TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 6 Thread - July/18th/2006.

I wanted to repeat this

I doubt this is intentional but I've noticed Punk is moving in sequence of these promos.

The first promo took place in the hallway by the dressing room...tonight's was in the Gorilla position. It's a subtle way of saying "Im getting closer..."

I'm surprised they are giving Punk good treament, especially since Heyman lost all control and they just rushed Knox out there. Punk, is getting his character built up and they are milking the in-ring debut so that it'll mean something.

You also have to look at it like this, CM Punk is really well known through the indy scene and Vince realizes this. Vince knows that there are a lot of hardcore/internet/smart mark fans out there even through he thinks the ECW fanbase is so tiny, he knows theres good amount of his crowd are smart fans. Mike Knox could be rushed out there because no one really knew him. CM Punk on the other hand is pretty well known and they are doing the right thing by not rushing Punk out. If anything its making people want to tune in so they can see Punk's first televised ECW match. As lon as they build him up correctly and his first match isn't a squash but rather a competitve match, Punk will be on the right track.

This won't happen but if they could stretch out Punk's debut until Kurt Angle comes back...that's an instant feud right there. They won't need to touch the sXe stuff, but it could be there hanging in the background because that fanbase you just referenced will see it. It'd be an unspoken element.

It would be built similarly to Hart/Austing except this time, the young heel gets the victory.

I wanted to repeat this

I doubt this is intentional but I've noticed Punk is moving in sequence of these promos.

The first promo took place in the hallway by the dressing room...tonight's was in the Gorilla position. It's a subtle way of saying "Im getting closer..."

I'm surprised they are giving Punk good treament, especially since Heyman lost all control and they just rushed Knox out there. Punk, is getting his character built up and they are milking the in-ring debut so that it'll mean something.

You also have to look at it like this, CM Punk is really well known through the indy scene and Vince realizes this. Vince knows that there are a lot of hardcore/internet/smart mark fans out there even through he thinks the ECW fanbase is so tiny, he knows theres good amount of his crowd are smart fans. Mike Knox could be rushed out there because no one really knew him. CM Punk on the other hand is pretty well known and they are doing the right thing by not rushing Punk out. If anything its making people want to tune in so they can see Punk's first televised ECW match. As lon as they build him up correctly and his first match isn't a squash but rather a competitve match, Punk will be on the right track.

This won't happen but if they could stretch out Punk's debut until Kurt Angle comes back...that's an instant feud right there. They won't need to touch the sXe stuff, but it could be there hanging in the background because that fanbase you just referenced will see it. It'd be an unspoken element.

It would be built similarly to Hart/Austing except this time, the young heel gets the victory.

That could possibly work if maybe Angle was doing the open challange thing but it can't happen unless Angle came back in two weeks or sooner. CM Punk vs Angle is something that really needs to be set up and Punk should really be established with the fan base before something like that happens. Just throwing out a Punk vs Angle feud right away won't draw a good amount of fans. It'll draw the hardcore fans but the general fans need to be intrested as well.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Well...I believe that in the Bible, Judas betrays Jesus "with a kiss."

As in right afterwards, BAM! He's taken away by Romans!

Vince just loves busting out theological references every now and then.

:firing:

Oh God I hope your joking.

Oh God I hope your joking.

That's how the story goes.

YOU PEOPLE FORGOT TO MENTION HISTORY IN THE MAKING.... KHALI ACTUALLY SORT OF JOGGED FOR A SECOND TO THE TABLE BEFORE TAKER HIT HIM WITH THE CHAIR.... THAT'S THE FIRST TIME HE'S DONE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SLOW WALK OF DOOM.

Guest DRH 502

Yeah show was less than entralling...it was cool seeing Sabu carry Richards on the mat for a 3 second exchange before it broke down to spotty spotty ness.

YOU PEOPLE FORGOT TO MENTION HISTORY IN THE MAKING.... KHALI ACTUALLY SORT OF JOGGED FOR A SECOND TO THE TABLE BEFORE TAKER HIT HIM WITH THE CHAIR.... THAT'S THE FIRST TIME HE'S DONE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SLOW WALK OF DOOM.

