TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

Early spoiler from tonight's Impact taping

TNA had planned on a Joe vs. Goldberg dream match at some point, so in order to get that and use it to "make" Joe (since only Sting can really give him a star rub...Jarrett, Steiner and Christian do not have that superstar aura), it could be worth the gamble. I'm assuming TNA wouldn't be stupid to give him a Hogan type contract with creative control and whatnot.

Guest ChampKind

Let's see...two months before the fact...a spoiler that distinctly says IF Jarrett passes the test (which he won't, him failing fits his chicken shit heel character...hypothetical situations involving wrestlers not even on the roster...YEAH FUCK TNA! :rolleyes: Wait and see how it pans out before going apeshit, will ya?

TNA better have a plan of action to make what appears to be happening here work, as it sounds like a horrible plan on paper.

First, what about a proposed Sting v. Jarrett blowoff at BFG? Does the company really think anyone gives two shits about this apathetic feud, especially after the ppv last Sunday? Title or no, title, Sting could and should be used much better than this for the showcase ppv, like ummm, fuckin Christian v. Sting maybe?!!!

With that said, I honestly can't see the company NOT going with Sting/Christian for BFG (title or not is irrelevant) and either Joe/Jarrett or Joe/Goldberg for BFG also at this point. This is kind of how I see this evolving....

Jarrett obviously fails this test and the fans apparently demand Sting v. Jarrett in a cage at No Surrender for the title, one last blowoff match. The impression the company wants to try to make is it will be a big deal this is booked for No Surrender sicne it was "originally the big match at the big show". It admittedly might draw interest to the marks if they do it like this. If they get Goldberg signed soon then (if they sign him, he needs to show up at the next ppv intially to make an open challenge for BFG), I see a Sting win, leading to Christian/Sting for the belt at BFG with undercard of Joe/Goldberg and Jarrett/Raven (just b/c they seem to be bringing back the Raven got screwed in Canada angle). If they dont get Goldberg signed, Jarrett wins again going to Joe/Jarrett for the title at BFG.

You can't book Joe/Goldberg right off the bat, though. Besides huge $$$ demands, you have to assume that Goldberg wouldn't dive right into a feud with Joe unless he's winning, and I think everyone would agree that someone established like Goldberg isn't the person to end Joe's streak. It's a waste.

You can't book Joe/Goldberg right off the bat, though. Besides huge $$$ demands, you have to assume that Goldberg wouldn't dive right into a feud with Joe unless he's winning, and I think everyone would agree that someone established like Goldberg isn't the person to end Joe's streak. It's a waste.

They could easily do a no desicion for their first match though (which needs to happen anyway to really give the feud legs), it would be worth it to really draw the interest to BFG if they could get Goldberg signed. A rematch could be milked for a good 2-3 months after.

Cornette announces that the match will happen at Bound for Glory and he's tired of all the conspiracies, so next week, Jarrett will "be on trial." He noted that Jarrett passed a lie detector test and if he passes this, he won't have to wrestle until Bound for Glory. If Jarrett fails any part of the test, the fans will get their chance to get even with Jarrett.

I think a lot of you are jumping the gun. Read that part of the spoiler again.

Jarrett will fail the test, meaning a)the fans will choose to pit him against Joe at No Surrender, Joe will win the belt, and then JJ/Sting can wrap up at Bound For Glory without the title involved. Then there's option b)The fans will choose to have Jarrett have to take Sting on right away, at No Surrender, leaving the title shot open for Joe at Bound For Glory.

A distant chance would be to have Joe win the belt on an episode of Impact, but I can't see that happening at all, unless they really do hope to spike ratings and give us a marquee main event episode.

I'm with Zack on the Jarrett failing the test deal.

His character seems to be a parody of himself right now. Cornette having the fans choose who Jarrett faces, or what stipulations there are for failing the test and "the fans will get their chance to get even with Jarrett", is just furthering the parody. It's like they know everyone hates the hell out of Jarrett, so thier making that his character.

I think Goldberg/Joe don't need a typical build up, just video packages. So when these two actually see each other face to face for the first time the crowd(on ppv) will explode. Those two will have to be banned from the Impact Zone before the big match.

I have no idea where TNA is going though.

JJ vs.Sting vs.Joe seems highly possible but how can a person career be on the line in a triple threat?

JJ vs.JOe seems possible if Joe beats JJ at No Surrender but then the proposed Sting vs.JJ career match will be off.

