TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

Guest hasbeen
Yeah, this show didn't tell us anything about what the new WWE project is about... cept...

The Wrestlers will use Generic WWE Music.

It will be at least 90% WWE guys.

They will wrestle the WWE style with WWE pacing.

There will be much less blood and hardcore trash on the TV shows.

ECW Kurt Angle is a laugh.

There will be similar booking in ECW as there is in WWE.

The production of ECW will be the same as the WWE.

Big Show push #5780 begins where Big Show will squash a bunch of lil guys a lot as they try to rebuild him as a monster and then eventually job him out and then rebuild him, then job him out, then rebuild him, then job him out.

Paul Heyman will make a bunch of worthless speeches.

Styles and Tazz will be very annoying on commentary.

Oh, and since the show is filmed infront of WWE arena audiences, the fans tonight are gone from those shows. And can you imagine what ECW, what a show like this, will be like infront of a WWE arena audience?

The direction is pretty clear, skippy, and it's no good.

Then don't watch. Simple.

"John Cena apparently lost the WWE Championship to Rob Van Dam at ECW One Night Stand. The apparent loss came after Edge speared Cena and Paul Heyman counted Cena's shoulders to the mat, ending the Extreme Rules Match."

Apparently RVD's win is a total fraud and apparently the WWE doesn't want to even suggest that Cena's not regaining the strap.

I think he's suggesting that we all shouldn't watch. Unless you like that sort of stuff. But then again that's why they have the web shows available.

-----

Does anyone actually believe that they WON'T pipe in canned heat for the ECW shows?

And I don't know why anyone thought Super Crazy appeared sluggish tonight. If anything, he did slightly better than he normally would do while I was watching SmackDown. I really enjoyed that tag match; I thought it flowed much better than last year's triple threat mess. Although the finish was kinda flat.

I still can't believe Sabu executed half of that crazy shit tonight. My God, the springboard DDT was nastier than the flaming spear (or whatever) at WrestleMania and if anything deserves a double-KO finish it's that spot. Actually, it would have been much better if Sabu had have finished the match, won the title and ended Mysterio's "apparently" (TM WWE) god-awful reign as champion, but whatever. Rey's hurting, so giving the strap to a frequently-injured-but-not-right-now entertaining spot machine would be a slight step up. Or I would have been comfortable with him tossing that devalued title to the mat and accepting the ECW belt, but y'know. Probably my personal MOTN.

No Fonzie? :(

Angle vs. Orton was unexciting with some cool spots building up to a predictable finish. Nothing that makes me want to watch SmackDown (Benoit and Finlay can't even do that). At least the crowd was hot for Angle. They're lucky that the crowd didn't come to their senses and shit all over this SmackDown advertisement.

JBL's speech was kinda shitty. He didn't throw out any zingers. Oh well, it was short.

I enjoyed the 6-man tag. It had some cool stuff; such as Flannel Foley on Fire. I'm sure they're all happy with it, as by WWE standards it was "insane in the membrane" or whatever. That really quick spear + vaginal sex combo was a perfectly acceptable finish.

I won't pay $40 to watch a WWE PPV ever, ever, ever again (unless it features fucking Sabu wrestling a cheetah wrapped in barbed wire or is called "WrestleMania") but I'm not regretting tonight's purchase.

More from Meanie tonight:

OH!....and Yea......

Yea I heard JBL talked about me tonight. Oh well! Thanks for keeping my name out there John! lol And for all of you who STILL ask me if I am going to ECW after I have posted plenty of blogs that I have NOT been contacted......I still haven't been contacted.

I appriciate everyone wanting to see me in ECW. If you REALLY want to see me there, there one thing you can do.......................WRITE to them. In a nice and orderly fashion write to them and tell them how you would like to see me there. If as many people asked them that asked me then they should get the message clearly. lol

I love you all!!

Meanie

Overall, I was entertained, but the whole show felt like it could've been better. Foley/Edge vs. Dreamer/Funk could've been crazier, Mysterio/Sabu and FBI/Crazy-Tajiri could've been spottier... I was just underwhelmed.

