TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Spiderman 3 Trailer...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BxBi1zQzhAg&mod...easer%20trailer

This one seems to indicate they are going to use the animated series as the guideline for the origin of Venom, with it coming back on a moon rock sample, which will then fall into the hands of Doc Connor and be kept at his lab. Perhaps when the symbiote escapes Connor will lose his arm in the melee... wishful thinking, I know, but come on...

Actually, if you watch Spiderman 2 you'll notice Conners has already lost his arm.

I haven't watched it in a few months to be honest. Both times I did watch it I was pretty high and tired at a friend's house. So, my apologies for being an idiot and ignorant of this. :( My bad.

Still, I'd like to the symbiote bust out while Connors is working on a lizard serum experiment in another part of the lab or something along those lines, causing all kinds of bad shit to happen and leaving Connors in hospital with burns scabs that look like they are scaling over until the next flick when they can put him to use. The headline about Spider being a murderer could be down to someone seeing "some black thing crawling away over the rooftops" and then next thing they know Spidey is swinging around with a new costume so Jameson tries to frame up Spidey for Connors hospitalisation.

This one seems to indicate they are going to use the animated series as the guideline for the origin of Venom, with it coming back on a moon rock sample, which will then fall into the hands of Doc Connor and be kept at his lab. Perhaps when the symbiote escapes Connor will lose his arm in the melee... wishful thinking, I know, but come on...

Incidentally, I reckon whoever has leaked this footage and compiled these trailers is gonna have a hell of lawsuit on his hands. You can tell they lack the polish of being official trailers but watching the symbiote escape and then jump at the camera was awesome.

Not to mention the fact that it's fan-made and uses music from the Superman Returns trailers...

Incidentally, I reckon whoever has leaked this footage and compiled these trailers is gonna have a hell of lawsuit on his hands. You can tell they lack the polish of being official trailers but watching the symbiote escape and then jump at the camera was awesome.

Not to mention the fact that it's fan-made and uses music from the Superman Returns trailers...

That's already noted on the Youtube page. Like I said, whoever compiled this may have a hell of a lawsuit on their hands. Maybe two if someone goes after them for using the Superman music. But to be honest, I'm just pleased to see more footage even if it is kinda shoddily presented. Whether any of this footage of the symbiote escaping is actually in the film or purely the work of some fans with a lot of spare time, we'll have to see.

The first seems pretty legit though. So give me a break here, I swiped a link to bring you guys some actual Venom footage. Even if the second is a dud and the product of an overactive fan's imagination...

VENOM. :D

Im gutted if the venom footage isnt real. I wasnt expecting him to be in this film anyway, but he looked cool.

Still, the offical trailer is fuckin superb!

Im gutted if the venom footage isnt real. I wasnt expecting him to be in this film anyway, but he looked cool.

Still, the offical trailer is fuckin superb!

The first one I posted up has allegedly been shown in France and is apparently legit. You can tell simply by the footage as well as it's composition and editing. I mean I think it would be quite hard for them to get James Franco in for a fan made one let alone afford those effects.

The second, as it states on the Youtube page, is the work of some guy called Spidey8, hence the Superman music. Whether or not any of that footage is real I have no clue, but it looks pretty swank either way IMO. If it's not in the movie and just the work of one guy kudos to him I guess. He must have some pretty good software.

So does no one have anything to say about the new Goblin/Venom footage?

Is that Flash Thompson making out with Gwen Stacy while Pete looks on jealous?

It looks like there's a funeral too. Who for? I'm guessing Harry. It also looks like he will go for a ride with the basic Goblin gear as seen in the official teaser trailer before suiting up fully towards the end.

Both are fake. Though Venom looks great in the first one.

Are you serious? That shit was pretty convincing to me. This one looks quite convincing also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFMtravl-M...pider%20man%203

That second one is dubious but I think the original that started this thread, the first one I posted and this one all look legit to me.

As for getting taken by everything, I'm excited about the movie and saw this thread and have tried to contribute positively to it. It seems my efforts are for nought since rather than generating discussion all anyone can see fit to do is

As for the second one I posted up, it says on the page it's a fan produced one and since I am actually able to read I took it as that, although I do think that the symbiote slithering away looks awesome.

