TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

The best of the best

I've been to a lot of places, eatten many foods.

I can safeley say that Ezell's fried chicken in the best in the world. I don't even particularly love fried chicken, I'm more a taquiria/sushi/good BBQ man.

But this is the ultimate. In Seattle. The best fried chicken in the fucking world. You can smell it from 5 blocks away, and you're famished. I used learned to swim at meadowbrook pool, and all I could think of was that smell, and peopple lined up out the door.

No matter what. Oprah used to have this ckicken air-l ifted to her house. That's how good it is. And I'm not being cute or rascist. She had chicken air-ifted to her house when she was in the area.

It's fucking bliss, and I don't even really like fried chicken. If I'ma go out, it's sushi. This shit is sublime, though, yuou can look it up.

Stake your claim for best food of their type ever. I know there's someone out there that thinns their place has thje best BBQ.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The local dump "The Hoosier Drive-In" has these breaded tenderloins that are literally the better part of a foot in diameter. God damn they're good. Real fresh potatoes for the fries.

Hell yeah.

The one on Pico Blvd by Staples Center is my favorite. Now I want some fucking fried chicken.

Best pizza I ever tried was at this joint in Chicago. I remember because of the fit-up Irish waitress that served us. Green olives, pepperoni and a whole goddamn lot of cheese.

This of course is deep-dish style, buried beneath a few inches of crust. The only pizza I've ever had that can truly be called a pizza pie.

This one sub shop in Ocean City, MD had the best damn Cornedbeef/Coleslaw sub I have ever had. It has been nearly 10 years since I have been there so I can't remember what the name of the place was, but it is still good enough to be in my memory.

Guest Brian
I've been to a lot of places, eatten many foods.

I can safeley say that Ezell's fried chicken in the best in the world. I don't even particularly love fried chicken, I'm more a taquiria/sushi/good BBQ man.

But this is the ultimate. In Seattle. The best fried chicken in the fucking world. You can smell it from 5 blocks away, and you're famished. I used learned to swim at meadowbrook pool, and all I could think of was that smell, and peopple lined up out the door.

No matter what. Oprah used to have this ckicken air-l ifted to her house. That's how good it is. And I'm not being cute or rascist. She had chicken air-ifted to her house when she was in the area.

It's fucking bliss, and I don't even really like fried chicken. If I'ma go out, it's sushi. This shit is sublime, though, yuou can look it up.

Stake your claim for best food of their type ever. I know there's someone out there that thinns their place has thje best BBQ.

Seconded. I went to school in the area, across the street for my two years of high school.

Baguette Box is one of the best small sandwich shops I've ever been to.

Salumi and Lamb Prosciutto. Heavenly.

This one sub shop in Ocean City, MD had the best damn Cornedbeef/Coleslaw sub I have ever had. It has been nearly 10 years since I have been there so I can't remember what the name of the place was, but it is still good enough to be in my memory.

I have no idea myself.

Oddly enough, I see you are in Sacramento, but there was/is a sign leaving OC that always got me, it said 3073 Miles to San Francisco. OC/San Fran are linked by US Route 50.

I have no idea myself.

Oddly enough, I see you are in Sacramento, but there was/is a sign leaving OC that always got me, it said 3073 Miles to San Francisco. OC/San Fran are linked by US Route 50.

There's also a sign just outside of West Sacramento saying OC.

While I am here the best dining experience, not just a quick sit down, eat and go, but a full on bring your Mastercard with plenty of room, several course, wear something nice establishments in my mind are:

Roy's of Hawaii (Locations I've visited: Seattle, Big Island and Newport Beach): Consistently some of the best food and service ever, if you like Asian/Pacific Island inspired cuisine this is the place. I recommend the seared Ahi and the Chocolate molten souffle (which has to be ordered at meal selection time) for desert.

Emeril Lagasse's restaurants (Locations I've visited: Orlando, Las Vegas): I'd tie this with Roy's on cuisine, however on service they edge out Roy's as pretty much all the wait staff dotes on you and makes sure each plate hits in front of the diner with simultaneous precision timing.

I'll stake claim to having just had the best BBQ in the world. It's from Drexler's BBQ in Houston, the place owned by Clyde Drexler's family. Really, really great food. Second best BBQ ever is Stubb's BBQ in Austin. I'm Texan and I know my brisket.

I have no idea myself.

There's also a sign just outside of West Sacramento saying OC.

Yeah we have pictures of both. When my parents decided to move from Maryland to California, we were going to move to San Francisco, so we took a picture of the sign leaving OC, and we took a picture of the one in West Sacramento(when we arrived here). Interestingly enough, we got to Sacramento, and my Parents liked it so we ended up staying here instead of going to San Francisco to live.

There's a place called the Skyway Drive in Akron, Ohio that's done up like one of those fifties-style drive-in diners. They have the best cheeseburgers I've ever tasted. Period.

A cheeseburger so good, Jimmy Buffett rated it in his top ten when his boxed set first came out.

Hickory River Smokehouse, a Texas style barbecue place I worked at in Springfield, Illinois, has the greatest beef I have ever tasted. God, I would love a pound of sliced beef brisket from there right now.

For a good hot dog I gotta say Pink's in Los Angeles and when you've been in business for 68 years and have healthy lines until 2 or 3 am you must be doin something right

There's a place called "Dixie's" close to here. They've been popular enough to get themselves into SafeCo (Mariner's stadium)

While the stuff at SafeCo is mediocre, it's the best you'll get there.

But when you actually go to Dixie's it's awesome. About a million Microsoft guys ready to get their suits fucked up for a little BBQ. Better pulled pork than I had in texas, that's for sure.

The best part is occasionally, the chef fucking BARELLS out the kitchen and screams WHO WANTS TO BE A MAN, weilding a ladle and a bowl of the spiciest shit mother of God ever invented. First time I was there, I had two ladles of Man, and sweated it out. Got high. (extreme levels of capsicum can make your body endorphins to your brain* Cook comes by after, "DAMN BOY, YOU A MAN" That was probably the proudest moment of my life.

I've never had the best anything ever. Everything i've ever eaten tasted "just ok." :(

Peruse my past three years of posts. How often have I flattered myself,bragged, or patted myself on the back? That should prove the merit to the following statement:

No person alive can make chili as good as I. It's actually fairly run-of-the-mill, but with two ingredients I add.

Is the Olive Garden a cop-out answer? The reason I ask is that I started a world-wide great soup search in 1998, and the Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscana is still in the lead (home-made is out....which I think disqualifies my chili statement).

I'm not exaggerrating about the chef. The guy just STORMS out of the kitchen with a cast iron pot full of death.

I've never had indigestion from hot foods, it's the Italion foods (notably Tomato Sauce) that ruins me. Incredibly hot foods? All for ;em, though they may make me actually lift off the seat.

Guest Vitamin X

Bobby Peru, I've gotta come up to Seattle one of these days and check both those places out.

Also, best coffee I've ever had: Stumptown Coffee Roasters, here in Portland, OR. Not only is the coffee itself amazing, locally grown AND roasted behind their main store in the SE Hawthorne District, but the baristas are incredible. Somehow, they've been trained to make their foam on a latte have a little coffee-colored heart on top, just by a certain way of pouring into the cup or something. It's their signature, their way to show "they love their customers". That's just awesome.

Also, CanadianGuitarist: give us the recipe, man. I love me some good chili.