TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
godthedog

albums you own but have never listened to

not albums you LEARN not to listen to all the way through after finding that large parts of them suck (eg., 'hail to the thief'), but albums where you've never gotten to that learning point for one reason or another.

i've set out 3 or 4 times to listen to ol' dirty bastard's 'return to the 36 chambers' all the way through, but i've never maintained enough interest to keep going past track 10 or so.

i don't think i've ever heard disc 2 of 'sign o' the times' all the way through. i've heard every track on it, mostly in bits and pieces after learning i would never sit down and listen to it from beginning to end.

to this day, i have no idea what the last 2 or 3 tracks on the avalanches' 'since i left you' sound like. i suspect they sound almost exactly like the first 15.

Guest Felonies!

I listen to "Senses Working Overtime" now and then but I never bother with the rest of English Settlement. I have no idea why I have Music Has the Right to Children, as I rarely touch it.

You should bother with it. I think you'd love it.

I've only listened to What's Going On once. This one might be closer to gtd's Hail to the Thief situation, because now I generally listen to the first two tracks and "Mercy Mercy Me." I also have never listened to all of disc 2 on New Order's Substance, but I'm not sure that really counts since it's just the b-sides.

I gave up on Bob Dylan's The Times They Are A'Changin' after about 7 tracks and never touched it again.

The entirety of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath has eluded me.

Somehow, Ok Computer has never recieved a full listen, although I have heard every track.

First time I heard Hunky Dory I didn't like it and stopped after a few tracks, now I love virtually every track on it but have somehow never listened to them all at once.

I apparentely don't have the patience for both discs of The Wall , or The Beatles in a single sitting.

Guest Felonies!

I haven't gotten through Cold Roses, and I doubt I ever will. I'm not sure that I'd be a Ryan Adams fan. His cheekbones are too perfect for him to really be TOO depressed, so there's always this disingenuous feeling to anything I listen to by him.

Guest Felonies!
I haven't gotten through Cold Roses, and I doubt I ever will. I'm not sure that I'd be a Ryan Adams fan. His cheekbones are too perfect for him to really be TOO depressed, so there's always this disingenuous feeling to anything I listen to by him.

Upon reading this, I realized how flippant and inconsiderate I came off, and I feel bad. It's like I've said before, anyone can have depression about anything; what seems inconsequential to one person may be crucial to another, and we have to respect that. Just because Mr. Adams happens to look like a Gap model does not mean he's a mannequin. He has feelings too, and he has his own trials and travails to deal with in life, and it's ignorant and coldhearted to let something as superficial as his appearance dictate whether he is worthy of suffering as much as others. I apologize.

Still never gonna get through a Ryan Adams album, though

I don't think that Cold Roses is a depressing album at all. I can see not liking it based on individual tastes, but he sounds far from depressed on it. I was thinking that it would be too hippie for people here, not to depressed.

I haven;t ever worked my way through Smile by Brian Wilson. Every time I put it on, I hear him and his band sounding like the Beach Boys and it just makes me sad that his brothers are dead and he couldn't get along with Mike Love and the other fellow whose name escapes me right now. I also hardly ever listen to Pet Sounds because it's so unlike anything else the Beach Boys did, and I know why, he wanted a Sgt. Pepper, but just not my thing.

I haven;t ever worked my way through Smile by Brian Wilson. Every time I put it on, I hear him and his band sounding like the Beach Boys and it just makes me sad that his brothers are dead and he couldn't get along with Mike Love and the other fellow whose name escapes me right now.

Never post in this folder again.

I haven;t ever worked my way through Smile by Brian Wilson. Every time I put it on, I hear him and his band sounding like the Beach Boys and it just makes me sad that his brothers are dead and he couldn't get along with Mike Love and the other fellow whose name escapes me right now.

Never post in this folder again.

Why? Because I can't remember the fifth member of the Beach Boys? I haven't read up on them for a few years, but here, I'll look up the name if it makes you happy. Al Jardine, that's his name.

Guest Felonies!
I also hardly ever listen to Pet Sounds because it's so unlike anything else the Beach Boys did, and I know why, he wanted a Sgt. Pepper

Pet Sounds came first, dullard.

I also hardly ever listen to Pet Sounds because it's so unlike anything else the Beach Boys did, and I know why, he wanted a Sgt. Pepper

Everybody knows that Brian Wilson was a master at time travel...jerk!

I don't think I've successfully listened to the first Radiohead CD the whole way through, but I've heard all the songs.

Guest J0bber

Thanks to the shuffle button on my iPod I rarely listen to albums all the way through now, except when I first get them. As for albums I own but never listen to:

Nonpoint's Statement

Sepultura's Nation

Are either of these worth giving a listen?

Come on, White Light/White Heat isn't that great.

Anyway, London Calling, The Bends and the Travis albums I own. Admittedly, Travis aren't very good.

Everybody knows that Brian Wilson was a master at time travel...jerk!

I don't think I've successfully listened to the first Radiohead CD the whole way through, but I've heard all the songs.

Pardon me, then, I apologize for getting my albums crossed. Again, it's been a while since I read up on this stuff.

A CKY album (I don't know why I thought that was a good idea to buy that. I must have gone overboard with my brief Jackass fanaticism). I listened to five songs. Not horrible for its type of music, overall very eh.

Fozzy-Happenstance. Listened to like three songs. Again I went overboard with my Chris Jericho fanaticism. The man can't sing that well.

I bought a Tears for Fears Greatest Hits album but two or three days after I bought it, just as I was going to listen to it, I couldn't find it.