TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

Madden NFL 07

has anybody else had the game come to an abrupt halt with thirty seconds left? and then, flash up the white text "there is a problem with your disc. it may be dirty or damaged." and then NEVER DO ANYTHING and leave me having to completely replay a game?

cause it happened to my xbox copy.

Guest Vitamin X
has anybody else had the game come to an abrupt halt with thirty seconds left? and then, flash up the white text "there is a problem with your disc. it may be dirty or damaged." and then NEVER DO ANYTHING and leave me having to completely replay a game?

cause it happened to my xbox copy.

You know, my copy of NCAA Football 06 has been doing that lately. I can never get past 3:40-something left to play against Fresno State for some reason, and that exact thing happens. Thinking about just simming past it, but I'd rather just sell the damn thing and my games, save up for a 360 and a Wii.

I was up 14-12 with 1:30 left or something like that. I just wanted to run the ball and kill time. So I run it with Bush and score a TD. Kick the ball off and get the ball back because of a pick. I run the ball with Bush and score another TD. Kick the ball off and they eventually score. There is :10 left and I just want to run the clock out, but I score another TD with Bush.

He ends up with 280 rushing and 3 TDs.

I was up 14-12 with 1:30 left or something like that. I just wanted to run the ball and kill time. So I run it with Bush and score a TD. Kick the ball off and get the ball back because of a pick. I run the ball with Bush and score another TD. Kick the ball off and they eventually score. There is :10 left and I just want to run the clock out, but I score another TD with Bush.

He ends up with 280 rushing and 3 TDs.

I hate it when that happens.

A few thoughts after playing this for a few days...

-I'm really liking HOF mode after starting a new one as a Vick-like QB. I guess I like the ability to have more control of the offense. I just wish I had more time to play it.

-Does it seem sort of lazy to anybody else how a lot of the rookies and second-year players don't have pictures? Like how Reggie Bush has a picture, but Mario Williams(you know, the number one draft pick) doesn't? And how they basically just gave all of them close crop hair, when they obviously don't? I don't know, that just annoys me. Maybe it's just the PS2 verison.

-My agent threatened to choke slam me after I fired him. That was awesome.

Well, I started my Bills dynasty. Currently have 3 "rookie" QBs trying to earn the starting job, including Losman. I'm gonna try that this season and see how it works. If it fails, I'll just trade Losman and draft a new first round QB.

I then traded away McGahee and his injury prone status for a 2nd rounder. Stupid injury prone status made me lose out on a first, but I figured it was a fair trade off. In a seperate deal, I aquired Drew-Jones to be my current starting HB.

And because Evans commands too much money, I also traded him away for a 1st rounder (and another player whom I forget), meanwhile aquiring Engram from the Seahawks to be my 2nd WR (because I'm #1 right now). He's only got 1 year left on his current contract, but I figured that I could bring him over and just see what happens. Considering I've got Andre Davis and Price as my next guys on the depth chart I figured that was the best idea.

...yes, I really am trying to make my team shitty. And before anyone asks about the cap situation, Evans is the only one who greatly hurts my cap, and I can deal with that situation.

Ok, is anyone else's Madden "crashing" on them? I've had it happen twice now and frankly its not my PS2 cause none of my other games are crashing. It also crashed while I was saying so I just lost my dynasty...

*sigh*

Guest Princess Leena

Happens quite a bit for me on PC. Usually when I have other programs running, though.

In this last season I finished in HOF mode, Mathias Kiwanuka had 14 sacks....but only 12 tackles. I don't know how that works. I'm pretty sure a sack counts as a tackle. Since you know, you're tackling the QB behind the line of scrimmage. Eh, minor gripe.

Is this worth getting when the only thing you really do is Franchise? I already have 2006, so if there weren't many improvements in that department then there really isn't much use in me picking it up.

Plus, I only play it on the PC, and since I have no controller, playing games is virtually impossible at times.

I once caught a ball through a guy.

So in my franchise, I am in the playoffs as the 4th seed. Which sucks because I had the 2nd best record in the NFC, but didn't win my division because I lost to the Eagles once and we had the same record. But I guess since they had more points for, 8 more than I did, they won the divison.

I don't mind because I actually have a better record on the road.

Guest Princess Leena

Had to be poor Rex Grossman who did that too. Watch his arm get broken in week 1. :P

The Aaron Brooks glitch happens way too much in every EA football game... inexcusable shit.

Well I managed to get my PS2 to play some Madden games, and my Bills dynasty is going ... pretty well. I lost Losman and his back till week 5 or 6, so went out and picked up Shockley to fill in and signed Kordell Stewart to back him up.

My defense isn't too bad, but my offense is just horrbile. I've got one player doing all the work for the air attack (my created self) and my ground game is being run by Jerome Harrison who's probably only getting running lanes because it breaks down into holes that only a skillful insane madman can get into.

Ok, I've got a question for you people out there. Through a lot of trades, I've got 3 first round draft picks. But I've sort of run into a problem. Like some help with it.

I'm really at a loss for what to draft. I'm thinking of drafting maybe a HB, just because Harrison's not really stamina built and he fumbles occassionally. And by stamina problems, I mean he can only survive 3 big hits per time before needing a serious rest.

But at the same time, the guy's racking up yards (1000+ in 9 games), has a carry rate of 5.4, and he's done it only on barely 200 carries. With my subpar o-line that's letting Shockley be sacked enough to be leading the league, I don't know how I can justify drafting a HB when Harrison's doing so well.

