TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 6 Thread - July/18th/2006.

A giant challenge.

This Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi, Big Show will defend the ECW World Heavyweight championship against one of the biggest legends in WWE, Undertaker.

Big Show challenged "The Deadman" at Saturday Night's Main Event just moments after helping The Great Khali decimate him. Show had come out to the ring to compliment Khali for taking out Undertaker, but chaos ensued when "The Deadman" showed up. In the end, however, Show & Khali rocked "The Deadman" with a vicious double chokeslam.

Moments after Big Show made the challenge, ECW.com caught up with the ECW champion. And while "The Deadman" will be his opponent Tuesday night, Big Show said that wasn't the original intention.

"Undertaker stuck his nose into my business," Big Show told ECW.com. "I was about to offer The Great Khali an opportunity at the ECW championship, and Undertaker came out to steal the spotlight."

And while the sheer presence of "The Deadman" commands awe from the WWE fans, Big Show now says he is under a different glow.

"Now the spotlight burns brightly on Undertaker," he said. "Just like Rob Van Dam and Ric Flair, he's going to learn the hard way that the ECW champion is unbeatable."

Never one to shy away from comment, ECW representative Paul Heyman offered the following words about Big Show's clash with "The Deadman"...

"Undertaker demonstrated remarkable knack for career advancement by jumping on the ECW bandwagon. Tuesday night on Sci Fi, Undertaker has a chance to accomplish something new by winning the ECW World championship, but the problem is that Big Show is standing in his way."

A 7-footer will be walking out of Corpus Christi, Texas this Tuesday as ECW champion. Will the gold stay around the waist of the current champion, or will a WWE phenom conquer the land of extreme?

Special start time: 11pm/10pm CT.

Show vs. Taker as an ECW main event... Something just doesn't seem right.

Raw set the bar pretty low for worst show this week, so it'll be interesting to see how WWECW tries to be worse.

Well, people were crapping all over the idea of Show vs Flair last week, and that ended up being pretty entertaining, so maybe this match will surprise as well.

The problem ECW is having is that RVD is gone, and Kurt Angle is injured again, so Show really doesn't have any major challengers right now. Hence, ECW has to borrow guys from the other "brands" to wrestle.

If this is "extreme rules" I think it could be very entertaining. It all depends on how motivated Big Show and the Undertaker are going to be but I'm willing to give it a chance since Big Show-Flair proved me wrong last week.

I wonder if CM Punk will wrestle tonight or just have another vignette. If he does wrestle I want to see if any of his wrestling style gets toned down from OVW.

My bet is on the debut of Shannon Moore, though, instead but I'm willing to give that a chance too.

They can run a video package on SD! as buildup for Taker-Khali and insert it in post-production. Or a backstage interview not broadcast to the arena crowd.

So will this weeks ECW on Sci-fi be:

Tarrot card reading with vampire spitting welches grape juice

CM Punk explaining his tatoos

Kelly does the strip tease with Mike Knox stopping it

Sandman kanes some nobody

Justin Credible and/or Stevie Richards jobbing in a match....oh wait this time its a tag match against FBI!!!!!

Big Show vs Undertaker with a clean finish

Sabu losing an old school WCW match because he went to the top rope or thrown his opponet over the ropes

give or take a few introduction videos from the ECW talent

So how long do I have to wait to see CM Punk vs Shannon Moore? And while we are at it CM Punk needs to go on a path of rage killing every WWE employee who has the damn MTV mohawk....Miz should be 1st on the list.

The match itself might suck, but the important part to pay attention to, is the booking. Thus far, Big Show has been booked correctly as a monster heel champion. He has had important wins that have got him over. There will be WWE fans in attendance as well and it is important to keep them thinking Big Show is a monster too. Big Show could be RUINED tonight if they do the classic finish of UT being in position to win, and then Kahli runs into to make the save. Especially since it will be extreme rules, it makes it even worse because it will probably directly effect the finish of the match.

If Big Show as champion is anything more then a 30 day run to keep the belt warm for RVD, then The Big Show needs to go over clean. Beating the UT clean might not do anything to entice "ECW" fans, but all the WWE Smackdown fans in attendance will probably take notice.

Undertaker needs to dig deep into his MMA moveset to make the match interesting maybe use an arm triangle to counter the chokeslam or use the Hughes/Newton finish where both guys are KO'd.

I wonder if CM Punk will wrestle tonight or just have another vignette. If he does wrestle I want to see if any of his wrestling style gets toned down from OVW.

It's been tighter and the pacing has completely changed. He still has the tendency to go into a match with the mindset of telling a 30 minute story and remembers mid-way through the match it's only going 12 and forces himself to adjust.

Well I'm skipping this one again until Rob finally shows up and gives me a reason to watch WWECW again.

If your skipping shows just because RVD is gone, I'm guessing you missed last week's good show too.

