TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - July/24th/2006.

Heh, Lita in a 7seconds shirt is kinda cool, since in her book she talks about how they were her first favorite band, and all this other stuff about them.

Once again another reason I will always be a Lita mark.

As indication of such, I'm posting a sign I did back in '01:

amydrawweb.jpg

Fag

Guest DRH 502

Well its the next day and although intitial buzz has wore off, I still say Carlito vs. Benjamin was a damn fine little match...

I dug it. They need to start winning with their finishers, though.

If they let Flair have control over his promos, he'd be doing better.

He's still one of the best guys on the roster right now.

The crowd was alive tonight for once. Maybe because it was a decent show all the way through. They only died for the Diva Search.

I'm hoping Milena or JT win.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

I dislike Umaga, but that Samoan Drop was just awesome. Benjamin-Carlito was a good match, it was pretty weird seeing someone work a body part in WWE. I am so sick of Cena by now, he's actually turning me off segments involving wrestlers I like. Everything he does sucks, from his babbling promos that make no sense, to his shitty wrestling, to that awful STS, where he doesn't do anything to make it look even remotely painful. On the plus side, I laughed for like 5 minutes when JR called Cena "A man's man".

Yea, I'd say whether you like Umaga or not you had to be chuckling after that vicious Samoan drop to HBK. I hope this doesn't mean Umaga is jobbing next week and/or becomes the latest victim of the DX squash machine along with Estrada. I just marked out big time for it because Michaels superkicked Coachman and I was getting ready to turn over to ESPN and BOOM! Umaga appears and levels HBK. Definite mark out moment there.

I also rewatched Benjamin-Carlito and I still like it. Funny how they are more over than Nitro who has the strap but at least Nitro has Melina who I am liking more every week so that makes him tolerable. Carlito needs to give a cool name to that finisher other than "back cracker", though.

The thing that disappointed me a lot about the show is that they could have done a lot better job hyping the main event. As I posted on the previous page, the angle between Edge and Cena should have been played out to start the damn show and not started thirty minutes into it. Whatever happened to the days when the champion was supposed be the focal point of the company? I also got a good old school manager vibe by having Melina and Lita being at ringside and interfering and Nitro/Edge looked good together as a heel tag team.

…The thing that disappointed me a lot about the show is that they could have done a lot better job hyping the main event. As I posted on the previous page, the angle between Edge and Cena should have been played out to start the damn show and not started thirty minutes into it. Whatever happened to the days when the champion was supposed be the focal point of the company?…

Vince happened. You should know by now that his favourites get the lion's share of TV exposure above all else, even the champion. That's why we've been getting nothing but DX, Spirit Squad and Vince's naked ass all over RAW.

I wonder how Edge feels being a two-time, second-tier "transitional" champion. Because that's what he looks like.

I already went on record saying I like Milena in the diva search. Anyone else care to admit which one they like the best?

Maryse was the only Diva Search Contestant I wanted to bang (I'm unaware of any other fucking criteria).

That segment is dead to me.

Heh, Lita in a 7seconds shirt is kinda cool, since in her book she talks about how they were her first favorite band, and all this other stuff about them.

Once again another reason I will always be a Lita mark.

As indication of such, I'm posting a sign I did back in '01:

amydrawweb.jpg

Fag

I make no apologies on the time and effort I put into that fucking picture back in my markdom days.

Hopefully they put Edge/Lita/Nitro/Melina together for a while... they've got potential as a stable (maybe add a person or two down the road).

I guess Foley's a defacto member if they'd start a stable, anyway.

Hopefully they put Edge/Lita/Nitro/Melina together for a while... they've got potential as a stable (maybe add a person or two down the road).

I guess Foley's a defacto member if they'd start a stable, anyway.

I agree with this. They need to take some steps to give each of them a more distinct look from the other though. Foley acting as a heelish sort of manager/mentor for them would work for me. Lita and Melina need to beat the shit out of all the other divas though and then facilitate a Mickie James tweener turn, tentatively aligning herself with Carlito. Carlito and Mickie James promos would be gold.

Why did Carlito vs Shelton happen again? Wasn't last week's match Number 1 contender for the IC title as well?

Why did Carlito vs Shelton happen again? Wasn't last week's match Number 1 contender for the IC title as well?

Carlito cheated.

Shelton complained.

Shelton got his way.

Carlito cheated.

Shelton complained.

Shelton got his way.

So next week we get to see Shelton vs Carlito for the #1 contender for the IC title....part 3?

I dislike Umaga, but that Samoan Drop was just awesome. Benjamin-Carlito was a good match, it was pretty weird seeing someone work a body part in WWE. I am so sick of Cena by now, he's actually turning me off segments involving wrestlers I like. Everything he does sucks, from his babbling promos that make no sense, to his shitty wrestling, to that awful STS, where he doesn't do anything to make it look even remotely painful. On the plus side, I laughed for like 5 minutes when JR called Cena "A man's man".

Actually, I think he improved it this week because he actually torqued his headlock, leaning back more and not having a visible hole between his two forarms and the opponent's neck.

Guest The Prez
I dug it. They need to start winning with their finishers, though.
I'm actually quite liking the way that the matches between them have been close and hard fought, and then it's taken a roll up to steal the pin.

I would agree with you, but it's refreshing to see a break from the usual WWE match formula where the finisher has to win it.

Bret Hart in his prime springs to mind. I loved the way that he could win matches from anywhere, and there was often a slight element of surprise. It's not as though on his big PPV matches he had to use the sharpshooter every time, which I thought was cool.