TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

State Your Unpopular Opinions

Guest J0bber

-Batista is the most overrated wrestler of all time. He didn't deserve the push he got in early 2005. His promos are just a step above boring, and his mat skills are even worse than Cena's. Not to mention, he botches so many damn moves it isn't even funny.

Despite all of that he is the most over face in the WWE, and that alone makes him deverse a push.

Judging by the recent shows I've been to including Wrestlemania 22 where Batista made an apperance, Batista isn't even the most over guy on the Smackdown brand. Undertaker is more over than him, at least in Chicago.

I believe Bill Watts put the title on the guy in an effort to make up for his racist comments toward Africans he made in an earlier interview.

Ron Simmons got the belt because Watts thought he could make money with him.

Don't let the truth get in the way of this historical inaccuracy.

Can we close this thread? It's just pages and pages of morons sprouting ridiculously false statements and completely failing to support the "beliefs" that are so mind bogglingly wrong just for the sake of sprouting shit.

Only a handful in here have said anything that was remotely correct.

Undertaker is a pop act. He gets a pop for the entrance but the crowd usually sits on its ass for the actual match until the finishing sequence.

Meanwhile, Batista maintains a steady flow of overness building to the climatic pop.

Can we close this thread? It's just pages and pages of morons sprouting ridiculously false statements and completely failing to support the "beliefs" that are so mind bogglingly wrong just for the sake of sprouting shit.

This thread would be a whole lot better if more people tried, even half-heatedly, to back up what they're saying. Most people are saying stuff just to be contrary, and I doubt they mean half of it.

-Batista is the most overrated wrestler of all time. He didn't deserve the push he got in early 2005. His promos are just a step above boring, and his mat skills are even worse than Cena's. Not to mention, he botches so many damn moves it isn't even funny.

Despite all of that he is the most over face in the WWE, and that alone makes him deverse a push.

Judging by the recent shows I've been to including Wrestlemania 22 where Batista made an apperance, Batista isn't even the most over guy on the Smackdown brand. Undertaker is more over than him, at least in Chicago.

Considering Batista wasn't even wrestling on the show, that is a dumb argument.

I meant anything I said, I know that. Seriously, Jeff's the better Hardy. Not like he could have been a main eventer or anything, but dude was enough of a sympathetic rag doll in his matches to be a midcard fixture. Matt's never been interesting to me and is too big to have the same kind of ringwork.

I certainly meant what I said about DDP...

Oh yeah, Armando Alejandro Estrada isn't really that great. MY NAME IS ARMANDO... ALEJANDRO... ESTRRRRRRRADA!! (wait for it... wait for it...)

KENNEDY!

Same shit, different show. What crap.

Alright I'll try to make this thread get on track...

- Bam Bam Bigalow is one of the most underrated wrestler possibly of all time, and is one of the best wrestlers to never hold a WWE title. Apart from Vader, I've never seen a fat man as athletic as him. His moveset was awesome, and he had a great run in ECW. I don't know, but it seemed like Paul Heyman was the only booker who knew how to use him right. His matches with Big Bossman were pretty good also. Too bad he will be remembered most for the guy who jobbed to Lawerence Taylor in the ME of WM11.

- If the WWF continued to have Doink The Clown play the evil clown role, he could've easily been an upper-midcarder/IC Title level wrestler. Back in 1993, Doink The Clown literally scared the shit out of people. His fued with Crush was very memorable and fun. He was so over as a heel. His match with Bret Hart at Summerslam 93 was awesome. Too bad they turned him face too soon and ruined his character.

Umaga sucks.

JBL repeats his lame commentary for every match and is very corny.

"ECW" sucks. It's new fans and anyone who WAS a fan that still watches are all tools.

Chris Benoit needs to retire.

Booker T needs to retire.

William Regal & Finlay need to retire.

Bobby Lashley needs to stop doing the spear.

Randy Orton is a horrible worker and terrible interview.

Triple H is a great worker.

John Cena, despite still being very corny, has become a red-hot worker during March-June 2006.

Rob Van Dam's "big title win" was one of the worst botches I've ever seen.

Umaga sucks.

"ECW" sucks. It's new fans and anyone who WAS a fan that still watches are all tools.

John Cena, despite still being very corny, has become a red-hot worker during March-June 2006.

Posts like this is excatly what Hawk 34 is talking about. Just close this thread.

If it wasn't for JBL, Cena would be the worst WWE champion of all time

By the way, Stephanie at her peak (during the McMahon-Helmsley era) was way hotter than any other woman in the history of the WWE.

Iggy's 0 for 2.