Special match at a special time.

Tonight's ECW on Sci Fi begins one hour later than usual, at 11pm/10pm CT.

But things will get hot right at 11pm, as gorgeous exhibitionist Kelly Kelly will kick off ECW on Sci Fi with this week's Expose. Mike Knox has been trying to keep Kelly covered up lately, but ECW fans can only hope that last week's visit from The Sandman will give Knox second thoughts about doing it tonight.

In the main event, ECW World Heavyweight champion Big Show will defend the gold against Smackdown's Undertaker in a special match at a special time. Big Show helped The Great Khali chokeslam Undertaker at Saturday Night's Main Event, and now "The Deadman" will head to ECW just five days before meeting Khali at The Great American Bash.

Big Show and Undertaker have a long history, whether it be as foes or partners, in fact, the two have even teamed up to win the World Tag Team titles twice. What will happen on extreme turf tonight?

Don't miss the special match at a special time, Kelly Kelly's Expose and more tonight at 11pm/10pm CT on Sci Fi.

Special match at a special time.

Tonight's ECW on Sci Fi begins one hour later than usual, at 11pm/10pm CT.

But things will get hot right at 11pm, as gorgeous exhibitionist Kelly Kelly will kick off ECW on Sci Fi with this week's Expose. Mike Knox has been trying to keep Kelly covered up lately, but ECW fans can only hope that last week's visit from The Sandman will give Knox second thoughts about doing it tonight.

In the main event, ECW World Heavyweight champion Big Show will defend the gold against Smackdown's Undertaker in a special match at a special time. Big Show helped The Great Khali chokeslam Undertaker at Saturday Night's Main Event, and now "The Deadman" will head to ECW just five days before meeting Khali at The Great American Bash.

Big Show and Undertaker have a long history, whether it be as foes or partners, in fact, the two have even teamed up to win the World Tag Team titles twice. What will happen on extreme turf tonight?

Don't miss the special match at a special time, Kelly Kelly's Expose and more tonight at 11pm/10pm CT on Sci Fi.

For the love of God let Mike Knox come out 5 seconds into it and stop it as soon as possible.

Or let Sandman go all out hardcore and cane Kelly right away, then beat the crap out of Mike Knox and set him on fire. That would be a fitting end to two useless "extremists."

According to house show reports, since TNA trademarked "Prince of Punk" when Shannon Moore was under contract, he'll be known here on out as "The Reject". I'm guessing part of the gimmick will be that he was "kicked out" of every other company?

Or let Sandman go all out hardcore and cane Kelly right away, then beat the crap out of Mike Knox and set him on fire. That would be a fitting end to two useless "extremists."

Hey whatever gets me more fantasy points from the Sandman. I'm hoping for at least 10 cane shots tonight.

According to house show reports, since TNA trademarked "Prince of Punk" when Shannon Moore was under contract, he'll be known here on out as "The Reject". I'm guessing part of the gimmick will be that he was "kicked out" of every other company?

Is his finisher called the Rejection? It should be.

NoCalMike is right, though, Show could/likely will come out of this looking weaker by a Khali interferance when it looks like Taker has it won. If Khali is to run-in, let it be sort of early in the match, but not directly involving the finish of the match.

Well I'm skipping this one again until Rob finally shows up and gives me a reason to watch WWECW again.

If your skipping shows just because RVD is gone, I'm guessing you missed last week's good show too.

Yup, Flair as a wannabe "glorified stuntman" doesn't call out to me.

Shannon More looks like a guy that has his mom drop him off at the arena just before the show starts then bitches to everyone in the back how he can't stand the youth of America and fuck conformity and the like. I hope this guy is not on the program very long.

Sandman/Knox will be insignificant, like all of Sandman's previous segments.

I don't like the idea of Undertaker in an ECW ring at all. Flair was kind of cool because he has somewhat of a history with ECW and he's been around so long everyone respects him. The thought of Taz saying "I didn't realize just how extreme the Undertaker could be!" after Taker hits Show with an aluminum trash can lid (it's going to happen) makes me sick inside. It's week 6 of this experiment and the nostalgia has worn so they should stray from the norm and actually try to deliver a good show if they want this brand to have legs.

Just saw it yesterday...last week's ECW was quite awful.

The Big Show and Ric Flair are the two worst "athletes" on the roster, as slow and business-exposing as anyone. Flair should've retired in 1997, and Show has never been any good since putting all the weight in in late '98.

But I guess "OMG there was blood!". Wow. And Flair hitting the shittiest chairshots this side of Lance Storm.

Plus a slow Test/Dreamer bout featuring another guy that should be retired and one that should be unemployed.

Paul E.'s lame nonsense of a rant at the beginning of the show was also reeking of WCW Thunder...boring and making no sense.

I'm failing to see how last week's show, which I thought was the worst one yet after Week 1 and 4, was good.