Where do Christian fit in?

Cornette announces that the match will happen at Bound for Glory and he's tired of all the conspiracies, so next week, Jarrett will "be on trial." He noted that Jarrett passed a lie detector test and if he passes this, he won't have to wrestle until Bound for Glory. If Jarrett fails any part of the test, the fans will get their chance to get even with Jarrett.

I think a lot of you are jumping the gun. Read that part of the spoiler again.

Jarrett will fail the test, meaning a)the fans will choose to pit him against Joe at No Surrender, Joe will win the belt, and then JJ/Sting can wrap up at Bound For Glory without the title involved. Then there's option b)The fans will choose to have Jarrett have to take Sting on right away, at No Surrender, leaving the title shot open for Joe at Bound For Glory.

A distant chance would be to have Joe win the belt on an episode of Impact, but I can't see that happening at all, unless they really do hope to spike ratings and give us a marquee main event episode.

I'm with Zack on the Jarrett failing the test deal.

His character seems to be a parody of himself right now. Cornette having the fans choose who Jarrett faces, or what stipulations there are for failing the test and "the fans will get their chance to get even with Jarrett", is just furthering the parody. It's like they know everyone hates the hell out of Jarrett, so thier making that his character.

Will they suddenly start promoting a CYBER SUNDAY (CY-UNDAY~?) PPV where (for the first time ever in the great history of our great sport) the fans will get to VOTE ONLINE~!

My brother told me the other day that the guy who might end Joe's streak is Bobby Roode. I thought that was the most idiotic shit I've heard in months. Roode is like the 4th most talented guy out of Team Canada for crying out loud. What does it say about Roode when he had that handicapped match with Rhino and the portions with Scott D'Amore and Rhino were BETTER than when he was in the match?

FroGG, the notion of Jarrett as a parody of himself is one reason I don't actually mind his absurd screwjob wins in the main event. He's such a weak champion that it's amusing...hell he's not even a proactive cheater! He won the title with Larry Z. and Hebner screwing everyone, not due to his own cheating. He retained over Sting due to a Christian heel turn. Hell, if Jarrett would at least do some cheating for himself people would get off his case, haha.

Not only can Jarrett not beat any major star without ludicrous screwjobs, but he can't even beat non contenders. What kind of heel champ can't beat ANYBODY at all without copious cheating for his faction or people doing heel turns? Flair at the height of the 4 Horsemen could beat some guys without blatant run ins. HHH has beaten a bunch of guys clean as a heel. Jarrett would need Steiner running in, a ref bump, and a heel turn to beat Taka Michinoku.

They've always seen something in Harris as a solo star (remember the orignial planned breakup, and the main event push he got in the babyface Russo days?). However, I have a feeling that Storm as the drunk punk cowboy is going to get more over than Harris should they break up.

I remember Chris Harris being over. He was very solid and look like a future superstar.

I think AMW ran their course. They won many championships together, had their defying match as a tag team already and probably the most famous TNA match ever. Main event ppvs which is very rare for tag teams these days.They was over as faces and is over as heels(Impact Zone don't cheer them). It's really nothing left,there's no territories for them to go to.

Chris Harris has a bright future and him,Joe and Roode will be main eventing TNA ppvs together within the next 3 years. James Storm will make his mark in the mid card.

I've thought Chris Harris had singles superstar all over him for a while now. He strikes me as a combo of Edge and Bret Hart in terms of look. He can move in the ring too. Just needs to improve his mic work a bit.

Wonder why some of these TNA guys who have been there forever don't try to go to WWE?

Well, AMW could have added something to either Raw or SD's tag division at the time....but good grief how could they not sign Abyss? They bring in dipshits like the fake Kane and Great Khali, yet pass on an actually good worker who could have a money drawing feud with UT or Kane?

Make way for the Taker's crazy cousin Abyss!

I'm sure after working with each other for so long, they would have a good singles match together. If the program didn't run too long, maybe a PPV or two (having some story build for a second match), I'm sure it would be entertaining. After which, they would go their seperate ways.

Anyone interested in a Chris Harris/James Storm feud?

Anyone at all?

Me neither.

No, only because i still like to see them as a tag team. What can i say, i like a good tag team divison.

A for the BFG situation, im going to see how this plays out with the next set of tapings. Im assuming JJ will fail the test and we'll see JJ/Sting at No Surrender, and that leaves it open for Joe. but this all up in the air atm, dont judge these tapings just yet.