TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TWIB: June 5-11

I joked last week he'd be on the DL two weeks later. Apparantly I gave him too much credit. I've officially given up on him ever being healthy enough to reach his potential and I think I'm starting to side with re-signing Barry Ztio even at a ridiculous contract.

Sheffield's out until at least September.

I speak for most Dodger fans when I say that's a great thing.

Guest Smues

It sure is nice to be a fan of like the one team that Sheffield played for and didn't cause problems on. (No Bob don't start on his post season production, that doesn't count.)

Sheffield's out until at least September.

I speak for most Dodger fans when I say that's a great thing.

That raises an interesting question to me at least. At 453 HR, Sheffield is 47 HR shy of the "magic number". He'll also be 38 this November. Is he a HOFer without 500? with 500?

I'd say no without and yes with, but I don't think he's a lock either way. Considering he's as "dirty" as Bonds, Giambi and Palmeiro, I don't think he'll get in on his first couple of tries.

Christ that's an awful picture of Rusch. I don't even wanna know where that sweat is originating from.

That's sweat? I thought it was a shadow.

If it's sweat, the guy even sucks at sweating.

:lol:

I almost feel sorry for Cubs fans. Almost.

Listening to Tommy Lasorda makes me want to rip my ears off. He's been a guest on the Jays broadcast for the third inning, and he's yammered non-stop for 20 minutes and completely taken over the broadcast.

Mets fans got the Tommy Treatment last night I think, but Howie Rose had to cut him off because he was going to tell us all about how Kirk Gibson hit that famous HR despite the last out of the inning being made. Senility's a bitch.

Jarret Wright shouldn't even come out for the 6th inning anymore. He just pathetically is exhausted and uncapable of getting outs after the 5th inning.

Jesus christ, I have never seen such a bigger choker in big situations, whether it be hitting or fielding, than A-Rod.

unreal.

If it makes you feel any better he's got 3 hits and an RBI in late inning situations. . . in 21 ABs with 6 K's. He's also 1 for 16 this month, but I'm sure he'll pull out of it as soon as Boston leaves town.

Jesus christ, I have never seen such a bigger choker in big situations, whether it be hitting or fielding, than A-Rod.

unreal.

Define "big situation."

I got so tired of hearing this, that I went and looked it up. A-Rod's OPS for this year:

Overall: .919

Runners on: .977

RISP: 1.072

RISP, 2 out: 1.094

Please don't make up some dumb situation like OPS when the bases are loaded with two out in the late innings when the Yankees are within 3 runs, either.

Look, if he was clutch, like Jeter whos batting something like .400 with RISP this year, I wouldn't say anything. its just fairly obvious this guy can't do anything when we need him. i.e, him making an error to give the sox the lead.

Look, if he was clutch, like Jeter whos batting something like .400 with RISP this year, I wouldn't say anything. its just fairly obvious this guy can't do anything when we need him. i.e, him making an error to give the sox the lead.

RISP: 1.072