Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TWIB: June 5-11

Big Papi!

A's Sweep!

Reitsma!

Nats 6 - Phils 0!

Mets lead 10-0 Top 5!

That's about as good as it gets for me on an early Sunday evening.

It'll be a miracle if Francona ever wakes up and realises that you should try to win both games of a double-header and not just one. Any time that they win the first game he decides to wave the white flag for the second by placing his entire bench in the starting line-up and removing the better hitters.

I'd care if the game were being televised here. Apparently, airing this game would interfere with Extra Innings busy schedule of airing a screen featuring tomorrow's seven games...on every channel.

Not only did the 'Stros rout the Braves 14-4 today, but Roger Clemens made his second minor league start for the Corpus Christi Hooks, Houston's AA club. He went 6 innings, struck out 11, gave up no walks, and only 2 hits-the first hit came in the 5th inning. By getting over 10 strikeouts, he won free tacos for everyone in attendence. His start in A ball, he won the whole crowd wiper fluid by striking out five. Minor league baseball rules! Also, it's good to get a look at Houston's AA club, who are really, really good, sending a Texas League high 9 All-Stars to the All-Star Game.

Jesus, what an inning. Sox down by eight in the 9th and actually manage to bring the tying run to the plate. And this was after Konerko, Dye and Crede had been taken out of the game. Impressive by the Sox, but a further example of how awful this Tribe pen is.

Alfonseca just got DFA by the Rangers, so he IS available. And jeez, Dave Veres, I forgot all about him. I tend to forget how awful the Cubs' pen was in 2003. You almost side with Dusty on keeping his starters out there as long as he did when you consider they had guys like Alfonseca, Veres, Farnsworth, and Mark Guthrie waiting down there.

Big Papi!

A's Sweep!

Reitsma!

Nats 6 - Phils 0!

Mets lead 10-0 Top 5!

That's about as good as it gets for me on an early Sunday evening.

geez why did mets fans even care about the yanks. lol (yeah I know already, I know alot of mets fans)

I try not too, but I hope the mets do well as they are a NY team, plus a subway world series is somewhat possible

anyhow what a sucky weekend for me(guess the A's have our number this year), but at least theyre only a game out after this whole mess. having EVERYONE get injured makes for a weird season. but at least its not as bad as this time last year.

then again we cant care too much. It's not like any of these players pay our rent (Bronx Tale reference-youll get it if you saw it enough)

A-Rod does not have "it!" Why don't they just trade him to a team that actually appreciates him?

"It" equals championships. Got it. Ted Williams, Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Robin Yount didn't have "it." But quite honestly, this is a reasonable column. A-Rod has looked awkward at times and he hasn't played his best this season. Sherman simply says that A-Rod needs to come through, not that he won't.

I agree with the main point of the article. For an athlete to succeed, he needs to have the focus and the mental toughness to be able to embrace the Big Moment, rather than be swallowed up by it. That's how to best sum up "It." That's the thing A-Rod seems to lack. He does seem to try too hard and get consumed with every little thing that's going on around him.

Off-topic, what was with Sherman claiming Elway "shed uncomfortable labels along the way"? Surely he didn't think Elway lost because he didn't have "It," not when he led The Drive and was woefully outclassed in those three Super Bowl losses.

Guest StylesMark

As a Yankee fan, I appreciate A-Rod. He's helped get them to the post season for 2 years now. Someday maybe he'll have "it", but NO, he doesn't right now. I don't think he should be traded or anything ridiculous like that. But he is NOT comfortable at all in tight situations.