TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

State Your Unpopular Opinions

- Shawn Michaels.....just personal preference, I think he's become a joke in the ring and a joke of a character. He was NEVER that good of a solo face in the first place, always better as a sneaky, cheating heel...a 40 year old, balding, 175 lb wet man with a Jesus freak character who has a 'sexy boy' song and dances around like a homo....yeah, that's really gay. Those punches don't look like they could hurt my grandmother. Hey, I wonder if he'll do the flying burrito and nip up!?!! I'd play a drinking game where I predict every single thing he does in the ring 3 seconds before he does it, but my liver couldn't handle it. Maybe if he'd break out his absurd SummerSlam bumping more often I'd give him more leeway. Or just turn heel. Please. You're beyond stale.

Agreed 110%. His matches are pedestrian and interchangeable, his offense looks harmless and business exposing and he can't sell without looking totally ridiculous(before he kips up and destroys any psychology the match may of had). Not to mention he looks like shit. He's 185 soaking wet, looks 45 and moves slowly for a guy his size. He only draws nostalgia heat, not "we'll pay to see him" heat. He's basically a more mobile Flair.

Like this board needs another John Cena tirade, but anyway . . .

Anyone else absolutely HATE his "Hustle, Loyalty, respect" T-shirt? It makes NO sense whatsoever, and are just 3 buzzwords from the rap/hip-hop community strung together to get over the fact what his character is supposed to be.

Yeah, and that Marine salute (if you could even call it that) is the most rediculous thing I have seen him do in a long time. It just goes to show how much of a company man he really is. I mean, if Vince and Johnny Ace told him to go out there to the ring with a tutu on, showing his sensitive side, he would go oout there, no knees and all, get in that ring, use his Will Smith voice and act like he's over.

Guest Hemme

A few from me-

RVD.

RVD as ANY form of World Champion is an F'N Joke, the guy is staler than a month old hovis, he's boring & it makes me laugh that the ECW "fans" were chanting "You can't wrestle" at Cena when he was in the ring with RVD.

ECW.

I can't believe people wanted this bullshit, it's not ECW & it never will be, ECW CANNOT operate under the WWE, they can't expect to put ECW in front of a WWE audience, yeah Sandman spitting beer over kids is going to make it a success isnt it?

Cena.

He doesent deserve the reactions he gets.

CM Punk.

Overated. Nuff said.

These were unpopular opinions?

"Chyna should have never gotten a Playboy photo shoot"

That's unpopular?

Considering the wrestling community as a whole, yes that is unpopular.

If it wasn't for JBL, Cena would be the worst WWE champion of all time. He's such a corny fucking poser. The only people who are into him at all are either:

a) Children below the age of 14.

b) Females below the age of 24.

c) The dumbest fucking hillbilly marks you've ever seen in your life. The type of person who might believe wrestling is real.

Edit: I know he's not the champion right now, but he had the belt for over a year, and the odds are that he's winning it back tomorrow night.

Omar, I agreed with the majority of what you said. That is, until you dropped the ball by saying:

The McMahon-Helmsley era was some of the worst television ever until the Katie Vick airing

You're right, it wasn't great. But Katie Vick bailed it out? MY markdom aside, that manages to trump the drop-jawed reaction I got from your saying Bret's anti-American gimmick was the worst ever. So Ludvig Borga was a better heel than Bret? Nikolai Volkoff? General Adnan?

By the way, Stephanie at her peak (during the McMahon-Helmsley era) was way hotter than any other woman in the history of the WWE. Melina at her peak (which I assume is now) could easily be confused for a man.

By the way, Stephanie at her peak (during the McMahon-Helmsley era) was way hotter than any other woman in the history of the WWE. Melina at her peak (which I assume is now) could easily be confused for a man.

I agree with the Melina thing. Steph never looked better, for my money, then when Test asked her out, but she was indeed smoking hot during the Helmsley era as well.

If it wasn't for JBL, Cena would be the worst WWE champion of all time

By the way, Stephanie at her peak (during the McMahon-Helmsley era) was way hotter than any other woman in the history of the WWE.

Iggy's 0 for 2.

Omar, I agreed with the majority of what you said. That is, until you dropped the ball by saying:

The McMahon-Helmsley era was some of the worst television ever until the Katie Vick airing

You're right, it wasn't great. But Katie Vick bailed it out? MY markdom aside, that manages to trump the drop-jawed reaction I got from your saying Bret's anti-American gimmick was the worst ever. So Ludvig Borga was a better heel than Bret? Nikolai Volkoff? General Adnan?

