TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

Madden NFL 07

One week from today Madden will make it's annual release. And for the first time in about three years, I'm pretty damn excited. Looks like the 360 version won't be half assed this year, complete with every feature in current gen and I did see some very nice pregame presentation videos on IGN feauting player introductions.

This year, we will see a "Hall of Fame" edition for both 360 and Playstation 2 The extra features for both versions can be viewed here.

Madden will also be a launch title for both Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii.

After seeing some videos, I got excited about Madden and went out and pre-ordered the game for the 360. Just the regular verison, it looks like the collector's editon just comes with a differant picture and a dvd and thats it, not really worth it.

I get it soon.

I want to see how my NFL Coach players do.

?

Guest guerillagenius

I get it soon.

I want to see how my NFL Coach players do.

?

I assume she's talking about using players she's saved in the NFL Headcoach game.

After seeing some videos, I got excited about Madden and went out and pre-ordered the game for the 360. Just the regular verison, it looks like the collector's editon just comes with a differant picture and a dvd and thats it, not really worth it.

Hasn't that been every collector's edition for every video game ever?

70 bones Canadian pre-tax is plenty for me to give up.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty stoked. I haven't had a football vid since this time last year, when I sold my brother my Xbox and ESPN 2K5.

Hasn't that been every collector's edition for every video game ever?

70 bones Canadian pre-tax is plenty for me to give up.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty stoked. I haven't had a football vid since this time last year, when I sold my brother my Xbox and ESPN 2K5.

Yup and I think the Halo 2 S.E. has been the one of the best Speical editions out of a good number. Doom 3 was good until they released the same thing and called it a expansion pack for cheaper months later. Anything else thats had a collectors edition has been a let down.

I still wish EA and Madden would come out with MADDEN: EXPANSION or whatever you want to call it. They did Head Coach, I cannot understand how they are missing out on the messed up insanity of starting a franchise.

I'll wait on this one. While the graphics look nice, the features aren't exciting me and I need EA to offer me something different since I really don't enjoy the Madden franchise all that much.

No. I think part of the deal for games is Salary Cap always hasta be there. Personally I like it there.

Personally, I'm just hoping that my NCAA players get rated better. I hate having a guy who has like 99 overall become a shitty player because he's being drafted to Madden.

Just drop the damn awareness and leave the rest of his ratings alone. Please. I don't want my star players in NCAA to lose a shitload of ratings.

I'm thinking I'll make either a Falcons dynasty or whoever sucks the most dynasty. And then try drafting my players.

Will the old teams have names/accurate numbers for the players?

"And the quarterback for the 1966 Green Bay Packers...Number 32!"

Yeah, I never understood that. I mean, I can understand not being able to use former players' actual names, but I don't see what is wrong with using the right numbers. How lame.

Yeah, I never understood that. I mean, I can understand not being able to use former players' actual names, but I don't see what is wrong with using the right numbers. How lame.

I'm pretty sure they can use the names of any players who are current members of the NFLPA but they would have to compensate any former player to use their name and number, so that is why they don't do it.

My players from my college dynasty get no love in the draft classes. :( this sucks.

Fuck Madden. I guess I can kind of see wanting to watch your dynasty players get drafted to an NFL team, but I can't imagine playing it regularly when I already have NCAA. I mean, college football's hella fun, and the NFL sucks dick. If I buy it, it will only be because I play poker for a living, win and lose thousands of dollars in a day, and don't give a flying fuck about money. Why a person working a 9 to 5 job would buy both is beyond me.

Guest guerillagenius
Fuck Madden. I guess I can kind of see wanting to watch your dynasty players get drafted to an NFL team, but I can't imagine playing it regularly when I already have NCAA. I mean, college football's hella fun, and the NFL sucks dick. If I buy it, it will only be because I play poker for a living, win and lose thousands of dollars in a day, and don't give a flying fuck about money. Why a person working a 9 to 5 job would buy both is beyond me.

Wow, you are so cool. [/sarcasm]

So a person who works a 9 to 5 job can't enjoy both? How in god's name does that make sense? I do enjoy college football(at least video games) over pro football, but why can't I enjoy both?

