TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

Decent Wrestling T-Shirts

Typically the best wrestling t-shirts are ones that hardly give the impression that you are a wrestling fan. Thus they can be worn in public.

They're kinda hard to come across, but I've seen a few in my day. The two wrestler shirts that PWG sells are absolutely bad ass, especially Excalibur's. PWG pretty much destroy everybody at graphic design though. Also, Claudio Castagnoli and Nigel McGuinness' shirts are pretty cool.

WWE can't put together a shirt to save their lives. Actually, the brown Eddie Guerrero tribute shirt is nice, minus the ugly logo on the back. Edge's new shirt looks like it's covered in bird shit or jizz or something, but the "Sex and Violence" part is pretty rockin'. I would never, ever wear it as it is now though.

What do you think?

<---------

I've never owned too many wrestling shirts. I had a "RAW IS WAR" t-shirt from '98...also had a _talking_ Stone Cold Steve Austin t-shirt...it had this little battery pack that connected to four points on the front of the shirt, and if you pushed one you'd hear one of his catch phrases. I was never too brave to wear that one in public (I think my mom bought it for me for Christmas one year).

About the only one I'll still wear occasionally is my "Badstreet USA" one...it's the vintage black one with the red logo. Most people assume it's a band shirt or something.

One I used to like was an old 1998 RVD shirt, the one with the turquoise letters. It was different from the usual bleak black ECW shirts of the time period.

I've got a shirt with the Crazy MAX logo on the front and it just has "Crazy MAX" on the back in small-ish letters. I wear it a lot

I'm still wearing my Lance Storm T from '99. And I still have my EC FN W shirts, which I wore faithfully, up to and including ONS.

EDIT: I'm also in the works to buy my buddies old Sandman "Drunk 24:7" shirt, which his girlfriend wore into the Wal*Mart Electronics I work at (Electronics Coalition of Wal*Mart, we call it) the day of ONS '05...while Enter Sandman was playing on the radio.

I liked Eddies "License to steal" one from last year that was a Grand Theft Auto cover ripoff (both the lettering on the front and the cartoon-esque pics on the back) wish I had got that one.

I have never owned an official wrestling shirts, just the ones youd get in stores back when wrestling was cool (Hell I still have a 2000 DX shirt- It has the HHH/Steph/XPAC/OUTLAWS/Torri on it)

My fav was an Austin 3:16 shirt which was light grey with blue lettering (cool look to it)

Guest Hadley

How about the "hells henchmen" apa shirts? If anything they were less embarrasing than the infamous "always pounding ass" shirt.

The DX shirt (the original one, that they've reissued now), the NWO shirt, the Austin 3:16...basically all the shirts with the simple logos/phrases are the best route to go.

The only wrestling shirts I wear semi-regularly are my Captain Charisma one, the TNA Team Canada (the updated white version with the red ringer), and the Rated R Superstar shirt.

I got a cheap knock-off DX shirt that's just the logo on the front without the dumbass shit on the back while I was in Myrtle Beach once. It's one of only two wrestling shirts I have that I regularly wear along with the Captain Charisma one. The original Deadman Inc. shirt isn't that bad either.

I got a cheap knock-off DX shirt that's just the logo on the front without the dumbass shit on the back while I was in Myrtle Beach once. It's one of only two wrestling shirts I have that I regularly wear along with the Captain Charisma one. The original Deadman Inc. shirt isn't that bad either.

I had one with abigger dx logo and the names of the members (98 face version) printed on the parts of the giant X

I think the Colt Cabana shirt I have is good news, just a yellow smiley face with a bandana on with "Cabanarama!" written on it. Nothing obvious on it to non-fans that it's a wrestling shirt. It's very eighties. I have a jacket that matches the colour scheme of the shirt as well, the shirt and jacket together look sweet.

I see no problem wearing my John Cena "Hustle Loyalty Respect" shirt, and my Ric Flair "Dirtiest Player in the Game" shirt. I still occaisionally wear my JBL Shirtand my Hogan shirt, but I've pretty much retired my Captain Charisma shirt. I tend to buy at least one shirt whenever I go to a show, and I have a pretty decent collection now.

I liked the nWo shirts. Both the Hollywood and Wolfpack versions were so simple in design, yet so effective. Until I dropped a lot of weight, I would still occasionally wear my '97 Sting shirt. It had "STING" in a thick blue font in the middle of the shirt, with Sting standing in the middle with his arms spread. I still wear my HHH "iron cross" shirt every now and then.

Only shirt I have now is a Gateway Championship Wrestling shirt but my previous wrestling shirts included

A Sting shirt that was one half Crow Sting and the other have Wolfpac Sting

A nWo Wolfpac shirt with Sting, Nash, Hall, Luger, and Savage [i think]

Hulk Hogan and Bugs Bunny

A New Age Outlaws shirt

And a Goldberg shirt

I don't think of the problem as being identifiable as a wrestling fan, it's a matter of aethetics. Most WWE shirts are just really busy and ugly.

I've rocked a banana-yellow 'Hulkamania' shirt a couple times. Of course, Hulk is kitsch at this point.

The best 'busy' shirt was the Sandman "Blood Sweat and Beers" Budweiser log knock-off. Can't find a picture of it online, but it was sweet.

For me it began and ended with the classic black'n'white nWo shirt. That was the only wrestling shirt I ever owned, and I ceased wearing it about the time WCW went under.