TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest J0bber

Post Your Unpopular Political Opinions

Does anyone really like Myspace anymore? I got sick of it after about two weeks on it. Most people's sites on it are freaking kaleidoscope abominations with the latest hit single playing in the background (or worse, an entire music video), and it's become just another advertising avenue for corporate America. Plus, I keep getting inundated with requests from "single white girl new to Myspace...check out my webcam", etc.

Also, I think we should almost completely privatize the space program. NASA can oversee things like the FAA oversees domestic flights, but that's about all they should do.

The Myspace comment was a follow-up on the original post...sorry, should've been more specific.

Well, I think scientific research in space, is in fact, in the national interest. I think it would be better driven by the private sector, though. Plus, it wouldn't be tax payer funded (for the most part).

The Myspace comment was a follow-up on the original post...sorry, should've been more specific.

Well, I think scientific research in space, is in fact, in the national interest. I think it would be better driven by the private sector, though. Plus, it wouldn't be tax payer funded (for the most part).

I would agree with you here. NASA is meaningless. It makes me think of those stories on FARK about "Having solved ALL the worlds problems..."

Plus, I could really do without having to ever hear about another Space Shuttle Disaster.

Please don't get rid of my liqour and tobacco! I need it to get through the day!

Also we should move all of the women that are PMSing and move them to Massachusets and rename it PMSuchucsets.

All Kennedy's should not be allowed to drive motorized vehicles.

All federal prisoners should be forced to work on interstate road construction during the summer time. It would be cheap labor and it would keep them busy.

PETA members should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Prayer should be allowed in school. C'mon like you never prayed before you took a test so you could pass it.

Please don't get rid of my liqour and tobacco! I need it to get through the day!

Also we should move all of the women that are PMSing and move them to Massachusets and rename it PMSuchucsets.

All Kennedy's should not be allowed to drive motorized vehicles.

All federal prisoners should be forced to work on interstate road construction during the summer time. It would be cheap labor and it would keep them busy.

PETA members should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Prayer should be allowed in school. C'mon like you never prayed before you took a test so you could pass it.

Please....Massacusetts has enough crazy ladies in it as it is. My general philosophy is leave people alone if they're not bugging you. And you can pray in a school, all that you cannot have done is have a teacher/coach say "Okay, everyone, we're going to say a Hail Mary now" or something along that line

Guest J0bber

I don't believe prayer was ever banned in school as I often prayed in my public schools without getting into any trouble over it. If it was, I think it is just kind of one of those rules that most schools let slide or didn't want to touch with a 40 foot pole.

You're right, I haven't.

The rule is that you can have prayer in school as long as the school does not sanction it. The students are allowed to do it as long as the teacher or principal does not say "ok kids, it's time to pray."

The rule is that you can have prayer in school as long as the school does not sanction it. The students are allowed to do it as long as the teacher or principal does not say "ok kids, it's time to pray."

The only people who ever claimed prayer was banned in school were either a few school administrators who didn't know any better or right-wingers who wanted to have an issue to scare their constituents with.

Paul Martin was an excellent PM for the shit party he had.

Unless you're a member of the Canadian Alliance (:P), that's not a very unpopular opinion, I've found. Most seem to side with me that Martin was left with a hell of a mess that Chretien left. (See Kim Campbell and Brian Mulroney).

Mine:

I'd love to see the death penalty legal.

I also think we need a woman as a Prime Minister

I also think we need a woman as a Prime Minister

I actually know a lot of women who would wholeheartedly disagree with that one.

Parole and (especially) statutory release should be abolished. If you say you're locking someone up for 20 years, LOCK HIM UP FOR 20 YEARS. None of this "OK, it's been 7 years, you can go now if you promise to behave" shit.

I like that people in this thread are alteast forcing people to try and back up their opinions, and it isn't just a log of bullshit comments.

As for an unpopular opinion: I think Chris Shays should run for Pres in 08 and might possible swing away Dem votes from the Northeast. Seeing as he is not a "Bush Republican".

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Tax the churches.

They (clergy/parishoners) can vote, therefore it's not without representation. They've already got their dicks in the mouths of government anyway, so it should cost 'em like everyone else.

Al Gore is cool. Seriously, he's really cool.

So is Dole.

Your first statement isn't a political statement at all jobber, it's a personal statement. You don't like gay people? That's your right. What do you want to do? Ban gay marriage? Ban gay sex? round them up and try to 'cure' them?

And yes all that terrible music censorship. I don't remember a significant case where a federal lawsuit hurt a band since the Dead Kennedys/HR Giger debacle. Unless you just want cursing on the radio.

And I hate MTV as well, but you want to ban a successful pricate enterprise, why? Because you don't like teeny-bopper music? Join the club. But for all your I LOVE AMERICA nonsense you sure want to ban a lot of shit based on it simply bugging you.

You don't like MySpace? Just don't fucking GO there. I never have.

But most of your opinions are merely personal, NOT political opinions that you just throw out there at random.

Marriage should be privatized and all marriage tax benefits should be eliminated.

Discuss.

Eventually, yes.

Two buddies in Saskatchewan got maried, despite not being gay. They just wanted the tax benefits to buy more beer.

Right now, it's fine, but if/when abuse of the system becomes a problem, I agree Tyler.

More people find 9/11 funny then you'd think.

*Deep exhalation*

Finally.

Yeah, just look at the "Loose Change: Second Edition" thread...