Your comment is just absoutley baseless.

My players from my college dynasty get no love in the draft classes. :( this sucks.

Usually mine don't either. But hey. You know what your players can do, so you can turn around and draft them to your pro team.

Me personally, I'm going to try to draft Paul Smith, my junior halfback that left. He put up some respectable numbers and frankly I think he'll make a great addition to any team I play.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to think of which team to play. I'm half tempted to take the worst team and play as them, but then again I'm also tempted to take my Falcons (my fav team) and trade away Michael Vick in year 2 and draft my current starter in my NCAA game (cause he's a senior, is like Vick, but throws better).

Just a heads up to everyone here planning to get Madden tomorrow...

I have heard of this glitch (EA is selling it as a feature) that many people say could be a game killer. (Thankfully there is a way around it). I think the glitch/feature will only affect 360 users but I could be wrong.

Basically what happens is Hall of Fame players will begin appearing on other teams' rosters within either Franchise or Superstar mode. For example, one guy said he saw Chuck Bednarik playing linebacker for the Patriots and Sammy Baugh at QB for the Bucs. For someone like me, who basically only plays Franchise mode, this could have been a disaster but luckily there is a fix which can be found at this link.

Guest Princess Leena

If iggy really makes as much money as he says (most poker players do not brag), then he must be up there with Matusow. Please get on one of the 1000 TV tournies.

I should have the game tonight. I only care where my players are drafted.

Just a heads up to everyone here planning to get Madden tomorrow...

I have heard of this glitch (EA is selling it as a feature) that many people say could be a game killer. (Thankfully there is a way around it). I think the glitch/feature will only affect 360 users but I could be wrong.

Basically what happens is Hall of Fame players will begin appearing on other teams' rosters within either Franchise or Superstar mode. For example, one guy said he saw Chuck Bednarik playing linebacker for the Patriots and Sammy Baugh at QB for the Bucs. For someone like me, who basically only plays Franchise mode, this could have been a disaster but luckily there is a fix which can be found at this link.

I read threw enough pages to find out that it is at this moment confirmed as only just a 360 glitch, but we'll see if it applies to all of them.

You know...I've been posting here for years and I can honestly say that ^ is one of the worst posts I've ever read.

Guest Princess Leena

I sort of agree, though.

I mean, if you're paying $100 for both games (and possibly more if you're the type that must have them on multiple systems), it is rather crazy since they both are basically the same game, and get very few updates every year.

*shrugs* Personally, they are quite different in terms of the business side things. Besides, they aren't really the same in gameplay either because the offenses are majorily different with the offensive side of things. In Madden most of the offenses are run the exact same way, whereas you've got many different styles in the college game.

I don't play madden. I actually play the games on NCAA, but just sim everything on madden. already led the bills to the super bowl, and I'm tired of it.

Guest Princess Leena

I also sim every game on Madden. The gameplay is just too boring to me. Every team is basically the same.

I sort of agree, though.

I mean, if you're paying $100 for both games (and possibly more if you're the type that must have them on multiple systems), it is rather crazy since they both are basically the same game, and get very few updates every year.

What if you like both games though? Then how is it crazy? If someone gets enjoyment out of both games, then it's worth the 100$ you spend on it.

It's really as simple as that. I get more enjoyment out of NCAA just cause I love to recruit, but I like Madden because of importing NCAA's draft classes and seeing how my players do in the NFL.

Guest Princess Leena

That's a lot to justify for a football game. Most couldn't. Obviously, many football fans do. :) I'm just saying.

Personally, I like the challenge of having to develop the college players into NFL players. It gives me a challenge on the difficulty that I am on (All Pro/Madden.) I rent the NCAA games, do a quick two year dynasty and save the draft class. I pretty much spend only 50-55 bucks, and I enjoy Madden and both games. I'm also picking it up to get the legends which is expanded. Good mix of the old and new, which calls for a dream game. Considering that I work a 9-to-5 job, it's fucking fun laying out Lee Suggs with Joey Porter, and running guys over with Bettis.