TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

Smackdown Spoilers

Smackdown Taping

June 6th, 2006

Wheeling, WV

WesBanco Arena

Smackdown drew poorly in Wheeling, as there might have been 4,000, tops, in a 6,000 capacity arena. WWE had the camera side tarped off from ALL fans and one of the upper decks, opposite of the entrance, tarped off. This comes after a RAW houseshow, not televised, nearly sold the place out.

Notes from the show.... Keep in mind that I did NOT write results down, so everything is off the top of my head...

VELOCITY

-Funaki defeated Mike Knox (?)

-Jamie Noble/Kid Kash defeated Sterling James Keenan/Jon Bolen (?)

-Gunner Scott defeated Colt Cabana.

-Matt Hardy defeated Simon Dean.

May have been a 5th match?

-------------

SMACKDOWN

-Show started off with William Regal trying to introduce King Booker, but Lashley attacked Regal instead. Teddy Long came out to make Regal vs. Lashley later that night.

-Brian Kendrick fought Super Crazy... sadly, off the top of my head, I cannot remember who won this match. How could I? I was immediately in the presence of the Great Khali and he cleaned house with multiple headbutts, clotheslines, big boots, and he slammed Super Crazy ala Albert-Bomb before walking away.

-Vito, who was questioned earlier by Nunzio about wearing a dress, actually defeated Nunzio in a one on one match.

-Ashley won the "Summer Kickoff" Bikini contest hosted by Mike, the Miz. She defeated the likes of Jillian, Kristal, and Michelle McCool. All unveiled smokin' bikinis/bodies except for Michelle McCool, who was playing the teacher gimmick. McCool suggested that teachers get no respect and went into some lecture before walking away. The fans overwhelmingly cheered for Ashley to win when asked by the Miz.

-Mark Henry DESTROYED a local independent guy and pinned him with a bodyslam.

-Lashley defeated William Regal with a Countout. I believe Lashley hit Regal with a spear or something of the nature involving Lashley running and Regal hitting the ground on the outside. Did not get a good view of it, but it knocked Regal out. Booker, all decked out in the King outfit, tried to revive Regal, but it was too late. Booker T vs. Lashley for NEXT week's Smackdown.

-Ken Kennedy... excuse me, Mr. Kennedy, returned defeated Scotty 2 Hotty in a match with a Swanton splash.

-Rey Mysterio's proposition to join ECW was addressed by Michael Cole. Before Cole could introduce Mysterio, Tazz came up and talked about ECW. Tazz accepted Lawler's challenge and said he'd choke him out Sunday. Then, Tazz said he's "officially going home" and resigned from ECW. He said he enjoyed his time but it was now time to go home. He shoved the microphone in Cole's chest and walked away. Paul Heyman was there to greet him with a big hug.

-Heyman then came to the ring and discussed ECW after dismissing Cole. He called out Rey Mysterio and Mysterio thanked Heyman for introducing him to America through ECW. However, in the WWE, WWE fans are "his people" and this was the place where he won the World Title. Therefore, Rey Mysterio TURNED DOWN Heyman's offer to join ECW. Heyman professionally said "thank you" to Mysterio for thinking about the offer and said "good luck, as you'll need it tonight" or something of that matter. Finley immediately came down for the match.

-Finley defeated Rey Mysterio in a NON-TITLE match with the shillelagh after Sabu distracted Mysterio. Finley dominated the match, though, keeping Mysterio grounded, though Mysterio hit a beautiful tilt-a-whirl neckspin on Finley, if I called that right. Finley's midget or whatever his role may be did pull Mysterio under the ring at one point in the match (huh?). He tried for the 619 but Sabu attempted to come in with a chair. Mysterio fought him off but the distraction was enough for Finley to drill Mysterio with the foreign object while the referee was also distracted.

AFTERWARD, Sabu came back to his senses and attacked Mysterio with a thrown chair to his head and then he set up Mysterio on a table on the outside. Sabu then drilled a PICTURE PERFECT legdrop onto Mysterio by jumping from a chair to the ropes and onto Rey with a thundering crash! Looked great live and should look good on television. Excellent spot!

