TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brian

Ultimate Fighter 3 Finale Thread

Damn Bisping is a beast. That was utter domination. Bisping threw out some crazy moves. Reverse rear naked choke? Reverse arm-bar into a kimura?

I said it before and I'll say it again, easily the best standup out of any TUF fighter and maybe the best overall fighter. Really impressive. Efficient and deadly.

If that armbar does not have a name already then they should call it the Britisha or British-mura.

Josh making it to the finals was a fluke, I thought he lost his decision in his first fight on TUF, and he was being dominated by Jesse until Jesse gassed. He certainly was not impressive at all. Basically he was lucky and had weak competition.

As far as Herman/Kendall goes, both have a lot of potential. Herman really got gassed fighting through the various subs, if he can learn to avoid it will help a lot. Kudos to him for fighting through all of them but he was caught in a half dozen legit sub attempts.

What makes you think Herman is a better prospect than Kendall when Kendall beat him?

Kendall reminds me of Nick Diaz kinda, but smarter and more aggressive. Nick's problem is that he is too dumb to gameplan sometimes and also doesn't push the fight enough. That's why I think Grove will be more successful.

I loved seeing Matt take it as much as everybody but LHW champ in two years? Gimme a fucking break. Anybody in that division with an ounce of standup would kill him. Dude's got a terrible stance.

What makes you think Herman is a better prospect than Kendall when Kendall beat him?

Kendall reminds me of Nick Diaz kinda, but smarter and more aggressive. Nick's problem is that he is too dumb to gameplan sometimes and also doesn't push the fight enough. That's why I think Grove will be more successful.

Because I think if Ed had better conditioning(which i believe he'll get being in the UFC now) he'd have submitted Kendall later in the fight.

I just don't buy Kendall yet(or Ed for that matter) when it comes to facing any of the halfway decent middleweights in the UFC. And let's not even talk about them fighting Rich Franklin. The Nate Quarry fight would look like an all-out war compared to what Franklin could do to Herman and Grove.

I'm a little bit late to this party, but I thought that was an exciting night of fights up until Kenny Florian beat up a tomato can and then celebrated like he'd just developed a cure for cancer and AIDS in the same night.

Jardine got a well deserved decision, but dude's skin is paper thin. He can't keep fighting for long in the UFC if every punch leads to a crimson mask. The Brazilian dude gassed out during the break between the 1st and 2nd round which sucks for him since he nearly had a 10-8 first round.

I think Kendall clearly won his fight 29-28, though I was pretty sure Chris Leben II was going to get the decision just because he appeared more aggressive to the judges who usually know nothing about subs from the bottom. I was impressed that Ed didn't complain about the scoring of the match and showed respect for his opponent, though I could have done without the repeated shots of his mother throughout the fight.

Bisping killing Josh dead for about 9 minutes :wub: If the UFC play their cards right he could be a huge star for them. The guy went balls out for the whole fight and didn't really look tired afterwards. I'd love to see him fight Bonnar, Griffin or Matt.

Stout is far from a tomato can. I also am not one of those Canadians that hugged his nuts either, I figured he was gonna lose. Florian can make some noise, but too bad Sherk will dryhump his way to a title. Florian beat Chris Leben, whose a top ten guy at MW, maybe top fifteen, while Florian's a natural 155'er. He's a *great* fighter.

Herman would not have submitted him later in the fight, a better argument can be made that Kendall would have done so, considering that he only needed ten more seconds to finish the choke.

Kendall is far removed from his beating at the hands of Riggs. He's not nearly as green and he will only get better training at Big Bear. That fight happens again and Kendall takes it IMO. That is an example of a halfway decent MW. Also, your comparison of Quarry's fight is crazy, as that was about as one-sided a beating and as definitive a finish as I've ever seen in MMA. Quarry was COMPLETELY outclassed, essentially getting knocked out twice in three minutes with the last one being the most brutal I think I've seen, right up there with the Mezger "LOOK AT HIS LEG" KO. Also, it's unfair to just want one of these guys to fight the champ at this point, seeing how they are essentially all minor league prospects and no one would be stupid enough to take a guy making a UFC debut and put him in there with the champ.

I think I did mention it. Anyway yeah that was weird, like he tapped out then realized the choke wasn't in that deep.

I forgot to mention Bisping's conditioning, yeah it did appear great. He went full bore for 9 minutes and looked like he had plenty left. Of course barely getting hit helps that but still.

That tap is going to be debated for a long time because of a two things....

1) How many times Kendall "tapped". 3 times is the rule and that only looks like 2 but some are taking it as 3.

2) Ed changed positions and so did the hold right after the alleged "tap" so it would be difficult to judge whether or not Kendall would've continued tapping if they'd have stayed in the same position.

Paragon I was saying that because Hawk earlier in the thread was saying that Kendall was a dangerous competitor at 185 and a title contender.

I was saying that if he fought Rich Franklin(since some people seem to think he's a contender) then what happened to Nate Quarry wouldn't look that bad because I think Rich would hand Kendall his ass hard.

