TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TWIB: June 5-11

Sad thing is, it feels like a day that it will actually happen. Day games always seem like the time for it to occur.

Wanted: Shortstop

The Boston Red Sox are looking for a major league shortstop that is capable of swinging the bat and making GOOD contact with the baseball. Defense is a plus, not required.

Interested parties contact Theo Epstein.

Horacio Ramirez just took a Lance Berkman line drive off the face. It looked nasty as Hell. But, he was able to stand up and walk off of the field with a little help. Yeesh, it looked painful as all get out, but the 'Stros are up 7-1, so hopefully we win and Horacio's ok.

Ronny! Good to see the Cubs hitting it out with runners ON. To think this game was one pitch away from having an entirely different complexion a half-inning ago.

Guest Smues

Reitsma comes in and loads the bases with no outs, so he's got a great chance to get that ERA over 8. YOU CAN DO IT!

Guest Smues

And 2 score and still no outs. Moving his ERA to........ 8.31. And there's still 2 on, come on Chris make it 9!

Oh and Jeter gets the final out to give the A's the win. A-rod's unclutchness must have rubbed off on him I blame A-rod!

Guest Smues

Ask and I shall recieve. A 3 run shot makes it 5 straight hits off of Reitsma, for 5 runs, and an ERA of ...... 9.35.

And he's still pitching. He might just get it up to 10 in this game alone.

Man...Reitsma blows. At least every homerun is worth $17,000 for prostate cancer research. If Booby Cox doesn't get Reitsma outta there soon, the 'Stros might raise a million dollars just in this inning.

A's sweep the Yankees in New York for the first time in 12 years. Street saves all three games. Dan Johnson has risen from the dead as apparantly he was having a problem with "dry eyes" early in the season which was causing him to have blurry vision which led to him being dreadful at the plate but he's been red hot the last couple of weeks. Eye drops are a PED!

Guest Smues

An out gets the ERA down to 9.23. Come on Chris you can get to 10, don't get any of those pesky outs!

And yay as I type that he allows his 6th hit of the inning. And it looks like he gets one more batter.

Guest Smues

Boo 2 outs and the ERA is 9.11, he might get it down to 9 this inning :(

But hey look base hit number 7 and there's 2 on with 2 outs. And he's STILL PITCHING. All he needs is to give up another homerun here.

Guest Smues

And he beans Taveras this inning just keeps getting better. Bases loaded. Only god knows if he'll pitch the next batter.

Guest Smues

Reitsma is finally lifted with a final tally of 2/3 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 1 HBP, and he's still got 3 runners on that could score. I don't know if I should be rooting for Yates to get the out or just allow the runs to complete Reitsma's disgrace.

And wow KC turned a triple play.

edit: And Francoeur saves Reitsma further embarassment and the inning is over. What a nightmare.

Guest Smues

He's probably just there to make the other pitchers in the bullpen feel better about themselves.

I should send Reitsma and email saying that we have an open slot for a pitcher on my softball team.

Guest Smues
I should send Reitsma and email saying that we have an open slot for a pitcher on my softball team.

I'm sure the other teams in your league have already told him about your opening.

Gavin Floyd had another good outing in Scranton today, with seven innings pitched, two runs allowed, and eight strikeouts. Since his demotion, he's actually looked like a prospect.

It'll be a miracle if Francona ever wakes up and realises that you should try to win both games of a double-header and not just one. Any time that they win the first game he decides to wave the white flag for the second by placing his entire bench in the starting line-up and removing the better hitters.