Mysterio was out cold as Sabu walked away, doing his signature point in the air pose...

PLEASE CREDIT LORDSOFPAIN.NET IF YOU ARE USING THESE RESULTS!!!

That tag title win sure did wonders for London and Kendrick.

London is injured, so I guess that means Spanky resumes his role as CW fodder for hosses.

Tazz resigned from ECW? I'm confused, does that mean he's staying on SD or he's not gonna be on TV period or what?

I think it was suppose to say "resigned from Smackdown"...

From PWInsider.com

Velocity:

Sho Funaki d. Mike Knox.

Tatanka d. Seth James.

Gunner Scott d. Colt Cabana.

The Pitbulls (Kid Kash & Jamie Knoble) d. Sterling James Keenan & Jon Bolen.

Matt Hardy d. Simon Dean.

Smackdown:

William Regal comes out and talks about last week’s Smackdown as footage is shown. Bobby Lashley jumps Regal from out of the crowd and the fight breaks out onto the announce table. Agents and referees rush out from the back to separate the two. It is announced as Lashley v. Regal, with the stipulation being if Lashley wins he gets a match with King Booker.

Psicosis (w/ Super Crazy) d. Brian Kendrick (w/ Paul London)

Match saw a great finish with Psicosis giving Kendrick a version of a belly-to-belly from the top rope. After the match, The Great Khali came down and dominated all four men.

Vito (wearing a white dress) d. Nunzio

Bobby Lashley d. William Regal via count-out as King Booker and Queen Sharmell look on from a makeshift throne.

Mark Henry d. Raymond Rowe in a squash match

Mr. Kennedy d. Scotty 2 Hotty in his return match

Smackdown Bikini Contest w/ Ashley, Jillian, Kristal, and Michelle McCool

McCool rants on about how the media portrays teachers and refuses to disrobe. Ashley Massaro wins.

Michael Cole then gets in the ring and says he hears rumors that Paul Heyman is trying to get Rey Mysterio to jump to ECW, and Cole wants Heyman to set the record straight. Tazz interrupts Cole, and says that he doesn’t know about Rey, but he knows that he has made up his mind. Tazz says that he is going back home, to the place where he belongs. He says that he had a lot of fun with the WWE on Smackdown, but he’s done. Tazz then walks out and meets with Heyman and they hug.

Rey Mysterio’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring to confront Paul Heyman. He says that ECW gave him his start in the United States, but he is living a dream in the WWE and on Smackdown. He says he isn’t going anywhere. Heyman wishes Rey the best of luck this Sunday and tonight against Finlay, because he says Rey is going to need it. Heyman then joins Cole for commentary.

Finlay d. Rey Mysterio after Sabu poses as a distraction and Finlay hits Rey with his shillelagh and his Emerald Fusion finisher. Sabu then places Rey on a table outside the ring, springboards off the top rope, and delivers a leg drop to Rey through the table. Smackdown goes off the air.

Dark Match:

The Undertaker d. Mark Henry & The Great Khali

Khali got caught up in the ropes while Undertaker chokeslammed Henry for the win.

Biggest Pops:

1. The Undertaker

2. Bobby Lashley

3. Rey Mysterio

4. Matt Hardy

5. Ken Kennedy

Biggest Heat:

1. William Regal

2. King Booker

3. Finlay

4. Mark Henry

5. Michelle McCool

Guest wildpegasus

Regal got the most heel heat of the night and they're PROTECTING HIM from a clean pinfall against LASHLEY?? Am I dreaming? Don't pinch me because I'm loving this.

Rey vs Finlay with Sabu interfereing?

Even without Benoit, Smackdown is kicking BUTT. Man, I miss Benoit though.

Wow, so Orton who is a SmackDown wrestler, is nowhere to be found on this show. Ok?. Is he even going to be on SmackDown anymore or what?