Yeah, this show didn't tell us anything about what the new WWE project is about... cept...

The Wrestlers will use Generic WWE Music.

It will be at least 90% WWE guys.

They will wrestle the WWE style with WWE pacing.

There will be much less blood and hardcore trash on the TV shows.

ECW Kurt Angle is a laugh.

There will be similar booking in ECW as there is in WWE.

The production of ECW will be the same as the WWE.

Big Show push #5780 begins where Big Show will squash a bunch of lil guys a lot as they try to rebuild him as a monster and then eventually job him out and then rebuild him, then job him out, then rebuild him, then job him out.

Paul Heyman will make a bunch of worthless speeches.

Styles and Tazz will be very annoying on commentary.

Oh, and since the show is filmed infront of WWE arena audiences, the fans tonight are gone from those shows. And can you imagine what ECW, what a show like this, will be like infront of a WWE arena audience?

The direction is pretty clear, skippy, and it's no good.

Wow, it must've taken you hours to come up with that one, genius. Please, don't hold back any more pearls of wisdom, because surely the world needs more insight from such a great mind. If we're exchanging suggestions, stab yourself a lot with a really long and sharp knife and see how long you can go before passing out and dying. Simple, you dumb piece of shit.

Someone just called into LAW and said that his friend was at the show and when the Sabu/Rey spot at the end happened, Rey was complaining that he thought he had broke his arm and that he couldn't continue.

He was more than likely working the fans, but wouldn't it be something if even Rey had to be removed from SD from a while?

Wow, it must've taken you hours to come up with that one, genius. Please, don't hold back any more pearls of wisdom, because surely the world needs more insight from such a great mind. If we're exchanging suggestions, stab yourself a lot with a really long and sharp knife and see how long you can go before passing out and dying. Simple, you dumb piece of shit.

You seemed pretty excited about ECW after the special, and obviously not so much now. Are you still going to check out the show on Tuesday nights in hopes of "anything" now?

Guest hasbeen

It didn't take hours. Why are you so bitter? I'm not going to stab myself because I'm happy with my life, and less important but why I'm here, I'm generally pleased with most of what I watch on wrestling. You're not, obviously. Calling names on an internet board is very silly.

The Cena vs RVD match didn't matter, cause the belt is goin back to Cena on RAW...

No referee ended the match, it was Heyman...

And this is from WWE.com

................................................................................

John Cena apparently lost the WWE Championship to Rob Van Dam at ECW One Night Stand. The apparent loss came after Edge speared Cena and Paul Heyman counted Cena's shoulders to the mat, ending the Extreme Rules Match.

................................................................................

Notice the word apparent...

This shows that Cena never really lost......

Guest hasbeen

This will lead to a separate belt, like somebody said there would be no way to have one for ECW and Raw combined. No problem with that from me.

A rumor is that they are just going to have Roadkill and Danny Doring show up with the tag straps again, since they were the last champs.

You seemed pretty excited about ECW after the special, and obviously not so much now. Are you still going to check out the show on Tuesday nights in hopes of "anything" now?

Rudo's whole gimmick around here is to take the opinion of the minority and be a total snobbish asshole about it. He must know someone who is a big part of this forum because it's a miracle he hasn't been banned. He does this everytime and I'm shocked people even still pay attention to his gimmick anymore. It's just like what the Hammerstein crowd thought of John Cena.

Same old shit.

Seriously, the show was fun. I did like last year's show better because of the nostalgia, but last year's ppv and this years ppv were completely different show, but this show had some good matches as well.

Tazz/Lawler was pretty much what I was expecting, although I would have liked to see it go a little longer.

Orton/Angle started out extremely slow and I really wasn't expecting much from the match going into it, but it eventually built to be a pretty good match.

FBI/Crazy & Tajiri was an awesome match, even though it wasn't as good as the Mikey & Tajiri/FBI matches in the same building. It was still a lot of fun though.

Rey/Sabu was tons of fun, with a sick spot to end the match. At first I didn't like the no contest but it was really the best thing they could do in that situation.

