TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TWIB: June 5-11

Hey Bruiser, the guy the Cubs took in the 1st round was projected 3rd or 4th round. Apparently the Cubs didn't want to pay slot money so they underdrafted (ie they were being cheap).

If you want to hear out and out hilarity, go to phillies.com and listen to Kyle Drabeck's draft interview.

Yeah, that's what I read. I believe he was ranked in the 170s.

And it looks like the extra days of rest have served Wood quite well. Three unearned on his throwing error and lots of balls outside the zone. Ah well.

Do the Yankees need to do a curtain call after EVERY FUCKING HOMER they hit against Boston? I get that it's a blood rivalry and all, but come on it's ridiculous.

Anything Bernie doess well gets a curtain call.

I hate to keep harping on it, but this is why the "wait until we get Wood and Prior healthy" arguments are filled with holes. If 75 pitches in 3 2/3 innings is what this team was banking on, they're in more trouble than we thought.

Edwin Encarnacion just went down, it looked pretty bad as he seemingly couldn't stop his momentum and just collapsed right on his ankle and rolled around for a bit. Luckily, he walked off under his own power.

edit: the replay actually just made it look more unusual as he didn't turn his ankle or anything. He was just running and starting hopping and started to turn and stood on the other ankle (the one he was hopping on) and just went down.

I just won $ 5 on a bet with a friend that A-Rod would whiff with the bases loaded. Woo.

Hey...Wandy's lookin' good. The Cubs aren't. I just found out this guy that lives like...2 blocks away from me got drafted in the 9th round by the Astros. Clemens looked pretty good in his first minor league start tonite. He went three innings, gave up 3 hits, one run, and struck out 6. Some rook hit a homerun off him in the first inning...and did the fastest homerun trot I've ever seen.

Guest Smues

Ken Ray gets a 1-2-3 inning with 2 k's for the save and Atlanta win 5-3 to snap the losing streak. I don't know if Ken Ray is the long-term solution to our closer problem, but I certainly think the job should be his for the time being.

Hey...Wandy's lookin' good. The Cubs aren't. I just found out this guy that lives like...2 blocks away from me got drafted in the 9th round by the Astros. Clemens looked pretty good in his first minor league start tonite. He went three innings, gave up 3 hits, one run, and struck out 6. Some rook hit a homerun off him in the first inning...and did the fastest homerun trot I've ever seen.

If memory serves, the Cubs have always been lousy against Rodriguez. Perhaps the lack of that lefty BP coach has benefited Wandy!

Oh how I love grinded-out at-bats that result in walks followed by first-pitch outs. Yeesh.

For those watching the White Sox game: anyone getting a kick out of the animated guy in the yellow behind homeplate?

Shit. It looks as though Cliff Floyd is seriously hurt. He's being helped off the field after doing something to his left ankle.

Nice to see Milwaukee put a stop to their most recent awful slide. Really good game pitched by Dave Bush.

And after some great work by Zumaya to get out of a bases-loaded 8th inning jam against Thome and Konerko, Rodney blows it by giving up a three-run jack to ALEX CINTRON.

And hey, Cubs avoid the shutout, but should still be embarrassed for getting shut down by a guy who recorded four outs on Friday.

Game of the year as far as I'm concerned. I am currently taping the encore on YES as we speak.

What was the Yankees 96 roation?

Pettite ( Mussina equivilent now), Cone, Jimmy Key, and Kenny Rogers? I think the rotation is better now but of course with Wettland and Rivera it was basically a 6 inning game if we were winning that year.

Those four and Doc Gooden. That rotation wasn't outstanding but had no weaknesses once the Yanks shored up their fifth starter situation by trading for Cone. This version has a real problem with depth, and that puts them behind.

David Cone: A) Was aquired by the Yankees in 1995, not '96, and B) Only had 11 starts in 1996, due to his anyurism, although he pitched in the most important game in nearly two decades up to that point, Game 3 of the World Series. Andy Pettitte was the ace of that staff, going 21-8 with a 3.87 ERA and finishing second in the Cy Young voting to Pat Hentgen. Cone's spot in the rotation was pretty much patched together with guys like Ramiro Mendoza, Scott Kamieniecki, and Brian Boehringer.

Do the Yankees need to do a curtain call after EVERY FUCKING HOMER they hit against Boston? I get that it's a blood rivalry and all, but come on it's ridiculous.

Well, Bernie is seen as a pretty special player by Yankee fans. The place goes crazy every time he comes to bat, forget when he homers. (Tonight was his 3rd of the year)

Actually, I think Wandy was pretty mediocre in his last few outings against the Cubbies. I know he lost his first ML start against 'em, but he was pretty mediocre much of last year as a whole. I was hoping for a shutout, which would tie the Astros with the San Diego Padres for the NL high (7), but, of course, Lidge couldn't go an inning without giving up a run. Silly me for hoping our closer could get his ERA below 5. Tomorrow should be an interesting game, with one of your rookies going against a guy for us who will be making his first Major League Start...either Chris Sampson or Phillip Barzilla, hopefully Barzilla cuz he's a lefty. I predict the final score being 21-19 Astros.

They're getting dominated by a guy who's never made a ML start. Their lone hit should've been called an error. This is embarrassing considering the Astros were only looking for six from the guy at the most.

Well, Marshall's looking pretty good, too. It's just too bad that B-Rad is the best offensive catcher in the National League. I take back my prediction of the game ending up 21-19 'Stros, and modify it to end up being 21-0 'Stros.

Okay, someone explain the logic behind Tony Womack swinging on a 3-1 count in a one-run game? You take and worst case scenario, the count goes full. God, these guys are infuriating.