I am sorry I am not as all knowing as so many of you seem to be in regards to all of this, I've tried to supply what I have found, I haven't went to great lengths to try and validate everything I have found to satisfy the cynics here. While I am excited for the film's release, I'm not reading every single thing about it so pardon me. I was just trying to help out and provide some stuff others might not have seen. I may as well not have bothered it seems. Ah well, Next time I'll do you proud, chief, promise.

After all, this internet shit is serious business.

Man cameron, you sure do get taken by all the fake stuff that floats around out there.

I personally hope that Venom has nothing to do with being alien in any way. I just don't think it would fit too well in the movie series. I do however like the suit being sentient so maybe alien is the only way to go.

I like the Ultimate SpiderMan Venom origin, except there wasn't any explanation given for why the suit would be sentient.

the fakeness is killing me. these are clips of the first two movies that change the green goblin to look like "venom".

Nice try.

Seriously... someone actually bought this as being real? It's faker than hell.

the fakeness is killing me. these are clips of the first two movies that change the green goblin to look like "venom".

Nice try.

Seriously... someone actually bought this as being real? It's faker than hell.

..and honestly, if it wasn't fake.. then whoever was doing the mock up for Venom should be fired.

Are you serious? That shit was pretty convincing to me. This one looks quite convincing also.

That second one is dubious but I think the original that started this thread, the first one I posted and this one all look legit to me.

As for getting taken by everything, I'm excited about the movie and saw this thread and have tried to contribute positively to it. It seems my efforts are for nought since rather than generating discussion all anyone can see fit to do is

I am sorry I am not as all knowing as so many of you seem to be in regards to all of this, I've tried to supply what I have found, I haven't went to great lengths to try and validate everything I have found to satisfy the cynics here. While I am excited for the film's release, I'm not reading every single thing about it so pardon me. I was just trying to help out and provide some stuff others might not have seen. I may as well not have bothered it seems. Ah well, Next time I'll do you proud, chief, promise.

The one that started this thread (from the Apple web site) actually is the real trailer.

All the shots of Venom in the first one you posted look like they're from the Alien movies with some Venom eyes edited on and all the shots of Spiderman/Goblin/Mary Jane stuff were from the other 2 Spiderman movies (with his suit color changed in some cases). There were also shots from other movies in there (I noticed Die Hard, The Mummy, In Good Company).

Don't get all defensive just cause people pointed out that they're not real trailers/posters, you didn't do anything wrong or something.

Guest InuYasha
no doubt, the Spidey movies have just been done so well...not surprising considering he may be the most popular superhero of all time....or would that go to Superman or Batman? hmmmm

According to sales figures, Spider-Man is #1. Stan Lee even says so in the Mutants, Monsters & Marvels bonus DVD from the Spider-Man gift set.

The one that started this thread (from the Apple web site) actually is the real trailer.

All the shots of Venom in the first one you posted look like they're from the Alien movies with some Venom eyes edited on and all the shots of Spiderman/Goblin/Mary Jane stuff were from the other 2 Spiderman movies (with his suit color changed in some cases). There were also shots from other movies in there (I noticed Die Hard, The Mummy, In Good Company).

Don't get all defensive just cause people pointed out that they're not real trailers/posters, you didn't do anything wrong or something.

I'm not defensive, I just tried my best to help contribute but it seems my contributions weren't much use it seems since I'm not as analytical or informed as most you lot on these trailers and their content. I was just trying to add something new to the thread to keep the discussion going.

It fooled me at first but once they pointed out all the footage that was spliced in there you could tell if you looked for it.

I'm hoping they don't do Venom in this one except for a last shot. I think they should give Spidey some time to develop throughout the whole movie with the costume.

In the comics did he have a cloth version of the black costume? Because I know he wore it for a long time and Kraven wore it too.

In the comics did he have a cloth version of the black costume? Because I know he wore it for a long time and Kraven wore it too.

Yes he did. He used it for a while after defeating the symbiote but stopped wearing it after fighting Venom for the first time, as MJ was freaked out by the costume (ASM #300)

no doubt, the Spidey movies have just been done so well...not surprising considering he may be the most popular superhero of all time....or would that go to Superman or Batman? hmmmm

According to sales figures, Spider-Man is #1. Stan Lee even says so in the Mutants, Monsters & Marvels bonus DVD from the Spider-Man gift set.

Yeah but Stan Lee is the King of outrageous hyperbole that is in no way realistic or anywhere near the truth, so take what he says with a grain of salt. It's kind of his M.O.

