TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Transformers The Movie

it's also on youtube

I'm skeptical, since it's from Michael Bay. Other than that, it's an awesome teaser.

it's also on youtube

I'm skeptical, since it's from Michael Bay. Other than that, it's an awesome teaser.

Wow, that's funny considering I just finished watching the island, as in, it just went off like 2 minutes ago. And I enjoyed it.

Not a big fan of the transformers (Only like Beast Wars) but I think I might umm..try to check this out for free when it does come out.

A tansformers trailer and a spider man 3 trailer? i knew there was a reason i got out of bed today!

Wow, that's funny considering I just finished watching the island, as in, it just went off like 2 minutes ago. And I enjoyed it.

I can't say I really hated The Island...it wasn't that bad

Clue me in on something, please. I watched the Transformers trailer and I'm really excited to see it. Is the movie a mix of CGI and live action or is it all CGI? I couldn't tell by watching the trailer.

Half-a-second of some hippie Autobot in a two-minute trailer does nothing for me but regret taking all that time to watch the damn thing.

eh, I'm such a TF nerd, it was enough to get me excited.

Did these things invade earth in the cartoons?

short answer: yes

long answer: basically, the Decepticons were running the TF's homeworld of Cybertron...the Autobots decided to head off planet to look for more energy resources so they could battle to take the planet back...while on their way to Earth (4,000,000 years ago), the Decepticons hijack the ship and a big battle ensues inside...the computer gets blasted and goes nuts and causes the ship carrying all the TFs to crash into the side of an inactive volcano in what would someday become Washington state. All the TFs inside are basically knocked out and in "sleep mode" from then until the present. The volcano sort of erupts, causing the ship to shake and sends one of the Decepticons (Skywarp) into this active ray beam that sort of revives him AND changes his transformation into that of an earth vehicle. One by one, he revives the rest of the Decepticons with said ray and they take off, but not before Starscream sends a parting shot to the volcano (mountain), burying the ship underneath rubble. It also inadvertantly sends Optimus Prime (the Autobot leader) into that same ray and revives him. They spend the first two seasons battling on Earth, both trying to get back to Cybertron to reclaim it...of course, the Autobots are naturally good so they end up spending more time saving stupid humans that get themselves into trouble than they do actually getting the resources needed to beat the Decepticons once and for all.

Worse. They start making friends with humans.

exactly...the humans keep getting themselves in dumb situations that requires the Autobots to bail them out...and it makes you wonder how much of it Optimus Prime can actually put up with before deciding that maybe these humans are more trouble than they are worth.

Guest wildpegasus

Last I heard they're screwing around with Soundwave for the movie. That makes it an automatic no see.

Where do the Dinosaur ones factor in all this?

I'm not sure about the movie, but from the series: The Autobots needed bigger, stronger TFs to combat the Decepticons...Wheeljack and Ratchet (two Autobot inventors/engineers/builders etc.) found dinosaur fossils inside the mountain I mentioned earlier and used them to help create 5 Dinobots. For some odd reason, they made these TFs to be about as dumb as the real Dinosaurs are always believed to be.

Last I heard they're screwing around with Soundwave for the movie. That makes it an automatic no see.

I'm sure you're refering to the

Kennywave

role in the movie.

I'm sure you had a hard time sitting through all the changes in Spider-Man, Batman Begins, X-men, etc as well. ;)

I'm a huge TF mark, and I'm incredibly used to reboots as Hasbro in recent years has continued to reinvent (for better or worse) the Universe and Mythos. The movie won't be G1 at all, so please don't expect it. The flick is inspired by events and characters from G1, but it will be different. So see it with an open mind and don't say that Michael Bay and Uncle Steve raped your Childhood.

Guest wildpegasus

Not meaning to be insulting or anything but aren't you 30 years old? If you are, that means you were in your youth growing years when Transformers first appeared on the airwaves. Everyone followed the show. Wouldn't all the kids in your class be talking about it? I still remember the day where I brought my Transformers sticker book in to class and without even advertising it immediatly within seconds became the most popular kid in class. Unreal.

I assume you musn't have gotten Transformers on your Tv channels. I know I was lucky to get it since we only had two channels back than.

Guest wildpegasus

I'm sure you're refering to the

Kennywave

role in the movie.

I'm sure you had a hard time sitting through all the changes in Spider-Man, Batman Begins, X-men, etc as well. ;)

I'm a huge TF mark, and I'm incredibly used to reboots as Hasbro in recent years has continued to reinvent (for better or worse) the Universe and Mythos. The movie won't be G1 at all, so please don't expect it. The flick is inspired by events and characters from G1, but it will be different. So see it with an open mind and don't say that Michael Bay and Uncle Steve raped your Childhood.

Screw that. The Transformers are known for being some of the coolest charactors ever.

I actually didn't have problems sitting through changes in Spider-Man and X-Men. Batman Begins I don't even care to watch since the animated Batman spoiled me. However, the changes I've heard about Transformers hurt me deeply. You don't mess with Soundwave (there's already been commotion about this); you just don't do it. You don't mess with any of the other central charactors either which I hear they're doing.

exactly...the humans keep getting themselves in dumb situations that requires the Autobots to bail them out...and it makes you wonder how much of it Optimus Prime can actually put up with before deciding that maybe these humans are more trouble than they are worth.

To be fair, mostly it was the Decepticons doing shit to the humans, not really humans doing dumb shit on their own, that caused the Autobots to help out.

Soundwave is going to be a boom box. Slight change from the cartoon, but not a drastic change like had been rumored (helicopter, I believe).

To be fair, mostly it was the Decepticons doing shit to the humans, not really humans doing dumb shit on their own, that caused the Autobots to help out.

Spike always got himself in ridiculous jams

I'm not sure about the movie, but from the series: The Autobots needed bigger, stronger TFs to combat the Decepticons...Wheeljack and Ratchet (two Autobot inventors/engineers/builders etc.) found dinosaur fossils inside the mountain I mentioned earlier and used them to help create 5 Dinobots. For some odd reason, they made these TFs to be about as dumb as the real Dinosaurs are always believed to be.

They only made three of them originally (Grimlock, Sludge, and Slag). Swoop and Snarl came later. They made the first three dumb to begin with, and they ransacked the Ark and almost destroyed Teletraan I. They were subdued by Wheeljack and put back in the cave, but were later released and given slight mental upgrades and put into battle when many of the Autobots were in trouble. Having saved the lives of many of the Autobots, Optimus forgave Wheeljack for disobeying his orders of keeping the Dinobots offline, and gave the first three Dinobots a permanent place on the Autobot team.

And that's basically the gist of one of my favorite TF episodes ever... Episode 8: S.O.S. Dinobots.