TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 6/12 - 6/18

Some dude on the O's just had a ball stuck in the back of his jersey as it rolled up his sleeve. That was awesome.

And we just got a run on an obstruction call. That was even more awesome.

Marlins swept the Jays. :)

8 in a row now. If Braves lose tonight they will be getting passed. Whooooo.

The only 2 reasons I watch non-Astro related Cubs games is to hear Len and Bob diplomatically say that their team blows and to see the celebrities get drunk and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". I think Jeremy Piven called somebody a bitch. Chris Burke is money, baby.

I missed most of the Detroit/Cubs series this weekend, and only caught the game today after the second inning. Was Prior just not ready to come off the DL?

Well, for Detroit that makes four wins in a row and 8 out of 9. Rogers got his 200th win today. I also see Shelton is starting to come back around. He went into a bit of a slump after his great start. Seems the Tigers are winning most of the series they play,but losing the three series in a row to some of the top teams a little while back(NY,Bos,Chi).

And yes, Rod Allen is terrible. A few years ago they had Josh Lewin and Kirk Gibson for the FSN TV. They were great, and reasonably unbiased calling the games. Since this was also the time of some of the worst teams put on the field, Gibson was great in that he didn't pull any punches or try to put a spin on how bad the team was.

Brewers win on a walk-off home run from Carlos Lee. Thanks to XM, I got Uecker's call.

After the Indians failed to score in the ninth, I knew it was over. Their pen is just so bad.

Was Prior just not ready to come off the DL?

I'll be optimistic for once and say that despite getting shelled, the lack of spring training or a real start this season means there's still some rust. It certainly helped the wind was rapidly blowing out; some of those homers barely got out of there.

And yes, Rod Allen is terrible. A few years ago they had Josh Lewin and Kirk Gibson for the FSN TV. They were great, and reasonably unbiased calling the games. Since this was also the time of some of the worst teams put on the field, Gibson was great in that he didn't pull any punches or try to put a spin on how bad the team was.

I didn't mind him too much when the team was average, but now that they're great, he reminds me of the pompus fan who rubs it in your face when the team does well. Some of his reactions to the homers in the first were embarrassing.

I missed it, but I guess the guy who sang for the 7th inning stretch was wasted and called the Cubs fans "bitches."

Brewers have certainly been clutch lately, getting two walk-off wins in a row. Plus, Koskie and Prince Fielder both had homers today, in addition to Carlos Lee's 23rd homer of the year to win the game. Just one more win, and they're back at .500 (finally).

0-6 against the Rockies and Marlins. Damn that 1993 expansion.

Damn that National League. Toronto would be in first if not for them.

At least the Yankees and Sox are having their own problems against the dregs of the NL East.

Guest Smues

Bullpen blowing another game (5th blown lead for John Smoltz by the bullpen this season) + Jon Miller's "Wilson Betameat" makes this quite the painful game to watch.

At least the Yankees and Sox are having their own problems against the dregs of the NL East.

The Sawx are close to a weekend sweep against the Bravos. They took two of three from the Phils last month as well. 5-1 record in interleague isn't that much of a problem...

The Sawx are close to a weekend sweep against the Bravos. They took two of three from the Phils last month as well. 5-1 record in interleague isn't that much of a problem...

Whoa, the Sox won Saturday? I thought they'd lost. And they were losing when I turned the game off last night. Dammit.