Plus no one has any clue whatsovever how many comics actually sold back in the 60s and 70s after Spider-Man began. Hell I think a formal system for counting comic sales (like movies and music) was only implemented like 5 years ago.

Plus Superman and Batman have a good 30 years of sales before Spider-Man actually came along.

Yes he did. He used it for a while after defeating the symbiote but stopped wearing it after fighting Venom for the first time, as MJ was freaked out by the costume (ASM #300)

Which makes me wonder (and this is from me looking through Wikipedia once or twice about it)...

How come Spider-Girl is wearing the black costume now?

{Spider-Girl is an alternate/possible future daughter of Spider-Man and Mary Jane in a comic line. I was looking for pictures for a friend, who follows the series.}

Mother of God!

I come back from vacation and see one of the best teaser trailers that I have ever seen for a movie that I have been anticipating since the first movie.

That was one helluva long running sentence.

Oh well.

:D

That's pretty badass. (of course, so is the classic black suit.) I always thought, in the comics, that Spidey should have taken up the Spider-Girl/Ben Reilly Spider-Man suit.

It looks far better, but is instantly recognizable as Spider-Man. It's just a more dynamic suit, w/o that stupid fat tick on the back.

BenSpiderLegs.gif

I mean, that's a really cool suit, with minimal changes. Hell, Batman went to black without the giant yellow oval, and no one bitched.

EDIT: knowing comic book fans, they debate the size of Batman's ears, so I'm sure there were people who were scandalized by the lack of the yellow oval.

I'm hoping they don't do Venom in this one except for a last shot. I think they should give Spidey some time to develop throughout the whole movie with the costume.

I have faith that Raimi will do Venom justice by NOT making him a villian in the movie and just add the entire "Eddie Brock Hates Peter Parker" angle until we see a single shot of the symbiote merging with Brock to become Venom at the end of the flick. There's just way too much for Parker to deal with outside of Venom being a villian (this is another movie in and of itself) for him to even be a factor in this film.

That's pretty badass. (of course, so is the classic black suit.) I always thought, in the comics, that Spidey should have taken up the Spider-Girl/Ben Reilly Spider-Man suit.

It looks far better, but is instantly recognizable as Spider-Man. It's just a more dynamic suit, w/o that stupid fat tick on the back.

BenSpiderLegs.gif

I mean, that's a really cool suit, with minimal changes. Hell, Batman went to black without the giant yellow oval, and no one bitched.

EDIT: knowing comic book fans, they debate the size of Batman's ears, so I'm sure there were people who were scandalized by the lack of the yellow oval.

Well Batman DID originally have the black/grey/blue costume without the oval (till the mid 60s I think).

Yeah I dig the Ben Reilly Spider suit (though I could do without the wrist cartridge holders), as long as we're not talking about the Scarlet Spider costume.

I have faith that Raimi will do Venom justice by NOT making him a villian in the movie and just add the entire "Eddie Brock Hates Peter Parker" angle until we see a single shot of the symbiote merging with Brock to become Venom at the end of the flick. There's just way too much for Parker to deal with outside of Venom being a villian (this is another movie in and of itself) for him to even be a factor in this film.

The only problem with this is that I think there may be severe backlash if the only glimpse of Venom is the endshot. The trailer gets folks jazzed to see Venom.

The only problem with this is that I think there may be severe backlash if the only glimpse of Venom is the endshot. The trailer gets folks jazzed to see Venom.

Not really. Casual fans probably don't know much about the Venom storyline, and die-hard fans (I'd hope) would be smart enough to realize that Parker's already dealing with Goblin II, Sandman, and his own co-existence with the symbiote. Venom would, and should, come after that as a cliffhanger leading toward the next movie.

The only people who will backlash against it are the supposed hardcore fans who can't even string together a coherent sentence without six hundred typos in the process because they're too busy foaming at the mouth - and those aren't the people that the movie needs to make money off of.

This might be blasphemy but would there be any harm in Osborne getting the black suit? This isn't the comic books and they've been building Osborne vs. Peter for 2 films while Eddie Brock hasn't even had an on screen role yet. Just a thought...I guess I would like to see Osborne make it to the end of the series for the final battle and not a fourth film that's all Venom cause there's no story...now SpiderMan 4 with Venom AND Green Goblin will be just fine...all in all I think that the film looks badass and I continue to just love the SpiderMan franchise and I hope that the cast and crew will hang around as they are all making great films...