TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Transformers The Movie

Also, Stan Bush's 'Dare' was the best thing on the original movie soundtrack. Quality stuff.

QFT.

I don't buy Special Edition DVDs if I already have the original, but I may make an exception in this case...

Don't they bring Special Editions out first these days anyway?

I don't buy Special Edition DVDs if I already have the original, but I may make an exception in this case...

They usually do, but then a few years later the release some other edition of the movie, which makes the original "Special Edition" not seem so special.

They usually do, but then a few years later the release some other edition of the movie, which makes the original "Special Edition" not seem so special.

what Anti said...

back in the day (I'm an old man, you see), most DVDs were bare bones...I bought them, and of course, years later, special editions all come out.

I'm not buying them again...I never watch the special stuff anyway.

and I used the term "back in the day" in reference to DVDs, amazing how time flies.

what Anti said...

back in the day (I'm an old man, you see), most DVDs were bare bones...I bought them, and of course, years later, special editions all come out.

and I used the term "back in the day" in reference to DVDs, amazing how time flies.

Yeah, starting to make me feel old as well once I think about it. I;m buying barebones DVD's more and more now over the special editions (unless the special edition is on sale, or costs just as much as the regular one) since I just don't the time anymore to watch 3 1/2 hours of bonus shit. Fuck, I hardly have time to watch a movie anymore.

what Anti said...

Get off my lawn you darn kids! I'm going to go break out the 45s and have myself a hootnanny!

I can't wait to see Barricade fuck up Bumblebee. That'll be fun.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would have liked to have seen Bumblebee dropped into Unicron's acid pit/stomach in the original movie.

I can't wait to see Barricade fuck up Bumblebee. That'll be fun.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would have liked to have seen Bumblebee dropped into Unicron's acid pit/stomach in the original movie.

Unfortunately, by that time, we got Wheelie.

Get off my lawn you darn kids! I'm going to go break out the 45s and have myself a hootnanny!

Lucky bastard. I don't have anything to play my vinyl on anymore...

was Bumblebee in any season 3 episodes other than The Return of Optimus Prime?

it really sucks that that show became glorified commercials once season 2 hit...that series and those characters had so much potential.

it really sucks that that show became glorified commercials once season 2 hit...that series and those characters had so much potential.

There's so much truth behind that it's unreal.

GI Joe..the Sunbow episodes, no the lame DiC episodes...did a good job of telling stories AND selling product. They never intorduced characters just for the fuck of it. We probably saw 50% of the whole Joe roster in the cartoons.

They could have, however, done a better job with characters like Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and Zartan.

I got this from wiki so take it for what it's worth, but muthafuckin Eddie Winslow is voicing Jazz...

You just sold me. Apparently he announced the news on his myspace. I don't know what is weirder, the voice of Eddie Winslow as a Transformer or he told everyone on his myspace.

I wonder how much dialogue the TFs actually get in this movie. I doubt it'll be all chatty chatty like the cartoons, but hopefully they bellow out more than just a handful of lines.

I wonder how much dialogue the TFs actually get in this movie. I doubt it'll be all chatty chatty like the cartoons, but hopefully they bellow out more than just a handful of lines.

Probably a lot of dialogue about how they are going to wipe us all from the planet. That we don't know what we are up against and so on.

I'd imagine the Transformers on the good side will be chatty, what with the working with the humans and explains exactly what they are up against. Plus if I remember right, wasn't Jazz supposed to be the cool talking one or something?

Probably a lot of dialogue about how they are going to wipe us all from the planet. That we don't know what we are up against and so on.

I'd imagine the Transformers on the good side will be chatty, what with the working with the humans and explains exactly what they are up against. Plus if I remember right, wasn't Jazz supposed to be the cool talking one or something?

Well, he was voiced by the late Scatman Crothers, so I suppose so, yes.

He was in the first ep of "The Five Faces of Darkness", as well as the ep "Ghost in the Machine" (featuring the ghost of Starscream teaming with Scourge)

Not many things leave me speachless...

The best thing about that video is this post underneath it:

kid - uh, lazerbeak wanna cracker??

lazerbeak - lazerbeak wanna cracker your ass!!!!!

Well, that just proves one thing:

Decepticons (Destrons) party better than Autobots (Cybertons)

Reason for the Japanese names is the proof of an Autobot/Cyberton party from an episode of the Japanese only 4th season "The Headmasters"

Couple quick notes:

Twincast: Upgraded version of Broadcast...or as we know him, Blaster.

Hardhead and Chromedome: Two of the headmasters

Wheelie: Still annoying, but apparently doesn't speak in rhyme over there.

For some reason I've got a dubbed version of the Japanese TF series that calls him... Billy.

For some reason I've got a dubbed version of the Japanese TF series that calls him... Billy.

From what I've read...some company in Singapore dubbed Headmasters into English...and it sucked.

So that could be why.

Though a Transformer named Billy would be funny.

From what I've read...some company in Singapore dubbed Headmasters into English...and it sucked.

So that could be why.

Though a Transformer named Billy would be funny.

Maybe they took their cue from the Spike/Buster snafu from the comics.

Transformers is supposedly (although its been denied by everyone affiliated with the movie so probably not) going to be released on PPV July 3rd in conjunction with theatres. The catch is that

its $50 on PPV.

Michael Bay - "Total bullshit. Probally a scam putting old movie on."