No he isn't. At least, he's right that JBL being such a great foil for Cena to play off of helped propel him into the main event scene. I really don't think that anybody else could have been better in that situation. The angle was simple but effective (JBL's snooty "I'm-better-than-everyone "Wrestling God" vs. Cena's "Regular joe") and JBL's promos just had the fans itching for Cena to whip his ass when they finally got into the ring.

And Steph at WM 2000 > Steph at any other time.

No one in their right mind thought Cena/JBL was going to be a ***** classic. Besides, they kind of booked themselves into a corner at WM. The "I Quit" match at Judgement Day (?) was the true blowoff to the feud so it might have been better for JBL to get a cheap win at WM (since Batista's win was the "Babyface stands tall at the end" moment) and then have Cena win the title in the "I Quit" match (which I would have made a Last Man Standing match instead, but that's me).

Umaga sucks.

WOW, just so much b.s. its not worthwhile to comment at all

Why is my post BS?

Umaga has done nothing but work squashes and do the same three moves. Anyone that likes his Samoa Joe-Lite act just...c'mon.

JBL *does* repeat himself. I thought so, and then even Meltzer commented on it. Wow, 2 for 2 there.

ECW does suck. It's ridiculous gimmicks, WWE-esque look, and fan backlash at "their" own home arena showed this.

Chris Benoit needs to retire. Because he's done everything he needed to do. Hell, he even took time off because I think he's bored and doesn't want to risk injury now that his journey is through.

Booker T needs to retire. Lots of people agree with this. He's funny, sure, but a shell of himself, and has never had a great WWE match. I think we'll see it by mid-2007, once the Smackdown! (if the show is around) show gets healthy.

William Regal & Finlay need to retire. They have a unique style and can still go, but they're old and not quite the look a WWE needs if they're going to get popular again.

Bobby Lashley needs to stop doing the spear. Edge does it, for one. And secondly, all the "Goldberg" comparisons (somewhat unfair, IMO) will continue when he blatantly uses a finisher already established by 2 top guys in their respective companies.

Randy Orton is a horrible worker and terrible interview. Look for evidence of this elsewhere in this folder.

Triple H is a great worker. Worked great bouts with Cena, a good Rumble effort, a shockingly awesome 3-way with Cena and Edge, and has been the best part of the DX reunion thus far.

John Cena, despite still being very corny, has become a red-hot worker during March-June 2006. See: his adaptation to the fans in ONS, his Raw match with RVD, Backlash 3-way, WM main event. He rises to the occassion in 06. Actually WATCH the matches.

Rob Van Dam's "big title win" was one of the worst botches I've ever seen. Come on, no one, from the Hammerstein fans, to the Raw smarks, thought the win would stand, thus they kinda went "meh". It shoulda been a big thing, in retrospect.

So tell me, how my opinions are wrong? Maybe you can post more than a sentence, geniuses.

Actually, I wasn't talking about JBL being a great foil for Cena. I was just saying that he was the only champion in WWE history that had as long and disappointing of a reign as Cena did. I know Diesel was close, but I think in that day and age, it was more accepted for title reigns to drag on and on and on.

Guest The Beta Male

Booker T is tedious and uninteresting in the ring and on the stick.

ECW(WE) is bollocks.

The DX reunion is a bad idea.

TNA is potentially heading for a WCW fate.

Ric Flair should retire

The Diva search would be worth the investment if they used the winners properly.

midgets aren`t funny.

the most critical people on these types of boards rarely know what they`re talking about (in terms of the actual matches i mean, everyone is of course welcome to bash the storylines and lack of continuity :D)

If it wasn't for JBL, Cena would be the worst WWE champion of all time

By the way, Stephanie at her peak (during the McMahon-Helmsley era) was way hotter than any other woman in the history of the WWE.

Iggy's 0 for 2.

No he isn't. At least, he's right that JBL being such a great foil for Cena to play off of helped propel him into the main event scene. I really don't think that anybody else could have been better in that situation. The angle was simple but effective (JBL's snooty "I'm-better-than-everyone "Wrestling God" vs. Cena's "Regular joe") and JBL's promos just had the fans itching for Cena to whip his ass when they finally got into the ring.

And Steph at WM 2000 > Steph at any other time.

Actually, I wasn't talking about JBL being a great foil for Cena. I was just saying that he was the only champion in WWE history that had as long and disappointing of a reign as Cena did. I know Diesel was close, but I think in that day and age, it was more accepted for title reigns to drag on and on and on.

See? I was right.

I believe Bill Watts put the title on the guy in an effort to make up for his racist comments toward Africans he made in an earlier interview.

Ron Simmons got the belt because Watts thought he could make money with him.

Don't let the truth get in the way of this historical inaccuracy.

Only a handful in here have said anything that was remotely correct.

It's statements like this that give smart fans a bad name. Seriously, the thread title is "state your unpopular opinions. Say it with me. "State"- not talk about and back up your opinions - state. Opinions are not right or wrong. Unpopular doesn't mean wrong. Get off your high horse.