Foley & Edge/Dreamer & Funk was a total crazy, brutal match. Really was tons of fun.

Tanaka/Mahoney was very dissapointing to me. I couldn't believe Tanaka lost to a chairshot after he had taken so many in past matches. Really short match that needed more time to be any good at all.

Cena/RVD was a decent match with an amazing amount of crowd heat, and dispite the finish, it was something that they needed to do booking wise...I am eager to see how this pans on on Raw tomorrow as well as on how Tuesday's ECW broadcast comes across.

Yes, it was dumb to have generic music for Sandman, especially when they used the real song for the ppv last year, and yes Eugene being in it was dumb, as the JBL promo was pretty pointless, and yes, the Tanaka/Balls match was completely underwhelming, but that aside this was a fine show and again, one of the better ppvs of the year, and I personally feel if people thought it was horrible, then they need to get off their high horse for a second, because this ppv was absoultely fine, and there is no point in geting worked up about the new ECW, especially since the ECW broadcast hasn't even happened yet. Just my 2 cents.

RVD hasn't been added to the WWE title history lineage section. They usually update it immediately following a PPV. coffee.gif

Basically, this PPV was meaningless.

Hey - remember when wrestling threads on this board were fun times!

Me too!

What happened?

I came in during the first hour and half of you were acting like rejects from Keith's blog.

Rudo especially.

I think the idea for Mahoney/Tanaka is that Tanaka has taken so many chair shots in his life that his brain finally ceased function, allowing Balls to make the cover.

I don't think they showed him getting up after the match so we're left to assume he died in hospital. ECW! ECW!

RVD hasn't been added to the WWE title history lineage section. They usually update it immediately following a PPV. coffee.gif

Basically, this PPV was meaningless.

It wasn't meaningless, it was fun and set up the new brand to be established. I don't know what all the bitching is for, there's nothing wrong with creating an ECW title that is separate and distinct from the WWE championship. RVD doesn't and won't look like a joke, a jobber or anything else of that nature.

I would have said that the Edge help made perfect sense from a writing standpoint, on the grounds that it got ECW up and running and built an Edge-Cena feud. I was kinda thinking (wishfully) that to make Vengeance a title match, it would end the brand split.

"Apparently" blew that to pieces. I wasn't THRILLED with the show, but certainly enjoyed it. The Edge/Foley tag was awesome and the boos/yeas being traded during the RVD/Cena punch trades was the most fun I've had in a while watching wrestling.

I dunno why this is such a hard concept to grasp, but I really think RVD will be considered the new ECW Champ when all is said and done come Tuesday. It seemed that is what Joey and Taz were trying to get across after the match that RVD was the ECW champ, not the WWE champ. If he is stripped of the WWE belt Monday, then it all but guarantees he is being awared the ECW Belt on Tuesday, and that is what should happen, because if he was on the ECW show with a WWE belt, all that would mean is that he would have to go back to a WWE show or PPV and job anyhow. This way it will now create a seperate belt from the Raw belt and the Smackdown belt, and send RVD on his way into ECW.

I watched the show with my girlfriend, a smart fan, a casual fan, and a non-fan. The non-fan kept peering over at the TV to see what was going on and eventually turned the Gamecube off to come watch the show because what he saw was so unlike anything he may have glanced over when seeing WWE. And my girlfriend was getting into it big time. She said she used to watch wrestling a lot with her Dad when she was little, and said it was nothing like she ever saw. During the show, the non-fan and the girlfriend got into it just as much as me, the smart fan, and the casual fan were. I was amazed at how much this show completely captivated the non-fan and the girlfriend. I can't remember a wrestling show doing that in a long time.

This is just like Paul Heyman said. It's not going to be the old ECW. Nostalgia acts don't last long. Look at Hogan's WWF/E run in 2002. This is a new ECW. New music. A whole new way of doing things. If this show is any indication of what the new ECW will be like, I'm all for it.