Yeah Kendall has no chance against Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, Nathan Marquardt, or David Loiseau. But I think with a few more wins for experence he will be a threat in years to come. Espically if he continues to work with Tito.

I think he would have a good chance to beat Swick, Leben, and possibly Evan Tanner. But there is no use to have him fight veterans like them.

Give him a Joe Riggs fight right now, because I think Kendall would KO him now a days/

I see no reason whatsoever to think Matt Hamil will not be a force for the LHW title in two years given how far he's gotten so quickly. FUck, the guy is an AMAZING wrestler, and if nothing else he can just take people down and pound the shit out of them for the win. In his fight with Nickels, he showed nothing but heart. He had no standup skill at all, but he kept coming with a fucked up arm and beat the fight out of him for two rounds. In his fight with Jesse, he MAULED him standing. That wasn't blind heart, he grabbed onto his head with his freakish strength and just beat the piss out of him. Then got him down and beat the piss out of him there. Jesse's an accomplished wrestler too, and should have been able to do something, ANYTHING, but he couldn't do anything to Matt.

Saying he'll be a force for the title, or champion in two years at the rate he's going training with Team Punishment, and seemingly being Tito's protege is not a leap by any stretch of the imagination. Matt shows no fear of submissions, or striking. He's like a bear, he just keeps coming for you. Perhaps saying he'll be champ in two years was a bit much, but that he'll be in UFC's top five? I don't think so. Then again, it's MMA. Anything can happen I suppose.

Either you read my comment and ignored it or you want to see Matt die in the octagon (I'm picking A). That is NOT how you hold your hands if you're hoping to not get a broken nose or concussion.

Note: I'm not sure if Hawk52 was the one who made the original comment about Matt so it's not a knock on him or anything. But seriously, he has a long ways to go before he's title material. Or not. It all depends on how much he commits to improving his standup game. The one thing I can say he has going for him is that punches (or at least the ones Nickels and Forbes threw at him) don't really faze him that much.

Guest Brian

Ed's coming up to Seattle with Leben to get his shoulder looked at. Just for a second opinion, but Dr. Chris up here does the surgeries for all the northwest athletes. He banged it up during the show.

We're sick of your excuses, Brian.

If anything you need to bitch more about how Kendall tapped out. Maybe even go visit Mazzagatti and punch him out. That'd help I'd bet.

Guest Brian

Leben and I will mount his mini-motorcycle, knock down Mazzagatti's door, and piss on his wife.

Either you read my comment and ignored it or you want to see Matt die in the octagon (I'm picking A). That is NOT how you hold your hands if you're hoping to not get a broken nose or concussion.

Note: I'm not sure if Hawk52 was the one who made the original comment about Matt so it's not a knock on him or anything. But seriously, he has a long ways to go before he's title material. Or not. It all depends on how much he commits to improving his standup game. The one thing I can say he has going for him is that punches (or at least the ones Nickels and Forbes threw at him) don't really faze him that much.

*walks up to Chuck with his hands down(seriously why does he hold them down while he fights?)*

"Tee-tow said I'm teh basht!"

*WHAM FACE KICK!*

Yeah that's what would happen.....

I actually question Matt's mental toughness, and his ability to adapt to MMA relatively late in his life.

In other words, he's no Josh Koscheck.

I think we all can agree on one thing about Matt Hamill: Him jumping into Tito's arms after he found out he won was far and away the feel-good MMA moment of 2006 so far, soon to be replaced by St. Pierre drubbing Hughes en route to being the new champ.

I think we all can agree on one thing about Matt Hamill: Him jumping into Tito's arms after he found out he won was far and away the feel-good MMA moment of 2006 so far, soon to be replaced by St. Pierre drubbing Hughes en route to being the new champ.

I think you should add in Montreal :)

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for that. I don't look forward to possibly quitting a job or missing out on school time so I can go to Montreal that weekend but having said that there's no way I'd miss this show for anything.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for that. I don't look forward to possibly quitting a job or missing out on school time so I can go to Montreal that weekend but having said that there's no way I'd miss this show for anything.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

If it's in MTL, I'm going to be missing atleast a week of school for it. Which will fuck me up, but I will likely catch up.

I think you should add in Montreal :)

Oh, that's just asking for Dana to run in yelling "Blow the fucking horn!"

BTW, GSP looked pretty pissed at Stout after that tapout.

I don't understand why people are so high on Koschek. He still has no standup and no ability to finish on the ground.

His fight with Fickett (?) was the perfect illustration. He dominated but had no ability to end the fight, then lost in the last 20 seconds.

His style is still very much get his opponent down then wonder what to do.

I don't understand why people are so high on Koschek. He still has no standup and no ability to finish on the ground.

His fight with Fickett (?) was the perfect illustration. He dominated but had no ability to end the fight, then lost in the last 20 seconds.

His style is still very much get his opponent down then wonder what to do.

No ability to finish on the ground?

You do realize since the TUF season 1, he's finished all his fights apart from the Fickett fight?