TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Transformers The Movie

GI Joe: The Movie was awful. I've read that several people on the project were wincing as they went in, but the PTB went ahead with the "Cobra La" angle. The only thing worse than the movie was the DIC animated series. I never saw GI Joe Extreme (Sgt. Savage), so I can't comment.

Cobra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!!!!

And was that Megatron smashing the crap out of the probe? Methinks it was.

i still want a flat cab. He could be pink and neon green....just make him flat.

But do they even HAVE flat cab trucks anymore?

I mean, I don't think I've EVER seen a REAL Flat Cab truck.

i see them... but that's like watching the Passion of the Christ and saying "I don't think that's the REAL Jesus!"

It's a freaking movie about transforming robots from space, I don't think finding a flat cab truck would be too hard to find, build, or reproduce somehow.

let's see...

Jazz is fine

Bumblebee should be a bug. It's not like they don't make those anymore.

I don't *mind* Megatron being a plane, since I always thought just turning into a gun (regardless of it's power) was always pretty weak for a leader. I mean, Starscream could have probably crushed him in his hands if he had really wanted to have control of the group. So that always bugged me. I wish he wasn't a plane only on the level that some of the other Decepticons are planes already (there's what...3 of them?). He could have been the tank he is portrayed as in the newer cartoons. At least, I think he is a tank.

Yep that's Prime! I like it. It'll sell toys, which is the main purpose of this movie.

Soooo apprently MTV pimped out Prime....wonderful.

Rando I agree with you, Prime should be a red and blue flat cab truck!

i still want a flat cab. He could be pink and neon green....just make him flat.

But do they even HAVE flat cab trucks anymore?

I mean, I don't think I've EVER seen a REAL Flat Cab truck.

I see at least one every week.

Okay...as I look at the longer cab in the picture...i'm thinking about where his head would come from and where his torso would be in robot mode...and basically i'm thinking both would be around the area of the "sleeper" part of the cab... so it's like his robot head is stuck right next to his robot crotch as he speeds down the highway.

I think they couldn't get the rights to use it for the movie, IIRC.

Yeah, but it's TRANSFORMERS, you _have_ to have Bumblebee as a Bug. Him as a camaro doesn't hold any of the quaintness that a VW bug has. Damnit, they let Lindsey Lohan screw up Herbie, they can't give Transformers a go? Stupid Volkswagon.

Ain't It Cool News is reporting that Peter Cullen will be the voice of Optimus Prime in the new movie.

Thank God.

The only one I even want to sound robotic should be Soundwave. That was his charm. Too bad we probably won't be seeing Rumble, Frenzy, or Ravage.

Edit: Checking IMDB, they have Frank Welker rumored for Megatron and Dane Cook of all people attached for an unnamed character.

I think they couldn't get the rights to use it for the movie, IIRC.

VW doesn't want their products to be used as a "Weapon of War" either in fiction or the real world. Someone is a little touchy over their cooperation with a certain organization during the 30's and 40's.

And no that footage is fake dubQ

ToyFare has a two page article on the movie. I don't think they revealed anything that we didn't already know. Megatron is a jet, Soundwave will stand less than five feet tall as a robot, etc. Bernie Mac apparently plays a used car salesman who sells Bumblebee to Sparkplug. And Jon Voight's in the film.

Bernie: You need this car!

Sparkplug: I don't know...

Bernie: Come on...Jon Voight used to own this car.

ToyFare has a two page article on the movie. I don't think they revealed anything that we didn't already know. Megatron is a jet, Soundwave will stand less than five feet tall as a robot, etc. Bernie Mac apparently plays a used car salesman who sells Bumblebee to Sparkplug. And Jon Voight's in the film.

Bernie: You need this car!

Sparkplug: I don't know...

Bernie: Come on...Jon Voight used to own this car.

Jon Voight plays the Secretary of Defense IIRC. Movie has a solid B and C level cast, coupled with Peter Cullen coming back to play Optimus, It has a chance to be good cast wise. Just hope the writing is good.

if they don't get a jive talkin black man to voice Jazz, I'm going to be severly disappointed!

I'm waiting for the Eddie Griffen or Chris Rock annoucement. :lol:

Megatron will most definately end up being Frank Welker (Played the Original), and now that I think about it, You could have Peter Cullen also reprise his role as Iron Hide for the movie as well. :cheers:

Shia LaBeouf - Sam "Spike" Witwicky

Josh Duhamel - Lennox

Michael Clarke Duncan - Figueroa (rumored)

Meagan Fox - Mikaela

Tyrese Gibson - Epps (rumored)

Bernie Mac - Bobby Bolivia

John Robinson - MIles

Rachael Taylor - Maggie (rumored)

John Turturro - Simmons

Travis Van Winkle - Trent

Jon Voight - Keller

Peter Cullen - Optimus Prime (Voice)

Some of the cast, credit movietome.com.