How proud can Rey really be being a Champion of a show thats threated as 2nd rate which has no Star Power whatsoever. I mean Rey, Booker and Mark Henry are the ONLY big name stars that are regulars on SD now. sheesh. its fucking obeius WWE doesn't care about SD!.

EDIT: and if Taker is doing matches on SmackDown tapings, at least find a way to put him on the damn show. sheesh.

Wow, so Orton who is a SmackDown wrestler, is nowhere to be found on this show. Ok?. Is he even going to be on SmackDown anymore or what?

How proud can Rey really be being a Champion of a show thats threated as 2nd rate which has no Star Power whatsoever. I mean Rey, Booker and Mark Henry are the ONLY big name stars that are regulars on SD now. sheesh. its fucking obeius WWE doesn't care about SD!.

I think this was probably odd booking for the show in light of the WWE vs. ECW special tomorrow so they could mention aspects of it come Friday.

I suspect a great deal of the booking directions will become clear after ONS2.

Orton is working with Angle at the ECW ppv, and since Kurt is no longer on Smackdown it wouldn't make sense for him to come out and challenge Rey or anyone.

He's supposed to be at next week's Smackdown taping

Guest El Satanico
sheesh. its fucking obeius WWE doesn't care about SD!

Don't say that so loud, Vince may hear you.

Unlike Raw, Smackdown can be fun to watch. If Vince starts trying to "fix it", he'll just ruin it.

Guest nokia

Sabu & Heyman on Smackdown = :headbang:

Nunzio loosing to Vito = :throwup:

Tazz back to Ecw = :hm:

Rey made out to look like a looser AGAIN = :angry:

Note to self for Fantasy: Rey Mysterio is a JOBBER

True but not so true. Look at this way, Mysterio is doing 3 shows this week. He's advertised for WWE vs ECW, Smackdown, and the ECW PPV. I believe his ECW match will be considered a main event match too, so lets see he's in two main events, he's appearing on three shows, so thats all points there. I'm guessing he'll win a match at the WWE vs ECW show. Maybe the battle royal?

Michelle McCool rants on about how the media portrays teachers and refuses to disrobe.

Because that skirt she wore last week just screamed "I'm a respectable teacher". That's continuity for you people.

Guest Princess Leena

Maybe so.

But, just by having a match on SD... he's ahead of Cena/RVD/Edge, etc... so far.

Plus, there's a 99% chance he's retaining against Sabu at ONS, so he'll still get tons of points. Probably well into the 40's for the entire week.

Not that Khali should be squashing people for no reason, but if you're going to use anyone, why not Nunzio and Vito instead of your damn tag team champions.

Guest Coffey

I'm looking forward to the Sabu segment. I haven't seen a triple-jump legdrop in quite some time.

Here's a question for everyone: If it's true that RVD will face Rey at this WWE vs. ECW show tonight then how do they book that match? Since nothing is advertised I am almost hoping both the Cena/Sabu and RVD/Rey matches end in DQs and they rebook it and do a tag match on that show. Then Sabu might pick up a win over Rey to establish him as a threat, but it doesn't really hurt anybody.

Cause let's face it, the way Rey has been treated like a jobber they can't have RVD lose to him. And yet they can't keep jobbing Rey out to everyone.

I know that, for this week, he's a good pick...but I'll be damned if I ever pick him on a normal week.

Guest Princess Leena

Does this mean Finlay joins ECW? I really hope not. I've loved his stuff with Lashley, and he's too good to be doing garbage brawls which he'd probably get thrown into in ECW.

Here's a question for everyone: If it's true that RVD will face Rey at this WWE vs. ECW show tonight then how do they book that match?

I'm thinking some Sportz Entertainment-like finish which leads to ECW/WWE fighting in the ring... or RVD gets screwed somehow to continue the "always being held down" shtick he's doing lately.

And yet they can't keep jobbing Rey out to everyone.

You'd be surprised. I've thought that after each of the last three times he's jobbed.

Not that Khali should be squashing people for no reason, but if you're going to use anyone, why not Nunzio and Vito instead of your damn tag team champions.

I concur.