True.

Also anyone else notice that Show controls the double chokeslam? and Khali was like a second behind him in the motion? HA!

I wanted to repeat this

That could possibly work if maybe Angle was doing the open challange thing but it can't happen unless Angle came back in two weeks or sooner. CM Punk vs Angle is something that really needs to be set up and Punk should really be established with the fan base before something like that happens. Just throwing out a Punk vs Angle feud right away won't draw a good amount of fans. It'll draw the hardcore fans but the general fans need to be intrested as well.

You missed the point, I said build it like Austin/Hart was. While Hart was gone, Austin mocked him and questioned Bret's ability and declared himself the better of the two. That's what Punk should be doing. Tell us that Angle took a leave of absence because he was burnt out, mock him for leaving and hiding from the future such as CM Punk. Eventually that would draw Angle back and in his first back, he faces Punk who finally steps in the ring and Punk proves himself.

Punk is one of the very few guys who can build an entire storyline by himself. He will require more then 30 seconds each week.

If you delay the in-ring debut of Punk, those new fans along with the smark fanbase will want it more and it becomes that much more important once it happens.

I wanted to repeat this

You missed the point, I said build it like Austin/Hart was. While Hart was gone, Austin mocked him and questioned Bret's ability and declared himself the better of the two. That's what Punk should be doing. Tell us that Angle took a leave of absence because he was burnt out, mock him for leaving and hiding from the future such as CM Punk. Eventually that would draw Angle back and in his first back, he faces Punk who finally steps in the ring and Punk proves himself.

Punk is one of the very few guys who can build an entire storyline by himself. He will require more then 30 seconds each week.

If you delay the in-ring debut of Punk, those new fans along with the smark fanbase will want it more and it becomes that much more important once it happens.

I like that idea, but will probably see Punk debut next week or in week 8. He'll more than likely squash Mamaluke or Guido.

I understand Vince's stance on "extreme rules" matches and all, but still why should this mean only one match PER SHOW can be extreme rules!?!

Yes, Tazz, Big Show's headbutt is EXACTLY like getting hit by a helicopter.

I heard this too, and MAN I wish Joey Styles would have said it so I could update my sig.

I like your sig theme. I have to amend my previous statement about everything in ECW2 being straight up bad. The announcing is so bad it's funny.

Is it wrong to say Cole carried Tazz when they were a decent team?

Yes, Tazz, Big Show's headbutt is EXACTLY like getting hit by a helicopter.

I heard this too, and MAN I wish Joey Styles would have said it so I could update my sig.

I like your sig theme. I have to amend my previous statement about everything in ECW2 being straight up bad. The announcing is so bad it's funny.

Is it wrong to say Cole carried Tazz when they were a decent team?

Not really, Tazz was calling the moves on Smackdown and he did that really well. On ECW, he can't call the moves since that is Joey's deal, and... Tazz is useless when he can't call the moves.

OMG! I never expected the Great Khali to interfere in this match causing a DQ! Wow...one of the most unpredictable events in wrestling history...

Until RVD returns in two weeks and shocks everyone by being one of Heyman's masked body guards.

Nothing says ECW like a typical 15-minute WWE main event match with 2 guys who were never in ECW to begin with (Undertaker and Big Show).

It's obvious to me at this point that Vince is desperate.

Guest Kobe24KGold

ECW on SciFi, headlined by Taker vs. Show, did a 2.2 rating in the 11PM timeslot.

Impressive!

OMG! I never expected the Great Khali to interfere in this match causing a DQ! Wow...one of the most unpredictable events in wrestling history...

Until RVD returns in two weeks and shocks everyone by being one of Heyman's masked body guards.

only if a second guy comes out in a singlet and a lucha mask.

I wanted to repeat this

Ah ok, I understand now. I still think a Punk vs Angle feud should happen later down the road through.

