TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO "WWE .VS. ECW Special" Thread - June/7th/06.

Mamaluke has to be the biggest no-name in that ring and that says alot with Credible and Guido next to him.

And man, he just went out pretty badly..at least he could have really hurt his legs

Tatanka is TEAM WWE!

Good to know.

In the future, are you gonna be calling it ECWF or something, since you like saying WWE?

Ever since the name changed I've always refered to it as WWE..I dont know why they didnt go with the name myself..I even often say WWE although I often have to break down and say "WWe".. I like the little e too because Im not to fond of the word Entertainment..

I think as far as ECW goes...it'll stay ECW.

Mamaluke has to be the biggest no-name in that ring and that says alot with Credible and Guido next to him.

And man, he just went out pretty badly..at least he could have really hurt his legs

He's a jobber everywhere. He was jobbing in ROH before he was called up to be a major league jobber.

Being heatless in the new ECW is better than being heatless in RoH i suppose

God this is boring. I thought ECW was supposed to be less sports entertainment and more wrestling?

No matter what people think, or even what people want to think, everyone has to realize that no matter what, ECW IS WWE.

Exactly... and I give them props for trying something different but this whole ECW thing is a mess.

I like how the people they've announced as appearing at the PPV so far are as follows:

John Cena- WWE guy

RVD- WWE guy

Kurt Angle- WWE guy

Randy Orton- WWE guy

Tazz- WWE guy

Jerry Lawler- WWE guy

Edge- WWE guy

Mick Foley- WWE guy

Tommy Dreamer- WWE guy

Terry Funk- associated with ECW, sure, but the appeal here is more his coming out of retirement and the Foley/Funk history rather than the fact that he was really an ECW fixture

Rey Mysterio- WWE guy

Sabu- the only non-WWE guy to be seen

So basically this whole ECW thing boils down to "well, we signed Sabu."

I don't understand how this idea is supposed to succeed. The "new" ECW is a bunch of people we've seen on WWE programming for years, and a bunch of scrubs no one in their right mind has ever cared about in the first place (Balls Mahoney? Sandman? Really?).

I can't believe they're going through with this ridiculous idea.

God this is boring. I thought ECW was supposed to be less sports entertainment and more wrestling?

No matter what people think, or even what people want to think, everyone has to realize that no matter what, ECW IS WWE.

Exactly... and I give them props for trying something different but this whole ECW thing is a mess.

I like how the people they've announced as appearing at the PPV so far are as follows:

John Cena- WWE guy

RVD- WWE guy

Kurt Angle- WWE guy

Randy Orton- WWE guy

Tazz- WWE guy

Jerry Lawler- WWE guy

Edge- WWE guy

Mick Foley- WWE guy

Tommy Dreamer- WWE guy

Terry Funk- associated with ECW, sure, but the appeal here is more his coming out of retirement and the Foley/Funk history rather than the fact that he was really an ECW fixture

Rey Mysterio- WWE guy

I don't understand how this idea is supposed to succeed. The "new" ECW is a bunch of people we've seen on WWE programming for years, and a bunch of scrubs no one in their right mind has ever cared about in the first place (Balls Mahoney? Sandman? Really?).

...and yet you continue to watch the WWE / ECW special...

interesting.

Being heatless in the new ECW is better than being heatless in RoH i suppose

being on tv means something.

As far as them saving a Sandman entrance for the PPV............is Sandman even wrestling Sunday?

Sandman/Show is unannounced but it'll probably get set up here.

John Cena- WWE guy

RVD- WWE guy

Kurt Angle- WWE guy

Randy Orton- WWE guy

Tazz- WWE guy

Jerry Lawler- WWE guy

Edge- WWE guy

Mick Foley- WWE guy

Tommy Dreamer- WWE guy

Rey Mysterio- WWE guy

Same thing happened last year, people were worried it would get watered down with Raw and Smackdown coming in

It's a point well taken, but you will never convince me of anything otherwise of Dreamer = ECW.

Dreamer is the eptiome of ECW, IMO.