TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Breakdancingbatista

any links to any EWR type games?

Guest Breakdancingbatista

i really want a game like the old EWR's but up to date. can anyone help me out?

Guest Big_Jay101

You can look up Total Extreme Warfare, but it's not free. You can get EWR find a stats update and then it is up to date.

You can look up Total Extreme Warfare, but it's not free. You can get EWR find a stats update and then it is up to date

Is it just me? or is that game really difficult? I did one week with TNA and i had every wrestler not involved in a story line moaning at me.

but i fuckin love EWR. I just need to get a new update for it. Saying that, the best way to play that game is to create your own fed and hire loads of young wrestlers and build them and your fed up.

On the version i have, Generalli Intikami and Five Star Flash are good. Also, the Ballard Brothers (shane and shannon) are good to build up your tag team division.

You can look up Total Extreme Warfare, but it's not free. You can get EWR find a stats update and then it is up to date

Is it just me? or is that game really difficult? I did one week with TNA and i had every wrestler not involved in a story line moaning at me.

but i fuckin love EWR. I just need to get a new update for it. Saying that, the best way to play that game is to create your own fed and hire loads of young wrestlers and build them and your fed up.

On the version i have, Generalli Intikami and Five Star Flash are good. Also, the Ballard Brothers (shane and shannon) are good to build up your tag team division.

I agree. TEW, for me, was way too involved. I lost interest before my trial even expired. EWR, on the other hand, still holds my interest. It has it's bugs, sure, but it's beautiful in it's simplicity.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

If you want it up to date, just get EWR, then go to the EWR forums and download a stat update here

The problem with TEW is not the fact that it is involved, its the fact that you too many things are left up to you.

Originally there was nothing in terms of storylines for players to use. You'd almost hafta create all of them. And creating the right one was annoying because you had to make it based on a certain amount of stats to be good.

As soon as "no point" storyline (meaning anything goes) was introduced, I went with that myself during my trial. Because you could book it on the fly and you didn't need to have book that feud every show to maintain its overness (which was a problem with the other storylines).

Add in too many unnecessary menus that complicated things when they needn't be, and you got a genuine mess. I'm still looking forward to see if TEW2 will be better than the original, but until then I'll play EWR myself.

My main problem with TEW was that after putting all that efford into matches and a show, it just came back in the summary saying "Rob van Damn beat Sabu in a tables match" as opposed to having the whole story etc in EWR.

The problem with TEW is not the fact that it is involved, its the fact that you too many things are left up to you.

Originally there was nothing in terms of storylines for players to use. You'd almost hafta create all of them. And creating the right one was annoying because you had to make it based on a certain amount of stats to be good.

As soon as "no point" storyline (meaning anything goes) was introduced, I went with that myself during my trial. Because you could book it on the fly and you didn't need to have book that feud every show to maintain its overness (which was a problem with the other storylines).

Add in too many unnecessary menus that complicated things when they needn't be, and you got a genuine mess. I'm still looking forward to see if TEW2 will be better than the original, but until then I'll play EWR myself.

Have you tried Ryland's Wrestling Spirit sim? It guides the career of a wrestler (instead of plyaing the promoter). I'm going to check out the demo soon.

I bought both TEW and TEW2k5. TEW was a great game, easily better then both 2k5 and EWR. While things got more complicated then EWR, the rewards were far greater.

Something was lost in the transition from TEW2k5. I think Ryland got full of himself and figured that he knew what he wanted. He took out alot of things, and changed things for the worse. Load times got better, yes, but at the same time things were completely out of place and it wasn't half as easy to easily change things as in 2k4.

Simply put, in 2k4, I played for years in game. In 2k5, I've never finished a year. It's just a chore.

TEW 2007 is sounding like it's going to take the best features of both to create a better game. Ryland's seemingly admitted he fucked up and is announcing alot of the little shit that he took out of 2k4. Title Prestige is back, User Characters are back, and several other things.

He's got my money........AGAIN.

I regret all the Wrestling Spirit games though.

Where can you download the editor you could use to change workers stats while you're playing the game?

I have workers with low morale who I just can't seem to raise and I know in that editor, you could raise them to 100.

Where can you download the editor you could use to change workers stats while you're playing the game?

I have workers with low morale who I just can't seem to raise and I know in that editor, you could raise them to 100.

I belive it's in the same forum.. http://www.ewbattleground.com/

Their not bad, they just get old, and the AI is kinda cheap.

I mean, for a career sim, it's alright, but it never really gets past just matches. You dont' feel any connection to the character or the world your in.

This has made me want to play EWR.

My biggest acievment was building my company from the bottom of the table to nearly competeing with WWE. Untill the bought a lot of my talent. The bastards.

I also enjoyed hiring all wrestlers with Dragon in their name and creating a stable out of them.

Praise be. I lost EWR from my computer a while back and am too bone-idle to search it out, so kudos for the links.

WreSpi is a good concept but I never really got into it. You could work the bodyparts sure, but if psychology like that came into the game it never really showed. A lot of the counters seemed to happen with no rhyme or reason either. After a while, you just rush through the matches double clicking on the first move or counter your mouse lands on and waiting until you got a win. Seeing as it's geared towards the 'smart' fan who cares about that junk, it needs some tweaking to make it less...well, less of a spotfest, for lack of a better term.