So I just finished watching the show, and it didn't seem to be too horrible...until it got to the main event. I had to "try" to watch it twice cause I fell asleep 5 minutes into it, and I thought I missed something important....turns out I didn't

ECW on SciFi, headlined by Taker vs. Show, did a 2.2 rating in the 11PM timeslot.

Impressive!

It's not as impressive as one would think at first. "Eureka" had the highest rated series telecast in Sci Fi Channel history according to the Sci Fi press release, giving ECW a huge lead-in for the night. No wonder ECW didn't lose much ground.

Impressive!

It's not as impressive as one would think at first. "Eureka" had the highest rated series telecast in Sci Fi Channel history according to the Sci Fi press release, giving ECW a huge lead-in for the night. No wonder ECW didn't lose much ground.

Thanks Mr. Negitive! Weather it had a lead in or not doens't matter. For the show being on at 11, thats still good numbers.

I guess we can continue to look forward to more of the same now. I can't argue with Vince if he's getting decent ratings with what he puts out there. I'm just disappointed 2.2 Nielsen points worth of fans find that shit entertaining.

I wouldn't say that just yet. I think Vince and co are experimenting with getting a good formula for the show. You notice last weeks show was pretty much all wrestling with very little of the "entertainment" value while this week's show had less wrestling and more of the "entertainment" value. The formula for the ECW shows keep changing every week. So I would wait before saying Vince is now going to go with the formula of last nights show.

I wouldn't say that just yet. I think Vince and co are experimenting with getting a good formula for the show. You notice last weeks show was pretty much all wrestling with very little of the "entertainment" value while this week's show had less wrestling and more of the "entertainment" value. The formula for the ECW shows keep changing every week. So I would wait before saying Vince is now going to go with the formula of last nights show.

Whatever the case, the formula fucking sucks. There hasnt been any good wrestling on these shows other than a WWE style Angle/RVD match and, for pure entertainment value, a Show/Flair bout last week. Vince trying to write a company he admittedly just knows from the ONS shows and an occasional match here and there from ECW past is absurd. Having Kevin Dunn so heavily associated with this is even more asinine.

Well, I just watched the show. I forgot about it initially, but it's set to record every week on my DVR. I tried to watch it last night, but I fell asleep halfway through, and then I finally finished it tonight.

One thing I want to know is why people weren't more pissed about Sandman jobbing to two low blows from MIKE KNOX. Come on that's fucking pathetic. One of two people they brought in for ECW that they have any build at all, and his first match back, he jobs to two low blows. That's just awful.

That was basically the point where I decided this project was dead. When they talked about phasing out the ECW wrestlers and style, I thought they meant over maybe a year and a half, not a month and a half. This is just ridiculous. Take away Sabu and a few jobbers, and this is just WWE Tuesday night.

Oh, also Heyman's character has gotten completely ridiculous overnight. Why would he want to give Tommy Dreamer the "kiss of death". Why would he be allying himself with Test of all people. If they had Heyman protecting Show (understandable), giving an interview about how he was a more stable champion, and then Dreamer came out, screamed at Heyman for selling out, and caned him, you'd have a reasonable feud. This is just ridiculous. Oh, and I thought Dreamer taking the kiss was a sign that he's done being a serious wrestler and is now the same "sideshow that will take anything" that used to drink Undertaker's tobacco spit.

Finally, the main event was just awful. Why would ECW fans want to see Taker/Show. Why is an obvious promo for an undercard match at GAB main eventing ECW.

This has gotten way worse than I thought it would way faster than I thought it could. I was trying to be optimistic, even after RVD got jobbed out and suspended, but this is indefensible. If they hype another main event next week with a WWE face against an ECW heel, I'm not watching period.

Calling Big Show an ECW heel is just as wrong as calling WWF Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin the leader of the WCW/ECW Alliance.

Yeah that was really fuckin bad.

While i think on, has anyone compiled a win/loss record for the "ECW" stars? Im sure it would look really bad for the orginal ECW stars.

And fuck, why does this pile of shit keep getting good ratings? the mind boggles!