TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jackie fargo

Hulk vs. Orton SSlam

Guest jackie fargo

If this ends up happening-then this will do nothing but hurt both Hogan and Brookes career-because, I could see the fans turning on Hogan for involvong Brooke in a wrestling angle, It has never worked succesfully bringing in your kids-i.e. Flair, Dusty, Bruno, and Gagne all failed at getting angles over involving thier kid- Hogan may have to end up turning heel if this takes palce, because the fans will more than likely cheer Orton.

A deal is being put together that would bring Hulk Hogan back on WWE television. He would engage in a feud with Randy Orton. A Hogan vs. Orton match is tentatively scheduled to take place at SummerSlam. When Orton did some media appearances in the UK last week, he believed that his match with Hogan would be taking place at Wrestlemania, but it looks like it will be rushed for SummerSlam.

An angle was teased on RAW last Monday when Brooke Hogan's music video aired, and then WWE quickly cut to a backstage shot of Orton smirking as he was watching the monitor. The basic gist of the angle is that Orton would psychotically pursue Brooke. This would lead to Hulk Hogan coming out to defend his daughter. WWE may even run with Randy Orton and Brooke Hogan becoming an onscreen couple - which of course would drive The Hulkster crazy. The latter scenerio would seem far too rushed to be ready for SummerSlam, however, its being said that the angle is being hotshotted at this point.

Everyone besides Hulk (her record label, publicists, etc...) is said to be negative towards the angle. The angle would bring her an incredible level of exposure, however, WWE has a negative stigma. The feeling is that if she goes through with the angle, it will give her an even more difficult time of being taken seriously in the music industry because most people see her as a publicity stunt (being Hogan's daughter). If she appears on a wrestling show, she will probably become more of a joke of an act in the eyes of people outside of professional wrestling.

Also note, Hogan's WWE contract gives him full creative control on both angles and finishes.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Way to go, Hulkster. You want your daughter to have success but you gotta do it on your own terms to get yourself over a little more and bury whatever remote chances she had of legitimate success in the music industry.

A Hogan/Orton program, while worthless in the long run didn't require the involvment of Brooke. Using Nick Hogan would have been more logical, as they already shown on Hulk Knows Best that Nick wants to follow in his father's footsteps...

Just have Orton sweet talk Nick into turning on his father on Raw in a "dream" tag match with Orton/Edge Vs Cena/Hogan...build up Hogan/Orton at Slam where Nick turns on Orton and they get the last laugh.

It gives Hogan what he wants, Nick gets exposure that he'll get down the line and Orton is right back where he started.

Hogan should not be wrestling anymore. He can barely walk. And it's not like he's Flair or Terry Funk. He can't even bump hardly at all, and he couldn't do much in the ring to begin with.

He's great for the occasional nostalgia appearance every now and then, but he is 78 years old and shouldn't be wrestling, especially in high profile matches against talent that the WWE claims is their future.

The only way this can work out is that Hogan cleanly beats Orton whenever they meet, complete with the embarrasing big boot and 30 second delay before the legdrop finish. Why in the hell would they feed Orton to the lions like that? As punishment for his behavior? Who knows. You know, if I were Vince, I wouldn't be putting an egomaniac senior citizen out there against top talent when he somehow has 100% creative control. What does he think? That Hogan will do the job via RKO? Give me a break.

That egomanaic with creative control is a guaranteed 450,000+ buy-rate. That is all that matters. Vince doesn't care about Orton enough to even protest. If it was Cena, then you have a real struggle between the two.

McMahon was all prepared to can Orton. You think he gives a shit if Orton jobs? Jobbing to Hogan hasn't hurt anyone before and I haven't seen Shawn's appeal to the crowd decrease since that program.

The fans GET that Hogan is a nostaglic act and they go along with the charade.

Randy is lucky to have a job with the WWE. He's double lucky to get a chance to do a high profile angle with Hogan, even if it does mean doing the job.

Hogan is a sure fire thing for the WWE. He'll get Vince a buyrate, Hogan will have his once-in-awhile match to stroke his ego, and the fans will be happy. Now, whether this stuff will help Brooke have a singing career is a different matter all together. I doubt it.

'Hurt her career" LMMFAO. Lets be serious, Brooke will not have a succesfull carrer with or without the WWE's "help".

As usual, you are wrong. Brooke's single is currently charted in the top 100 in radio play, consistant air-play on MTV, and is #2 on Myspace most watched videos list. This indicates that she has been doing well enough with WWE's assistance.

Thanks to her looks, the name and the pre-set national exposure via the TV show, Brooke Hogan has the ability to draw at least a modest amount while she still can. It's doubtful she'll have a long standing career because her limitations are obvious and novelty of being Hulk Hogan's daughter wears off.

The music industry frowns on wrestling, as does most of the mainstream. Brooke is already facing a struggle via the connection with her father but it's a double edged sword because that is her 'in" right now.

Brooke isn't media-savvy but her father is. The entire VH1 show, is built around Hogan despite how much they try to say it's really about the kids. It's the Hulk Hogan show. Hulk is looking out only for himself and if he can use his daughter to get more attention, he'll do it.

SummerSlam is another pay-day for him and using his daughter, in his mind is publicity despite the fact the market Brooke is playing to is NOT the market that her father plays too.

I'am, in no way shape or form, interested in this match AT ALL. This match could quite possibly be the most boring, dreadful and flatout worst match the WWE could put on. I'am dead serious about that. Orton, one of the most blandest, uninteresting, flatout boring wrestler today Vs the very slow, barly able to walk or wrestle, Hogan. and the possibilty of Brooke being involve aswell?! :throwup: count me out.

