Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TWIB: June 5-11

Last time Batista faced the Mets

9 IP, 1 ER, 7 H, BB, 3K

Tonight

0 IP, 3 ER, 2H, BB

:)

Padilla looked good after Trawt took him yard in the first. He didn't really allow much after that and only walked one. Wake looked pretty good again tonight, but Hansen got in trouble, blowing Wake's win and making Papelbon come in early. I too was impressed at him hulking up after giving up the run, throwing mid-nineties in the pouring rain, and accurately. The splitters he threw to Wilkerson were just filthy.

Lester makes his major league debut tomorrow afternoon. FOX had damn well better carry the game, and Pinella had better not act like a total fucking knob in the booth.

Last night with the bases loaded: hit batter, walk and a wild pitch score 3 runs with the bases loaded no hits..

Tonight: Patterson just drew a walk with the bases loaded to score a run.

Its fun seeing a team not be able to do anything at the plate with the bases loaded and still score runs.

LOL..now Tiffee is charged with an error and Conine knocks a run in without a hit again. Tie ball game 3-3. This is frickin hillarious.

HEY! Fahey with a 2RBI BASEHIT with the bases loaded and 2 outs! WHOOHOO!

5-3 Os

Jays still ass at hitting with RISP, but not as badly as the Indians. They have two more on in the fourth and strand them again. Vazquez is almost to 100 pitches, but he's got eight strikeouts and has somehow managed to give up only one run despite allowing 10 baserunners.

Rodrigo Lopez is on track for win #4 in a row with Javy Lopez behind the plate.

Im surprised I haven't heard more about Javy catching the other pitchers more often to see if he helps them out as well. Let RAMON! DH as his bat is too valuable to not be in the lineup..anything to try and get guys like Bedard and Cabrerra turned around..

I hate Dusty, but it's tough to blame him for Dempster being just awful lately. Two-run game in the ninth and Dempster walks Dunn to lead it off, gives up a single and walks Valentine. Oh boy.

How on earth can the team with the best record in the majors have a closer with an ERA over 5.50 and an opponents' batting average over .300?

Oh yeah, the Blue Jays just tied the game against Todd Jones. Still 1st and 3rd, 1 out.

Damn, Brandon Phillips hit into some bad luck tonight. But, blame this loss of Felipe Lopez, thrown out at second with a guy on third with Griffey up, and then strikes out looking when the Cubs were conceding the tying run. Lopez is the dumbest red, and makes more mental mistakes then anyone on the team.

I dunno. That called third strike was REAL close and considering how wild Dempster had been and how slim the zone had been in the inning, it was not a necessarily bad take for him. But I guess with two strikes on you, you have to defend. I hope the Cubs took note on how to put together a nice late-inning rally. Don't swing at everything and maybe the opposing pitcher will make a game of it without making you take the bat off your shoulder.

Final line on the Tigers' pen in the 8th:

Walker: 0.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 K

Rodney: 0.0 IP, 3 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 0 K, 1 HR

Jones: 0.0 IP, 4 ER, 4 H, 0 BB, 0 K

Seay: 0.2 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 1 K

12 men to the plate, 8 runs. What a meltdown.

Both Indians announcers think it's a good idea for Michaels to bunt the runners along with no outs and take the bat out of Hafner's hands. None of it matters, though, since Michaels can't get it done and K's.

I'm not sure WHY Todd Jones is still the closer. Especially when you consider how amazing the rest of that pen is.

But he's a PVC~!

I wish they'd call the A's/Yankees game. The A's are perfectly capable of blowing a five run lead late in a game and I'd prefer they not have the chance to do so.

Aw dammit the game has started back up.

And Giambi promptly hits a three-run homer, lead down to two. Why do they always prove me right?

Stupid Nats were up 7-3 after 6 but gave up a 3 tun shot to Utley and a 2 run bomb to Burrell. Phillies now lead 8-7. Bleh.

Yeah, Jones has been terrible. Rodney before tonight had something like a .128 BA against and has an ERA of 1.91 now. But that line posted of the bullpen meltdown tonight just hurts.

All things considered, the trends of the Tigers lately isn't good, but overall they are still fighting for top spot in the central. Could be worse.

And Giambi promptly hits a three-run homer, lead down to two. Why do they always prove me right?

Brad Halsey is pitching. Brad Halsey.

That reminds me, I need to drop Halsey from my fantasy team. At least I haven't played him in the last month.

Has anyone ever had a more stressful start to his career? Three starts back to back to back on national TV against the Dodgers, Mets, and Red Sox pitching for the Yankees? I'll always be thankful for that last start.

Was that Red Sox start the one where the game went 14 innings? That was like the best game ever.

Yep, that game was freaking ridiculous, I still get chills when I watch it. It must have been an aboslute GUT PUNCH to Sox fans, lossing the game on back to back to back hits by Sierra, Cairo, and JOHN FLATHERY win two outs to lose the game.

Plus, Jetes play, plus the "ITS A TRIPLE PLAY!!", that actually wasn't, plus Halsley/Pedro, plus Cairos leadoff triple and the amount of glove switching that the Sox did, plus Nomar sitting on the bench like a little bitch, and plus just the incredible stuff that happened in that game.