FWIW, I *think* he meant to say UP UNTIL Katie Vick, it was the worst, then Katie Vick became the worst.

I Hope :huh:

FWIW, I *think* he meant to say UP UNTIL Katie Vick, it was the worst, then Katie Vick became the worst.

I Hope :huh:

Yes, sorry I wrote that really early in the morning

Guest J0bber

-Dusty Rhodes may be one of the most overhyped wrestlers of all time. In his day he lacked a body and variety of moves, although I will say he could get it done on the mic. He shouldn't have been anywhere near the main event and should have stayed in the upper mid-card for his career.

-I agree with the people who are saying that Stephanie McMahon was hot during the SMH era. As a matter of fact, I would say she is still hot even though pregnant, but she is not as beautiful as she once was.

-During his initial face run, Virgil could have gone further than he did. I always enjoyed the DiBease/Virgil series of matches, and after that, they kind of gave up on Virgil and jobbed him out. Virgil was VERY over at this time, IIRC. I would have loved to see what Virgil could have done against another higher midcard guy like The Mountie. Heck, maybe even put the IC strap on Virgil.

-Dusty Rhodes may be one of the most overhyped wrestlers of all time. In his day he lacked a body and variety of moves, although I will say he could get it done on the mic. He shouldn't have been anywhere near the main event and should have stayed in the upper mid-card for his career.

Have you been paying attention to trends in wrestling? It is rarely the best wrestlers on top, but rather the mst charismatic. Dusty knew he wasn't the best wrestler, but he has a good sense of timing and knew when to hit the elbow to make the crowd go nuts

-During his initial face run, Virgil could have gone further than he did. I always enjoyed the DiBease/Virgil series of matches, and after that, they kind of gave up on Virgil and jobbed him out. Virgil was VERY over at this time, IIRC. I would have loved to see what Virgil could have done against another higher midcard guy like The Mountie. Heck, maybe even put the IC strap on Virgil.

Agreed. Virgil Vs. DiBasie Summerslam 91 was one of my personal favorite matches. Virgil's reaction in that match was amazing.

Here is some of more of my un-popular opinions...

- Brock Lesnar is the most overrated wrestler of the modern era, and anyone thinking he was better then Angle is foolish.

- Angle is the best wrestler so far this decade.

- Owen Hart was more main event material then Bret Hart

- Bam Bam Bigalow is one of the greatest wrestlers to never hold a World Title.

- The Outsiders are the most overrated tag team of all time.

- WWF 96-97 was more entertaining then WCW 96-97.

Let it be known that if Brock Lesnar had continued with pro wrestling he'd be light-years beyond Angle at this point.

Um, he DID continue with Pro Wrestling.

In fact, he's been champion in New Japan since October.

5.jpg

See!

Agreed. Virgil Vs. DiBasie Summerslam 91 was one of my personal favorite matches. Virgil's reaction in that match was amazing.

- Brock Lesnar is the most overrated wrestler of the modern era, and anyone thinking he was better then Angle is foolish.

actually, I agree with everything you said there

I'll add one-

John Cena isn't that bad. Everyone seeme to like him in 03 and now that hes face everyone hates him. I mean whats the difference? His raps changed? whats does that have to do with anything? This reminds me of Rock after he turned face in 99. Rock was never the best in-ring worker but he had charisma coming out of his ears and any other orifice you want to say. (lmao) He connected to the people. Cena seemed to be very over when he was on sd (but it is taped so you never know) but they just put him on RAW and tried to turn him into Austin. I think SD and RAW do have large amounts of brand-specific fans due to either tv channel availability or date aired (SD is on friday, not a school night) so a lot of RAW fans did not liek this SD guy coming in.

Truth is Cena is a company man and despite not being great in the ring, tries as hard as anybody to get his match over. And he draws a stong reaction whether positive or negative and sells merchandise to the kids, thats why he is pushed to the top.

Whenever he turns heel, all of the haters will change their minds I'd bet on that.

And yes RVD is HIGHLY overated. Look at his ECW work, the matches were just big spot-fest with RVD posing and stalling in between spots. (look at his hardcore heaven 99 match with Lynn for a great example-and boy is that match overated)

Chyna was pretty during her peak in WWE; I'd say that's pretty unpopular, since me and Papacita seem to be the only people who think so.

Along those lines:

Chyna/HHH >>>> Steph/HHH,

and

Chyna's IC title reign wasn't that bad.