And if this feud takes up to much airtime on Raw, I'am just not gonna bother watching until the storyline is completly done for. Thank god for SmackDown!!

Guess I'm the only one looking forward to this match.

Hogan for 2 Summerslams in a row??!

Is SS becoming the #1 PPV now?

Its to make up for him not working Mania 21 (doesn't count since it was a segment) and 22. :P

Orton isn't half as bad as 95% of people on here make out...

...but there's no way in hell he's carrying Hogan to a decent match.

agreed on both counts...HBK had a hard enough time with it last year.

Dude,Holgan will tell Randy everything before the match that he has to do.

He gets a a cheap shot on Hogan, The Finger Point Of Doom, Hulk Up, Big Boot, Leg Drop, 1,2,3.

Or...

Hogan gets swerved~! and Orton wins in a conulted ass finish.

Either way, I think I'll enjoy the match.

For Orton's sake I hope they find a suitable outcome for him. His gimmick as a "Legend Killer" is about to be shot dead with the marks if he loses cleanly here. Hopefully they can find away to placate Hogans ego yet still have Orton comng out of this okay. I am not really a fan of Ortons but it doesn't help him losing to a old man.

I'am, in no way shape or form, interested in this match AT ALL. This match could quite possibly be the most boring, dreadful and flatout worst match the WWE could put on. I'am dead serious about that. Orton, one of the most blandest, uninteresting, flatout boring wrestler today Vs the very slow, barly able to walk or wrestle, Hogan. and the possibilty of Brooke being involve aswell?! :throwup: count me out.

Agreed. I can't think of a worse match-up. The promos, matches, and build are all going to suck.

'Hurt her career" LMMFAO. Lets be serious, Brooke will not have a succesfull carrer with or without the WWE's "help".

As usual, you are wrong. Brooke's single is currently charted in the top 100 in radio play, consistant air-play on MTV, and is #2 on Myspace most watched videos list. This indicates that she has been doing well enough with WWE's assistance.

Thanks to her looks, the name and the pre-set national exposure via the TV show, Brooke Hogan has the ability to draw at least a modest amount while she still can. It's doubtful she'll have a long standing career because her limitations are obvious and novelty of being Hulk Hogan's daughter wears off.

The music industry frowns on wrestling, as does most of the mainstream. Brooke is already facing a struggle via the connection with her father but it's a double edged sword because that is her 'in" right now.

Brooke isn't media-savvy but her father is. The entire VH1 show, is built around Hogan despite how much they try to say it's really about the kids. It's the Hulk Hogan show. Hulk is looking out only for himself and if he can use his daughter to get more attention, he'll do it.

SummerSlam is another pay-day for him and using his daughter, in his mind is publicity despite the fact the market Brooke is playing to is NOT the market that her father plays too.

I doubt her album even cracks the top 20 or so when it does actually come out. She will get some play because of who's daughter she is, but she like many other pop singers are talentless hacks.

I would be suprised if she even hits gold status on her record.

I doubt her album even cracks the top 20 or so when it does actually come out. She will get some play because of who's daughter she is, but she like many other pop singers are talentless hacks.

Well, if so called "talentless hacks" are turning a profit, what's to stop Brooke?

Well, if so called "talentless hacks" are turning a profit, what's to stop Brooke?

I don't think she will have the mainstream appeal that say Britney Spears, or either of the Simpson sisters did, but that's JMO.

I mean Paris Hilton put out an album, and I'm assuming(I would have to look up numbers), it didn't do to well just because she was a name.

Edit: Hilton's album comes out next month, so there are no numbers on it yet.

I could see the fans turning on Hogan...

...because the fans will more than likely cheer Orton.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

No, and no.

Guest panthermatt7

Um... gold status is pretty huge. You can fall short of gold status and still be a "successful" musician... maybe not a monster success, but profitable. I am in a rock band, and if we were to get remotely close to gold status, I would be pretty stoked...

Regardless, people who are saying Brooke has no chance in the music industry haven't been paying attention to the music industry in the past 15 years.

People like Brooke, even without the name get flash fame and a hit song or two all because of their looks. "About Us" is getting good airplay and video rotation, if Brooke and Hulk want her career to extend beyond just a couple of hits and forgotten videos, using her for a WWE storyline is a grave mistake.

People are already having a difficult time taking Brooke seriously because of her last name, if she gets involved in a 'rasslin storyline it'll only confirm people's original thoughts on her.

What I'm amazed about is Orton apparently thought this match would be a major WM match. Has he not gotten the memo that Vince has still got this hardon for Hogan/Austin (what happened to those rumors)? Let's face it, regardless of this Brooke aspect the match is going to involve Hogan burying Orton. Why not? Orton doesn't deserve a win over Hogan, hell he doesn't even deserve to look decent in the feud. As long as there is a shot of Hogan doing something important at WM next year there's no way in hell he's jobbing to Orton or looking bad in a feud.

After SS Orton will likely go into a feud with HHH and get buried some more. Then he might screw around with Cena for a while, since some people have a peculiar fascination with that match. And let's just say I don't like Randall's chances in that feud either.

Basically, they might as well cut their losses and release Orton. From all we've heard he's a backstage cancer, he's regressed big time as a worker (let's face it, some matches like the ONS match with Angle actively spoof how bad Orton is with the restholds), he's got no heat or charisma, and perhaps most importantly nobody buys him beating anyone of note at this point due to all the jobbing he's done.

Did anyone care that he beat Angle at Vengeance? Or Kane on Raw last week? Not really. It was just a boring groan.