Even without authentic music for guys like The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, & Balls Mahoney, and the very underwhelming finish to RVD vs. Cena, this show manage to beat the fuck out of everything WWE has put out since last year's One Night Stand. Mainly because it was done under a wrestling pretense and not a sports entertainment one.

It wasn't as good as last year's show because last year's show was a straight-up nostalgia show. This was meant to launch the new brand so all the eggs aren't going into the one basket.

The only reason the finish was so empty is because we all were expecting a screwy finish that won't stand up, mainly because WWE was involved, which shows you how much of a cancer the WWE way is to the way wrestling should be presented. Once WWE branches out of ECW's business, I doubt you'll see anything like that anymore. I'm sure Heyman didn't like it anymore than we did.

It may not be exactly the old ECW we all remember, but this ECW will probably be a lot better than WWE just because it'll be something different.

I watched the show with my girlfriend, a smart fan, a casual fan, and a non-fan. The non-fan kept peering over at the TV to see what was going on and eventually turned the Gamecube off to come watch the show because what he saw was so unlike anything he may have glanced over when seeing WWE. And my girlfriend was getting into it big time. During the show, the non-fan and the girlfriend got into it just as much as me, the smart fan, and the casual fan were. I was amazed at how much this show completely captivated the non-fan and the girlfriend. I can't remember a wrestling show doing that in a long time.

This is just like Paul Heyman said. It's not going to be the old ECW. Nostalgia acts don't last long. Look at Hogan's WWF/E run in 2002. This is a new ECW. New music. A whole new way of doing things. If this show is any indication of what the new ECW will be like, I'm all for it.

Even without authentic music for guys like The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, & Balls Mahoney, and the very underwhelming finish to RVD vs. Cena, this show manage to beat the fuck out of everything WWE has put out since last year's One Night Stand. Mainly because it was done under a wrestling pretense and not a sports entertainment one.

It wasn't as good as last year's show because last year's show was a straight-up nostalgia show. This was meant to launch the new brand so all the eggs aren't going into the one basket.

The only reason the finish was so empty is because we all were expecting a screwy finish that won't stand up, mainly because WWE was involved, which shows you how much of a cancer the WWE way is to the way wrestling should be presented. Once WWE branches out of ECW's business, I doubt you'll see anything like that anymore. I'm sure Heyman didn't like it anymore than we did.

But it's like Dave Meltzer said. Nothing was going to beat last year's show anyways.

I agree 100% with all of this post. I watched it with my girlfriend who is a new fan, and my two sisters who are fairly markish and their reactions were exactly as you described.

this show manage to beat the fuck out of everything WWE has put out since last year's One Night Stand. Mainly because it was done under a wrestling pretense and not a sports entertainment one.

Judgement Day, which took place like three weeks ago was better than this.

this show manage to beat the fuck out of everything WWE has put out since last year's One Night Stand. Mainly because it was done under a wrestling pretense and not a sports entertainment one.

Of course it was to you. Because you're an anti-ECW fan, like I identified earlier.

I didn't really have a chance to watch ECW during its original run so I have no idea about Tanaka taking chair shots, however if he is so good at taking them and fighting back, having him go down to one wicked shot from Mahoney could be used to build up Mahoney's chair shots to non-ECW fans. People are used to seeing wrestlers take multiple chair shots so having one shot drop a guy like Tanaka can be used to build Mahoney. If that was the plan then it made perfect sense to use it on Tanaka because he isn't gonna be around and doesn't really need any protecting whereas Balls is gonna be a part of a brand and needs to be built up for new fans.

Why did Edge attack Cena anyways? He was already #1 contender so what was the point? Also why did he wear that helmet? To protect himself on the spear spot (which was probably a good thing since his head ended up in between Cena's back and the table)? I actually thought it was a SciFi gimmick for a second.

Of course it was to you. Because you're an anti-ECW fan, like I identified earlier.

Because I didn't like tonight's PPV, and thought Judgement Day was better, I'm an "anti-ECW" fan?

I'm sorry, you're a dumbass.

Someone needs to let ECW fans know that wrestling is a work.

We know it's a work. But ECW is the funnest work there is to be a part of.