If it wasn't for JBL, Cena would be the worst WWE champion of all time. He's such a corny fucking poser. The only people who are into him at all are either:

a) Children below the age of 14.

b) Females below the age of 24.

c) The dumbest fucking hillbilly marks you've ever seen in your life. The type of person who might believe wrestling is real.

Edit: I know he's not the champion right now, but he had the belt for over a year, and the odds are that he's winning it back tomorrow night.

Iggy you forgot d) Gay.

actually, I agree with everything you said there

I'll add one-

John Cena isn't that bad. Everyone seeme to like him in 03 and now that hes face everyone hates him. I mean whats the difference? His raps changed? whats does that have to do with anything? This reminds me of Rock after he turned face in 99. Rock was never the best in-ring worker but he had charisma coming out of his ears and any other orifice you want to say. (lmao) He connected to the people. Cena seemed to be very over when he was on sd (but it is taped so you never know) but they just put him on RAW and tried to turn him into Austin. I think SD and RAW do have large amounts of brand-specific fans due to either tv channel availability or date aired (SD is on friday, not a school night) so a lot of RAW fans did not liek this SD guy coming in.

Truth is Cena is a company man and despite not being great in the ring, tries as hard as anybody to get his match over. And he draws a stong reaction whether positive or negative and sells merchandise to the kids, thats why he is pushed to the top.

Whenever he turns heel, all of the haters will change their minds I'd bet on that.

And yes RVD is HIGHLY overated. Look at his ECW work, the matches were just big spot-fest with RVD posing and stalling in between spots. (look at his hardcore heaven 99 match with Lynn for a great example-and boy is that match overated)

You are INSANE!!!! Comparing The Rock's wrestling ability to Cena's is like comparing the mat wrestling of a Kurt Angle,Nick Bonkwinkle to the likes of Earthquake, and Kamala. The Rock had mad wrestling skills. Thee WWE style watered him down and cut his moveset. The Rock could flat out wrestle (1- hour HHH iron man match) Cena is a joke.

Cena = to the Rock in-ring worker

is like saying

Moolah = to Cindy crawford in looks

I thought Chyna looked OK after she had that surgery done. Not my type, but I don't think you can seriously say she was ugly after all the work she had done. Then again, bodybuilders aren't everyone's type.

I agree about the Virgil thing. I don't remember many of his matches, but he always seemed like a solid worker, and could work a rather fast paced style, which was somewhat rare in WWF at the time. I wouldn't have minded seeing him have a 6 month or so reign as IC Champion. They could have easily done an "underdog holding onto the title" thing with him. Have him beat a few monster midcard heels before losing to Shawn Michaels or someone like that.

Here's my unpopular opinion: I enjoyed the Brawl for All tournament. It was incredibly unique, and if it had worked out better, could have become an annual thing. It also basically made Bart Gunn's career (in Japan). I wouldn't have kept using established wrestlers...I would've had OVW and indy type guys fight in it for a chance to win a WWF contract. It would've been better than any Tough Enough after the first season.

Also: Steve Williams deserved a better WWF run than he got.

Guest J0bber

I agree with the person who compared The Rock's ability to Cena's. They are both very similar in that they can keep a crowd entertained despite having limited wrestling ability. I was at Wrestlemania 22, and the crowd reaction for Cena, good and bad, was one of the loudest and most unbelievable reactions I have ever heard for a single worker. If there is one man to turn the company around, it will be Cena since he gets the public talking and into the match despite having little technical ability.

More unpopular opinions:

-Batista is the most overrated wrestler of all time. He didn't deserve the push he got in early 2005. His promos are just a step above boring, and his mat skills are even worse than Cena's. Not to mention, he botches so many damn moves it isn't even funny.

-Ron Simmons never deserved the WCW title. His reign is one of the most forgotten about title reigns in wrestling history. I believe Bill Watts put the title on the guy in an effort to make up for his racist comments toward Africans he made in an earlier interview.

-Batista is the most overrated wrestler of all time. He didn't deserve the push he got in early 2005. His promos are just a step above boring, and his mat skills are even worse than Cena's. Not to mention, he botches so many damn moves it isn't even funny.

Despite all of that he is the most over face in the WWE, and that alone makes him deverse a push.

I believe Bill Watts put the title on the guy in an effort to make up for his racist comments toward Africans he made in an earlier interview.

Ron Simmons got the belt because Watts thought he could make money with him.