TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO "WWE .VS. ECW Special" Thread - June/7th/06.

3) Big Show's "link" to ECW is so paper thin it's laughable that anyone's accepting it as even consolation. He's a WCW wrestler who went to the WWF, aka WWE. How does that make him ECW material exactly?
The WWE has in no way said there was a pre-existing connection to ECW - maybe he decided to jump to ECW because he's always been a big fan of it, he liked Heyman or maybe he just wanted to be a big fish in a smaller pond

many explanations that do not play of any kind of existing link to ECW

I fail to see how that Lawler-Tazz pullapart hurt either guy. What I do see, however, is that strummer and Cowboy should not be let near computers, anytime. Ever. Valium guys, take some.

Check my first post about the fight dumbass..

I said something like...

Wow... That shit looked like it could be real...

So shut the fuck up.

You TOTALLY owned me!

HAHAHAHA!

Big Show was managed by Heyman for awhile, that's a good enough tie for me.

I hope this means he gets a new theme song, I've hated the Big Show theme since about...

Big Show was managed by Heyman for awhile, that's a good enough tie for me.

I hope this means he gets a new theme song, I've hated the Big Show theme since about...

I kinda liked that theme he was using by Mack 10 back whenever that was.

strummer, you're just posting to get a reaction now. Half the time you're not even replying to anything and just stating random "Tazz is a pussy" schlep. So piss off already.

Second, anyone blaming the botch on Dreamer is a fool. Watch the video, Edge fucked this one up.

Damn, strummer is sounding like a teenaged mark in this thread. The Punch was a work.

Does anyone think Foley is a pussy? A 700 year old man swelled his eye closed and busted him open!

The Big Show in ECW....ugh. Foley's promo was ok but he still doesn't have a solid motive and they tried so hard to make it seem like an important promo that it ended up coming off kind of sad. That whole feud just doesn't seem natural or real enough to have Foley and Funk be cutting semi-shoot promos on each other. The rest was average and I think it's somewhat obvious an ECW guy (maybe Angle?) will cost RVD the title to set up the first ECW major feud on Sunday.

I have a feeling that Angle will turn on ECW somehow.... I thought that he would have yesterday in the battle royale, but I was wrong....

I thought this show did what WWE should've done weeks ago, which is to promote the ECW p.p.v.

-RVD/Rey was a good free TV match and hopefully they get to have a long feud after SD gets cancelled.

-Sabu/Cena was ok and these 2 need to have a longer match to see what else they could do.

-Angle and Show in ECW doesn't bother me as long as WWE doesn't turn this into the NWO with everybody and their mother trying to join the cool stable.

-Taz/Lawler did a great job promoting their match by making some people think that they were truly fighting each other, after all these years Lawler still has that wrestling psychoogy on how to control a mark and smark crowd.

My only problem with this whole ONS thing is that WWE hasn't given us any reason to care for ECW guys like Dreamer, Ballz, Sandman, and Snow, the majority of the fans don't know anything about these guys.

The rest was average and I think it's somewhat obvious an ECW guy (maybe Angle?) will cost RVD the title to set up the first ECW major feud on Sunday.

I'd like to think the WWE won't botch this and do something incredibly stupid in the title match. But all signs point to them doing something incredibly stupid in the title match.

Having an ECW guy cost RVD the title, would be doing something beyond incredibly stupid in the title match. They can have Angle come after RVD because Angle can claim he was supposed to be the new face of ECW, not RVD and it works just as well for a major feud.

Did anyone else notice the WWE basically set it up where if ECW fails, Orton is going to get to take alllll of the credit? He won't even need to win this match, if they know ECW is failing, they are going to send Orton in down the line to win the title and RKO the brand out of existence. So another attempt to put over his lame "legend killer" gimmick.

Big Show explains his motivation for joining ECW in an ECW.com-exclusive video.

Anyone mind if I transcribe this for people who

1)Have slow connections or

2)Can't understand Big Show?

Edge might also have gotten a little caught up going over Dreamer's head from that angle, causing him to try to readjust and, with Tommy still trying to follow through, caused him to not get enough distance and do whatever he could to avoid coming down chin-first on the edge of the table.

Big Show explains his motivation for joining ECW in an ECW.com-exclusive video.

Anyone mind if I transcribe this for people who

1)Have slow connections or

2)Can't understand Big Show?

Go for it, he really sounded like he was going to cry at the start so make sure you include the ums.

I guess his reason makes sense and I don't incredibly mind it anyway. Big Show can be extremely entertaining when he is allowed to be and ECW always has had the token really tall guy.

Wonder if Show will get to throw someone into the crowd.

Ahh, he's going to handcuff lightning and throw thunder's ass in jail..... :huh:

Seriously, though, the argument could just be made that he's done it all in WCW, done it all in WWE, and with ECW back, that's the only place that makes sense for him to go.

The transcribed reason for Big Show coming to ECW.

Heyman: I wanted to set the record straight here on ECW.com and I'm sure WWE.com will steal the footage...

