TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slimm44

SNL being revamped

Theres the Jared's Room webcam show, the GAP commercial, the "You likey the juice" skits, and Weekend Updates. It's worth $5.50 at Wal*Mart.

Wasn't the "you lika the juice" from way back during the Sandler/Schneider/Farley days?

Yes and Sanz redid it

Yeah, Maya was awful. Her Versace (?) was the worst character in the history of SNL. Just so grating and annoying.

And I only have the slightest inkling of who she's parodying. I think she's a fashion designer.

The best stuff I can think of out of Sanz was the "Taco Hole" song and his Gene Shalit, and neither of them are very good.

I say put jericho on the show

GENIUS!

I'm kind of sad to see Parnell and Dratch go. At this point they were two of the funniest, most polished people on the show, capable of taking supporting roles in dumb sketches and making them entertaining. Good role players.

I'd be bummed if Maya was gone. She's hot. And her mom was a great singer.

And Amy Poehler is AWESOME. FUCK HATERS.

I'm a little worried that the show will become the Andy Sandberg/Lost Island-fest now. While that style of comedy would be an improvement, trying to make Andy the next breakout star would be a mistake, because he's no Chevy Chase.

Speaking of Chevy...they should bring him back. And bring back Dana Carvey like someone said. And definitely Jericho. And of course keep Darell Hammond in the Tim Meadows role of guy who's on the show for a million years and yet nobody notices him.

amy poehler is the worst. bottom 5. whats snl missing? two things:

1. drugs

2. danger

wasn't this show once dangerous? wasn't it somethigng that drunk & stoned assholes went out of their way to see at a party? as lorne has gotten older & more conservative, the show has gotten boring. its the show's ideology that brings it down. sure, some of their stars died or fried too much of their brains - but THATS what makes comedy dangerous. i'm not condoning using drugs, but they should just go balls out for funny.

cut that shit down to an hour, and have good music. not the beyonce's of the world. but bad ass artists that young people want to see. not keane.

There's too much corporate money tied up in the show now, that will never happen. Remember when Rage Against the Machine pulled out the upside down flags? That was pretty much the last call for rebellion from musical guests, NBC/GE/ETC had a shitfit. Their fucking music is sponsored by BUDWEISER now!!!!

1. drugs

You think Sanz goes out there sober?

And Poehler just needs to stick with sketches. Let Seth handle update on his own.

1. drugs

You think Sanz goes out there sober?

And Poehler just needs to stick with sketches. Let Seth handle update on his own.

you still have to have some talent. sanz was almost as bad as poehler.

1. drugs

2. danger

wasn't this show once dangerous? wasn't it somethigng that drunk & stoned assholes went out of their way to see at a party? as lorne has gotten older & more conservative, the show has gotten boring. its the show's ideology that brings it down. sure, some of their stars died or fried too much of their brains - but THATS what makes comedy dangerous. i'm not condoning using drugs, but they should just go balls out for funny.

cut that shit down to an hour, and have good music. not the beyonce's of the world. but bad ass PUSSY EMO artists that young people want to see. not keane U2.

SNL needs a fat guy who is on the verge of dying from overdose too bad Sanz does not want to be the next Belushi or Farley.

ya....snl was only great because of belushi & farley. both died after snl. it was the lures of hollywood, not being apart of snl. and i was talkin more of the aykroyd, murray, and murphys of the world. all doped up. all very funny.

People on SNL are still doped up, they're just choosing the wrong drugs. Weed and X don't make you funny, they make you retarded. These kids need to mix in some speed, cocaine and bourbon with their hippy drugs.

I never liked Rachel, especially when she beat Debbie Downer into the ground.

But Parnell? Always underappreciated, never got the love he deserved

Guest ken adams

And Amy Poehler is AWESOME. FUCK HATERS.

You sound just like Stephanie & Vince about HHHHHHHHH.

-----

Steph: "Hey, let's put Hunter Hearst Poehler in EVERY skit!"

Vince: "Sounds good, what could go wrong?"

----

One season later.

----

Vince: "Uh Steph, we just had our worst season of SNLE ever."

Steph: "I don't understand how that could be!! HHP was in every skit, and she is AWESOME!"

Vince: "You're right. Let's get rid of Parnell & everyone else, and totally revamp the show!"

Steph: "Uh, you'll still have HHP in every skit, right?"

Vince: "Of course, what could go wrong?"

I know Mad TV sucks but i really like Michael Mcdonald and will sasso. I say put them on SNL. It will at least be better than Poehler. And why not put her husband on the show?

Yeah, Maya was awful. Her Versace (?) was the worst character in the history of SNL. Just so grating and annoying.

And I only have the slightest inkling of who she's parodying. I think she's a fashion designer.

The best stuff I can think of out of Sanz was the "Taco Hole" song and his Gene Shalit, and neither of them are very good.

"Stop screaming science, you moron!" Hilarious.

I can't believe you guys hate the Donatella sketch. It's been probably the best recurring character of the past decade on SNL with the Night at the Roxbury guys coming in a close second.

"Stop screaming science, you moron!" Hilarious.

I can't believe you guys hate the Donatella sketch. It's been probably the best recurring character of the past decade on SNL with the Night at the Roxbury guys coming in a close second.

No.

Maya Rudolph never did anything remotely funny the 100 years (it seems like it) she was on SNL. Her post 12:30 am skits were awful and her leaving is a huge plus

I agree with bob. Maya was awful. She is a butterface to the extreme. Not as bad as traci brooks but still.

i never found maya as offensive as any of youse.

Not offensive, just unfunny. Unless you count Forte's "It's not half-Black History Month" joke...