My QB situation seems really great now as Shockley come into his own (or rather I've figured out how to utilize him proper) and he's putting up MVP numbers and is a candidate for MVP. So I'm not really in need of a QB either, yet Brady Quinn is there...

My WR core is pretty awesome as I've got my created self working magic (MVP candidate) and Andre Davis is coming into his own as a second receiver for me. Hell, I threw more to Andre Davis in my last game than myself, and that scares me cause my "#1" always gets the most receptions every game.

Defensively, I'm currently #1 in the NFL for rush defense 587 yards allowed in 9 games, so I'm good there too. My pass defense though is attrocious being nearly dead last (28th) in the NFL, but my guys make key pick offs this year so I haven't been hurt badly (except for the first 4 games), so I don't know if I should draft defensively either.

What should I do for the upcoming draft? About the only thing I can figure is use a first rounder on a WR perhaps, but after that, I've got no idea. Should I snap up some better CBs, or should I go for better linebackers? Perhaps trade down for more picks?

BTW, I'm 9-0 on the season. I'd be more proud of my record though if I didn't play injury depleted teams. My only tough contest was against a fully healthy Patriots team.

Oh, and that's something that's odd. This whole season the injury rate is insane. Like the Seahawks have Moats starting because SA and um... what's his name both went down. The amount of injuries currently is insane. I'm just happy that my injury bug happened early in the season.

The only glitch I ever had was that arm bending one, and I've only seen it once... nothing else so far thankfully. I think if I got the Aaron Brooks! glitch a few times... that I would have taken the game back.

Who's still playing this? I've been playing online lately (360... my original Xbox copy is collecting dust) and have joined a 16 team league which was set up at another forum.

I'm about to (finally) start a franchise mode on the 360 game. I had played through a couple seasons in the fall on my Xbox version.

Guest Princess Leena

I just started on the Wii version.

Offensive controls are so much fun to play with.

Had a Superstar on the XBox version last year, started from NCAA Football. A QB with 99's basically everywhere. It was fun destroying all defenses. :)

I had the delay of game clitch happen to me, I had just intercepted a pass. then the camera cutscene to the player walking to the sideline, then run back onto the field, while offense is there, then the play clock is at 0 and they still let me get a play in and then called a penalty on me for delay of game.

Had a Superstar on the XBox version last year, started from NCAA Football. A QB with 99's basically everywhere. It was fun destroying all defenses. :)

Whats your opinion of the defensive controls since thats what everyone bitches about..

Anyone else have the game freeze on them? This happens whenever I score after the 2 minute warning before the half. If I'm trailing and want to keep playing, I have to run out the clock or no dice. This is the Wii version, btw.

I don't have too many problems with the defense. The rip/swim motions don't seem to register very well, which makes it nearly impossible to break through the line, but that's pretty much it. I can swat, catch, strip the ball and go for the 'big hit' just fine. I'm not particularly good at it, but it works.

I have a problem. For some reason, even when I load the rosters, I can't start franchise with anything but the default rosters. I want the current ones. How do I do that?

If you figure it out, let me know, as I'd like to have Oakland, Houston, Cleveland, etc. actually suck instead of being 1-2 points behind a competitive team in their conference.

That said, I made a 360 Superstar out of Adrian Peterson; with 4 games left we're 4-8 and I'm at around 1800 yards rushing. We could've competed if Frye hadn't been the starter for the first half of the season when we went 2-6 (4 touchdowns to 18 picks completely cancels out the mobility, especially since he never uses it...). Of course, we've won the last 2 games, just to be sure Cleveland doesn't get a good enough pick to take anybody decent that's not a DE.

Also, I've run into a severe lack of injuries in my Franchises. I've got about 4 full seasons played and I think I've seen 1 injury that resulted in a player missing more than a couple quarters. (And I've played as the Panthers and Browns, so it's not like I'm playing as the ultimates in durability, I've had Deshaun Foster, Dan Morgan, Kellen Winslow...)

Whats your opinion of the defensive controls since thats what everyone bitches about..

I'm a big fan of them.

The only thing I don't like is changing plays on defense. When they are in a hurry up offense, it's a pain in the ass to point to the QB and change the play quickly.

I started a fantasy draft with the G-Men and I have a sick team right now.

QB: Brees

RB: Johnson

RB: Edge James

WR: Steve Smith

WR: Darrell Jackson

WR: Jerry Porter

WR: Julian Battle

WR: Stokley

TE: Shockey

(I don't know the name of my line, but they are all above 90s)

OLB: Joey Porter

OLB: Jackson (some computer generated guy who is above an 85)

MLB: Trotter

FS: O'Neil

SS: Polamalu

CB: Brown

CB: Tillman

(I can't think of my DL because they don't do shit anyway and I can't think of the rest of my CBs.)

I drafted Tom Brady an Polamalu orignally. Traded Polamalu for Drew Brees then Brady for Johnson. Then two seasons later, Polamalu was a free agent so I grabbed him. I got most of the other people from either trading draft picks or just signing guys to 5-7 year deals so I have a lot of cap room. If I played for 10 seasons or so, I'd be fucked because my team is starting to get old.

I still haven't won a SB. I lost in the first round in one, the NFC conference in one and the SB last year.