EVER.

You had to wreck the list there, hm? :P

He killed a giant snake and Aeris. Big whoop. He's a pale Zio ripoff.

Lavos was really intimidating the first time through the game Chrono Trigger, but once you know the secret to taking him down, you can do it in less than 3-5 minutes.

Lavos isn't really a villain, he's a monster. Queen Zeal is the closest thing to a genuine human villain in CT, being mad with power. Magus turned out to have somewhat honorable intentions, and Dalton is a joke, a comedy relief character that ended up doing more to help you than hurt you.

Mr. X, Streets of Rage.

Badass.

As Anya once pointed out, it was never quite explained why the hell he became a brain in a jar. If nothing else, that would have been perhaps the coolest cutscene of all time--showing how it happened.

As Anya once pointed out, it was never quite explained why the hell he became a brain in a jar. If nothing else, that would have been perhaps the coolest cutscene of all time--showing how it happened.

Yeah, that would have rocked, IIRC.

(yes, I got one of those in) :D

They failed to post and I thought it was my browser, then I tried a final one in Firefox. It was a massive delay. Take a look--they're like 6-8 minutes apart except for the last one.

It's weird how in SoR the game world seems fairly realistic and then suddenly in 2 there's robots and Mr. X magically came back to life. Then in 3 even more futuristic machines and suddenly X is a brain in a jar. Maybe he was always a brain in a jar and the X you fought was a robot like the one you fight halfway into 3? Maybe after he died in 1 that is when he became a brain in a jar. I wonder if Sega even knows or if they just made him a brain in a jar because they thought it looked cool.

Sephiroth has the most asinine boss attack of all time:

This I think we can all agree on.

Some honorable mentions:

Wiegraf from FFT He is just incredibly brutal, in both forms, and a pretty decent character.

I don't think I've found a way to beat him besides just levelling like mad, or (which you can't do if you saved right before him. Oops) Or running around desperately using hi-potions and spamming 'yell' literally about 20-30 times until you can move three times to his every one, then spamming the attack raising Guts. (If you saved right before him, you probably can't do this either, since you probably haven't spent enough time as the lame-ass 'chemist' class to learn Hi-potion.

That bitch-ass Samus clone in Metroid Fusion. Oh how I hated her/it.

SHODAN's pretty badass as well.

what was the stalker thing in Resident Evil 2? You know, when you play through the "B Games", he pops out of nowhere about 6 or 7 different times? Yeah, I hated that fucker.

Do we mean villians or final bosses? If it's just villians then Delita tops the list, the fucker betrays you, uses you like a puppet, betrays an oath on the grave of his dead sister and murders his wife when he is coronated as king. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Death from SC IV is also cool.