Big Show: No doubt.

Heyman: ...as to WHY, the Big Show, 7 feet tall, 500 pounds would join ECW and...I think who better to tell the story (extends hand to Big Show and shakes it) than you sir?

Big Show: Thank you, Mr. Heyman.

Heyman: Thank you, thank you very much.

*Heyman exits, Show turns to the camera

Big Show: Uh, where do I begin? Um...it's about opportunity. It's about ambition, it's about drive. Y'know Raw...I enjoyed my time on Raw, I appreciate all the effort from the guys in the locker room, I appreciate the Raw fans...quite honestly, I wasn't hungry on Raw. I didn't create enough opportunities for myself, I was making a good living, really didn't mind. It wasn't until I had a dinner one evening in New York with an old friend of mine named Paul Heyman. As we sat there, on 77th and Broadway, having a cold slice of pizza, he reminded me of what I am. He reminded me that I'm 7 foot tall, that I'm 500 pounds, that I should take this business by the neck and strangle it for every friggin thing I can get out of it. Now where can I do that? ECW. It makes sense to me. All the times I follow the rules, the rules bite me in the ass. Now I'm going where there aren't any rules. It's extreme. You haven't seen anything yet. You haven't seen me pissed, and you haven't seen me extreme. ECW fans, I'm coming...I'm coming like a tornado. I'll handcuff lightning and I'll throw thunder's ass in jail. Watch me.

Note that Show says all this without raising his voice at all.

Big Show wasn't hungry on Raw? Man they must have had a twinkie truck following him around all the time ;)

Reason works for me though *Thumbs up*

how soon before Kane, his clone and the Boogeyman debut on "ECW On Sci-Fi"?

Kane 1 might be retiring soon, so it'd have to be sometime soon.

Kane 2 we don't know what he's doing.

Boogeyman...well, Heyman got him over in OVW.

hey, with Gangrel supposedly going there, I was just trying to think of more sci-fi related guys.

With Big Show in ECW...

For some sick reason, I wanna see him try to do a top-rope splash.

Or how about the legendary moonsault that they say he used to to in training? :)

Also, I'm all for Boogeyman in ECW, if only to see what Heyman does to him. I could see the fans being into the guy huge like they were in OVW.

From PWInsider:

I talked to a number of people from WWE about last night's show and everyone that I spoke with is feeling very good about it. A lot of people were praising Vince McMahon for letting the show be a true ECW style event, with an edginess and "ECW rules" atmosphere that isn't found on Raw or Smackdown. Vince certainly made the call to open things up and people noticed. He should be put over for that because he could have just as easily made it a WWE-styled show. I am not saying it will stay this way forever, but for one night, the product was exactly what it needed to be.

I was also told that that WWE talent that worked the show had a ball doing so and enjoyed working in the ECW style atmosphere. A lot of folks in the company that were skeptical about the brand's chances after Raw on Monday now have a feeling of cautious optimism that the company will actually allow ECW to be the different type of product that it needs to be to truly succeed.

A number of people have emailed me asking if Jerry Lawler really hates ECW and if him and Tazz were shooting when they got into their confrontation last night. To answer the second question first, no they weren't shooting. The word going around at the show was that they knew they had to work snug to sell it as being "a real fight brought on by real issues". Let's face it, when two guys are working a fight it's obvious that they are, and the goal here was to make people think that they really hated each other and started fighting because of it. It worked. Also, Lawler is just doing his job extremely well when he rags on ECW. The fact that people thinks he hates the company proves that.

And for those of you who missed it last night, Denise & Doug Davis sent this off air report from the show.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito

Shelton says that if he doesn't beat Carlito in 15 minutes, he will hand him the Interncontinental belt. Shelton Benjamin wins with a rollup using the ropes and pulling the tights in 14:40.

Matt Hardy vs. John Bolden

Matt Hardy wins with a Twist of Fate in 4:00.

Jimmy Yang (who is now a cowboy) vs. Tatanka

Jimmy Yang wins with his feet on the ropes in 5:00.

After the Matt Hardy match, Todd Grisham introduced a video package for Dusty Rhodes' DVD. Dusty then came down the the ring and gave a long and entertaining promo regarding his children with no shoes needing you to buy his DVD and being passionate about funky monkeys.

With Big Show in ECW...

For some sick reason, I wanna see him try to do a top-rope splash.

Or how about the legendary moonsault that they say he used to to in training? :)

Of course he weighed a lot less back then.

Will Kane run the storyline everyone thought the Ultimate Warrior was doing? Just keep him under a mask and keep replacing him every few years around May 19th and have the one that was under the mask take a few weeks off and then re-debut as a big man that now has considerable ring time under his belt and hell, he can feud with the new Kane for a while.

"Dude, there's been like 5 Kane's. Glen Jacobs died in a motorcycle crash in like 99, or steroids or some shit. Oh, and you hear this new one changed his name to Kane Kane?"