It's statements like this that give smart fans a bad name. Seriously, the thread title is "state your unpopular opinions. Say it with me. "State"- not talk about and back up your opinions - state. Opinions are not right or wrong. Unpopular doesn't mean wrong. Get off your high horse.

But at the same time saying some random thing and just moving on doesn't invite dicussion. Giving some reason why you feel a certain way helps advance a conversation

The fault, then, is in the starter of the thread and the misleading title. Or, perhaps, that was the intention, and the fault lies in those that insist it should be otherwise. I'm sure this has been mentioned already.

Nevertheless, I will try to play along. Now where did I put my original post? Oh right, here it is…

• I don't get the love for Maria. She's not pretty, her body's not hot, and her "acting dumb" schtick makes me change the channel. She brings out the violent misogynist in me. (I think I explained my position quite succinctly. I don't find her attractive or entertaining. 'Nuff said.)

• Melina's face and monstrously fake boobs scare little children. And her legs are chunky. I remember when she first started, she could leap onto the apron into a full split, instead of lifting one leg first like she does now. (I know some of you feel you have to defend the "fat girls", but that's how I feel. Capital "O"-pinion.)

• I will never stop being bored with HHH and HBK, which makes me all the more annoyed with the regurgitation of DX. (And judging from their pathetic performance last night, I think I'm justified.)

• VKM makes me hate wrestling, both on-air and behind the scenes. And the more I see Shane McMahon and his stupid hamster dance, the more I want to throw him into the path of an oncoming train. (See above.)

• I don't know if it's because I like being a contrarian, but the growing swell of hatred toward John Cena makes me like him more and more. I kinda feel sorry for him in a way. I still don't think Edge should have jobbed the title back to him, but I hope Cena holds onto the title for a long time. (Oops.)

• I will never like the Sandman or New Jack. Useless garbage twats. (If you need a popular song to stay over, you're not worth keeping on the roster.)

• Kevin Nash is not funny or entertaining. He should be shot like the lame horse that he is. (If you find his insider jokes, smarmy attitude, and lack of wrestling abiliity amusing, then more power to you. I, however, do not.

• Ken Kennedy is a one-trick pony. I hope he never comes back. (Damn. Well, I still don't find him all that impressive as a wrestler. Not enough to get such mad-love from the IWC.)

• I will always hold out hope that Brock Lesnar will come back to North American wrestling. (If you don't like him, that's okay. I do. I miss the big lug.)

• AJ Styles does not impress me. All those contrived moves are what is wrong with wrestling. Add Chris Sabin to that list. And I will never like the Canadian Destroyer. What a dumb move. (A lot of his moves, while physically impressive, tend to take me out of the suspension of disbelief necessary to watch wrestling. One spot in particular: the springboard inverted DDT. Most of the time he lands so awkwardly that everyone has to stop for three seconds before he can finish the move. And I'm not particularly fond of his superhero flying forearms. Very cartoonish. I will change my stance on Sabin a little, as he's growing on me with every Impact episode (although, it's probably by default, since the rest of the show is usually crap.)

• Hogan and Piper need to stay off my TV forever. And I wouldn't mind if UT joined them. (Not entertained by them at all. And no, I didn't see UT v. Angle at the last PPV. Old is old. Flair is definitely on his way there as well.)

• Sunny wasn't that hot. And I think it's apropos that she ended up an ugly chubby crack whore. Too bad Chris Candido died instead of her. My opinion. Not necessarily anyone else's, harsh as it may be.)

• Chavo will never get over. (I have yet to see him get a sustainable crowd reaction that didn't involve his Uncle Eddy. Until that day happens, I stand by my assertion.)

The fault, then, is in the starter of the thread and the misleading title. Or, perhaps, that was the intention, and the fault lies in those that insist it should be otherwise. I'm sure this has been mentioned already.
And it never ceases to amuse me how many posters on this board always assume that it has to be the former rather than the latter.

I'm not certain, but I think that Chavo was able to get himself over in WCW... I agree with you about everything else, except for Melina's tits; you'll never get me to say anything bad about big tits, fake or otherwise.

Guest J0bber
• I will never like the Sandman or New Jack. Useless garbage twats. (If you need a popular song to stay over, you're not worth keeping on the roster.)

One of the smartest statements ever.

Oh yeah, Armando Alejandro Estrada isn't really that great. MY NAME IS ARMANDO... ALEJANDRO... ESTRRRRRRRADA!! (wait for it... wait for it...)

KENNEDY!

Same shit, different show. What crap.

I actually like Armando while I dislike Kennedy... and here's the big reason for it, AAE is an over the top manager... Kennedy is being pushed as one of the next big WWE stars.