TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Bring Back the ECW Folder.

TNA gets its own folder.

ECW has better-selling DVDs, a better timeslot, soon-to-be better attendance, more credible main-event wrestlers, and a much larger fanbase. And their profit will be 1000x more than TNA. Plus, Toy Biz didn't make their action figures.

Thus, the weekend of One Night Stand '06, I would like to see Extreme Championship Wrestling become a folder in the Wrestling section once again.

-Eddie

I see the point, but it hasn't been factually demonstrated that ECW will be produced as a separate entity from WWE (ownership of the company aside). If it's obvious from the get go on TV that ECW is another "brand" of WWE, then there is no point in having a separate ECW folder.

Also, how can you say ECW has better main eventers than TNA when we haven't seen one episode of an ECW TV show?

Maybe do subfolders for the WWE folder? One for Raw, one for SmackDown, one for ECW, with a separate one for Raw/SD PPVs.

I think it should be sub-foldererd as well.

IIRC, ECW is slated for a 13 week guaranteed run and if it takes off, it'll get a permanent slot or something. No need to make a folder for something that may fizzle out in 3-4 months.

I think we should wait a bit, just until we know ECW will be a permanent thing.

God, I hate all the WWE subfolders some other sites have. I believe it restricts discussion and makes it a pain in general to navigate. Just make one for ECW and be done with it.

Guest Felonies!

Subfolder is a useless designation. Right now we have MMA, Trading, and Food as subfolders, with like sixteen regular folders. So what's the point of doing that, really? Just put them all on equal footing, since the only difference is that they don't show up on the main page. Just make them all folders in their own right: Food stays in the Other category, MMA with wrestling, ECW with wrestling, and I don't give a shit what happens to Trading.

Maybe they should...you know...run a show before this becomes an issue.

If a folder was created today...there would be...what...one thread:

So...ECW is coming back?

That thread exists in the WWE folder and is doing just fine.

People may care more about the fake ECW than TNA...

But TNA (and the folder) are nearing 4 years of existence.

ECW hasn't been a factor in over 5.

Subfolder is a useless designation. Right now we have MMA, Trading, and Food as subfolders, with like sixteen regular folders. So what's the point of doing that, really? Just put them all on equal footing, since the only difference is that they don't show up on the main page. Just make them all folders in their own right: Food stays in the Other category, MMA with wrestling, ECW with wrestling, and I don't give a shit what happens to Trading.

MMA goes in SPORTS because it's an actual sport. The farther away that folder is from the WWE kidz, the better.

Guest Felonies!

It's marketed as an alternative to wrestling, isn't it? Besides, on a superficial basis, it's also just guys beating each other up. Stick it under General Wrestling (the one that doesn't suck) as a full-fledged folder. Makes sense to me, but whatever, who didn't see the MMA guys flying off the handle at the mere thought of its folder being near a wrestling folder?

TNA gets its own folder.

ECW has better-selling DVDs, a better timeslot, soon-to-be better attendance, more credible main-event wrestlers, and a much larger fanbase. And their profit will be 1000x more than TNA. Plus, Toy Biz didn't make their action figures.

Thus, the weekend of One Night Stand '06, I would like to see Extreme Championship Wrestling become a folder in the Wrestling section once again.

-Eddie

You have way too much time on your hands.

It's marketed as an alternative to wrestling, isn't it? Besides, on a superficial basis, it's also just guys beating each other up. Stick it under General Wrestling (the one that doesn't suck) as a full-fledged folder. Makes sense to me, but whatever, who didn't see the MMA guys flying off the handle at the mere thought of its folder being near a wrestling folder?

I'm gonna be egotistical and assume that's a reference to me going off the last time this was bought up, but I'm still not seeing it. Granted, if subfolders were abolished, a folder under Wrestling is better than not (along with a header change to Fighting and including Boxing just to be fair), but for the time being there's more of a case to be made for its inclusion in sports than not.

No need to make a folder for something that may fizzle out in 3-4 months.

We did the same thing for TNA, did we not? It was given a folder right off the bat when they were completely unproven. They had their weekly PPVs which about twelve people watched, which was better than any indy at the time, but for all anyone knew it wouldn't last two months and it nearly didn't. ECW has an actual TV deal in place, which is more than can be said for TNA when it first started. The only real issue at hand is its current designation as a WWE brand, which I think is nitpicking a bit, so if it can establish its own separate identity within the first few shows that is clearly not SD and Raw, then why not. Either way, creating a folder once ONS hits is way too soon.

Good God, if a folder is created and ECW doesn't workout, YOU CAN JUST DELETE THE FOLDER. It isn't like admin is creating a new planet.

Good God, if a folder is created and ECW doesn't workout, YOU CAN JUST DELETE THE FOLDER. It isn't like admin is creating a new planet.

Whoa, common sense.

I don't remember TNA being given a folder right away. I'm pretty sure bps had to lobby to get one.

I just looked and apparently it got a folder roughly a month after its inception. Okay. Let's make UTSH wait.

Whoa, common sense.

Yeah, that kind of caught me off guard.

I started lobbying after week 2.

It was created after week 4.

What helped was that TNA threads were filling up the indies folder and it made less clutter to split it off.

I'm sure the same thing will happen with ECW...and as such a folder should be created.

However...until the brand begins on SciFi...the folder would be pretty empty.

what a stupid channel to put it on.

Before its final days on Spike they aired ECW on the Spanish channel up in Mass. It aired in English which made it all the more funny.

Whoa, common sense.

Yeah, that kind of caught me off guard.

Well people were acting like it was such a big deal if one was created.