TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

State Your Unpopular Opinions

Kennedy is horribly overrated. And his entrance music WAS awesome, until they put his "mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr kennedy... kennedy" shtick IN IT... andf then he gets in the ring, and does it AGAIN. Terrible.

Estrada is entertaining, but Umaga is a raging piece of shit. Estrada would be better with any number of other workers, and I agree on Carlito.

Muhammad Hassan was one of the greatest characters I have ever seen pre "masked terrorists" he had depth,realistic and got massive heat cheap heat or not

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Hassan was a good character up until he debuted, upon which he became a stereotypical foreign heel.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Why didn't they just put Hassan back on Raw after UPN's ban on him?

Guest wildpegasus
Kennedy is horribly overrated. And his entrance music WAS awesome, until they put his "mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr kennedy... kennedy" shtick IN IT... andf then he gets in the ring, and does it AGAIN. Terrible.

Estrada is entertaining, but Umaga is a raging piece of shit. Estrada would be better with any number of other workers, and I agree on Carlito.

Who's Estrada?

Guest The Beta Male

He didn't get along with anybody backstage

he left to pursue television.

Guest Hemme
Muhammad Hassan was one of the greatest characters I have ever seen pre "masked terrorists" he had depth,realistic and got massive heat cheap heat or not

Hassan was absoultly bloody awesome! Yeah the heat was cheap, but the character was intresting, he was "the victim" which is cool & it's a shame about the whole Masked Terrorists & 7/7 stuff, just bad timing.

The London suicide bombings were some bad shit, but it was nothing to do with Hassan was it?

Davari has been shit since too.

Who's Estrada?

er...

200px-ArmandoAlejandroEstrada.jpg

What was funny about Hassan was that the wrestler wasn't even Arab-American. He was Italian. But I know couple of Italian's like the guy who play Hassan who have very dark skin color.

Taz is also a dark italian.

USA wanted no part of the bad publicity.

Raw was still on Spike TV when all this was going on.

He wasn't brought back because he wasn't popular backstage and got an attitude. Spike TV had nothing to do with that.

I actually liked an idea of Hassan actually debuting as a sympathetic babyface. That's what the first few promos were leading to. I'm not so sure about this, but I think RRR had a great idea of pulling that one off.

Raw was still on Spike TV when all this was going on.

He wasn't brought back because he wasn't popular backstage and got an attitude. Spike TV had nothing to do with that.

Spike TV, then. The reason remains the same. Spike didn't want the bad press associated with the gimmick. Hassan was going to headline Summerslam against Batista, and that was when Hassan had the same bad attitude. Everything got changed after the bad press in the aftermath of the mock beheading angle.

I agree about Kennedy being overrated. There are people who are seriously considering him to be the next Rock just because the guy says his name before he wrestles, as if that somehow conveys awesome, main-event level charisma. I'm sorry, but no. He's not terrible, on the mic or in the ring, but he's really not all that special.

I guess Copani (or whatever his name is) doesn't want to come back and maybe he made no friends in the company, so they wouldn't want him back anyway, but that shit went down a year ago, and a year is fucking forever as far as minor scandals like that go. They could debut him all over again tomorrow, with the same gimmick, and there wouldn't be much of a problem.

Here's one, Benoit hasn't been as good latley.

I undrrstand Edy, his (possible) drug poblems, being on he road as long a he has, injuries, having no creative direction...

But no matter waht, Benoit was always on, I've just noticed he's slacking a little latle.

Before his "Sabbatical", of course

Hasn't Benoit been working with an injury (or several) for a while? That could also explain why he's slowed down

I don't remember ever hearing about Hassan not getting along with others. What I remember was Hassan getting heat because he refused to do something on TV.

Then WWE management spun it around after he was taken off TV and blamed him for the angle not working. Claiming the character would have worked with the right talent.

Anyway, the Hassan character was really good at first. He came out in a suit and tie, saying he was American and was tired of the racism. It was hard for me to look at him like a heel.

I don't remember ever hearing about Hassan not getting along with others. What I remember was Hassan getting heat because he refused to do something on TV.

Then WWE management spun it around after he was taken off TV and blamed him for the angle not working. Claiming the character would have worked with the right talent.

Anyway, the Hassan character was really good at first. He came out in a suit and tie, saying he was American and was tired of the racism. It was hard for me to look at him like a heel.

He got mad at Eddie Guerrero for busting out a Camel Clutch, saying it was "his move." Of course, he didn't realize Eddie's father invented the move. When management got wind of this, they said "Eddie's a legend in this business. He does what he wants."

I think I read that in the Eddie thread

Hasn't Benoit been working with an injury (or several) for a while? That could also explain why he's slowed down

I dunno, I've been out of town for a minute (No UPN or intrenet) andI'm just now gettin' caught up.

Was Hassan using the Camel Clutch as a finisher? If so, then Eddie probably shouldn't have been using the hold, father or not.

However, if Hassan was an ass about it then he deserved to catch heat.

yeah, hassan used the camel cluth s a finisher.

Fuck hassan, dude bored the fuck out of me.

And his biggest angle involved torrie fucking wilson.

This might be an unpopular opinion among smarks, but I'd totally be down with bringing both Hassan and Kenzo back.

I liked the Hassan gimmick and thought Copani did a good job in that role. He wasn't Benoit in the ring, but I think he was better than people give him credit for. Smarks give Carlito and Ken Kennedy wet, sloppy blowjobs all the time, and IMO Hassan was certainly no worse than either of them in the ring.

Kenzo got the knock of being a terrible wrestler, and true, he wasn't too hot in singles, but I thought his tag team with Dupree was perfectly acceptable. Having him work the horribly anemic tag ranks of RAW or Smackdown would be fine by me.

Guest The Beta Male
This might be an unpopular opinion among smarks, but I'd totally be down with bringing both Hassan and Kenzo back.

fair enough!

i mean, you`re wrong, but fair enough :P

hassan: needed more develomental time, had good mic work (even if it was just cheap heat), suffered from horribly overdone gimmick.

Kenzo: had a debut, no-one cared. Then, in the face of mass public indifference, had some more more matches....no-one cared. had a tag team with dupree, no-one cared. got released....

.. no-one noticed.

Hassan would have been good to bring back (even now after all the shit has died down). Yeah he was cheap heat, but he played it superbly.

I liked the Hassan gimmick and thought Copani did a good job in that role. He wasn't Benoit in the ring, but I think he was better than people give him credit for. Smarks give Carlito and Ken Kennedy wet, sloppy blowjobs all the time, and IMO Hassan was certainly no worse than either of them in the ring.

Kenzo got the knock of being a terrible wrestler, and true, he wasn't too hot in singles, but I thought his tag team with Dupree was perfectly acceptable. Having him work the horribly anemic tag ranks of RAW or Smackdown would be fine by me.

Carlito and Kennedy can do a lot more in the ring than Hassan could, and they also can do the things he had going for him just as well, or even better. Of course who knows how well Copani would have developed by now. I thought he had some decent skills on the stick, and he had some of the best in-ring charisma of anyone else coming out of OVW around that time.