TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

Judah officially falls to gatekeeper status with this loss. This was a terrible time to come up short as he could've easily had 2 big fights with a victory in the hottest division in boxing.

As an aside, whoever is handling Paul Williams needs to be fired. How Williams wasn't there to confront Margarito is unthinkable. Williams has to force himself into the conversation at this point.

Manny Pacquiao will announce tomorrow if he will fight Oscar de la Hoya on in December.

Edit- No need to wait, fight's not happening.

Mosley provided the most enjoyable KO of the year! Mayorga is the perfect heel and his antics Rd after Rd had me begging for Mosley to hit him with that sledgehammer left hook to end the fight.

Pavlik vs Hopkins is next and I can't wait for the 24/7 shows.

I think Hopkins takes the fight in the worst big matchup of the year. I could see it being dubbed as wrestlemania at the end of it.

That was a great way for one of my all-time favorites to go out. Oh wait, he's not going to go out.

If he fights again, I want him to fight Forrest...beat his ass, and finish up by fighting Berto.

If he fights again, I want him to fight Forrest...beat his ass

The chances of that happening is about the same chances of bob barron hooking up with a hot babe.

Forrest has Mosley's number, since the amatuers... Style wise Forrest is a nightmare for Mosley. Plus the fights are boring anyway, I don't want to see it again... It's not like Mosley did anything in those 2 fights to make me think he can beat Forrest again, especially now that he's older. He didn't look great against Mayorga either.

I'd like to see him fight Berto, it would be a good way for Berto to test his skills against one of the divisons best.

Hey boxing fans... is the Berto fight from last night considered a "good fight?"

I caught maybe two rounds and man...I could barely watch. It was punch, punch...clinch...get admonished by the ref...punch, punch...clinch. It was excruciating. I hated it. Hopefully this was considered a bad fight or I'll probably never watch boxing again.

If Shane's ever had a chance to beat Forrest, it's now. They're both a bit worn and might be on a more even playing field than they were back in the day. Also, Shane certainly didn't embarass himself in the rematch back then.

I don't know about you, 909, but I'm finding it more dificult to pick new favorite boxers.

If Shane's ever had a chance to beat Forrest, it's now. They're both a bit worn and might be on a more even playing field than they were back in the day. Also, Shane certainly didn't embarass himself in the rematch back then.

Even now I think Forrest is a big favorite... Forrest looked great in the Mora rematch, and when motivated is dangerous to any fighter, especially with his jab, when he actually throws it.

Shane didn't embarass himself in the rematch, but he still clearly lost. I saw nothing from Mosley in the Mayorga fight that makes me think he will beat Forrest right now.

I've got a few favorites, but yeah, it is hard to pick newer guys up because they just aren't breaking through for whatever reason. When I get back later I'll make a list of guys I like that everyone else should too.

I like Paul Williams, myself... Humble dude, doesn't hype himself up or play to the cameras, plus I love his style.

The attributes which you admire in Williams so much is eactly the reason he is a veritable unknown to most boxing fans. He should be challenging other title-holders Clubber Lang style at every major fight. He KO'd the current champion and yet I haven't seen him come out and challenge him at all. The guy was at the Mosley match last night, that would've been a 2 for 1 publicity stunt for Williams.

I like Paul Williams, myself... Humble dude, doesn't hype himself up or play to the cameras, plus I love his style.

The attributes which you admire in Williams so much is eactly the reason he is a veritable unknown to most boxing fans. He should be challenging other title-holders Clubber Lang style at every major fight. He KO'd the current champion and yet I haven't seen him come out and challenge him at all. The guy was at the Mosley match last night, that would've been a 2 for 1 publicity stunt for Williams.

Koed the current champion? Margarito? Uh no. He won a close pehaps generous unamious decision that many writers also scored for Margarito or had a draw. Paul Williams also just suffered an emberassing loss that now avenged was still a bit of a set back.

Koed the current champion? Margarito? Uh no. He won a close pehaps generous unamious decision that many writers also scored for Margarito or had a draw. Paul Williams also just suffered an emberassing loss that now avenged was still a bit of a set back.

Who are these writers who scored the Margarito/Williams fight for Margarito? Williams was a clear winner in a close fight. Don't try to make it sound like a controversial desicion. Williams landed more and threw more, he pretty much landed at a 2:1 ratio.

My list. I'll do this for each division. I'm just naming dudes I like, then I'll number them at the end.

David Haye is moving up to heavyweight. Here's a good KO victory at cruiserweight.

I don't care about anyone left at cruiserweight. Or anyone at Light Heavyweight, save maybe whoever's facing Tarver. Whoever that happens to be, for that night, I like them.

Super middleweight has a glut of dudes with the ability to fuck shit up.

Mikkel Kessler lost to Calzaghe, but he's still an assassin. He's fighting a bum next month. I'll watch it on the internet.

I also like watching Carl Froch and Allan Green. I like this division a lot.

Middleweight has Artur Abraham and Kelly Pavlik. Nuff said. Unfortunately that's it. I can't put into words how much I like Pavlik.

Junior middleweight is a mess. But James Kirkland will clean that division up. He and Alfredo Angulo will showdown at some point. Kirkland is one of my favorites. In all black.

I suppose Shane is at junior middleweight too. And Chavez Jr.

At welterweight, Paul Williams. I don't like Andre Berto, so now's a good time to say I'd like his head to be knocked off.

I don't like any junior welterweights that much. I like Timothy Bradley and Ricardo Torres a little.

Lightweight is a good division. No favorites. Oh, except Manny. Pound for pound king.

130, good division, don't like anyone.

Featherweight has Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Only 11 pro fights, but I love watching him beat people up.

I like Vazquez more than Marquez at 122.

And I think Vic Darchinyan is a sick asshole, but I like him too.

So my list would be like this.

1. Shane

2. Pavlik

3. Manny

4. Gamboa

5. Kirkland

6. Kessler

7. Williams

And I want Roy Jones to beat Joe Calzaghe. But that's it.

Not counting Shane or Tito, who I assume is officially done, here's my current favorites. It's just getting harder & taking more thought/effort.

Cotto (if he's going to keep going)

Pavlik

Pac Man

Adrian Peterson

Gamboa

Joel Julio

Duddy

Berto

Not really in order. I don't care about any of those guys like I did Trinidad, etc. No heavyweights. I'm still sad that Ike Ibeabuchi was such a dipshit flake.

I like 2 and 3 like I liked Tyson, but the rest, nope. There are SO MANY titles now, I think that's got something to do with it. The only division in which I'd say, yeah, there kinda needed to be that many titles was heavyweight, but it isn't like that. Two titles at the most for every division.

I hate a lot of fighters nowadays. Much more than the number of fighters I like.

Who are these writers who scored the Margarito/Williams fight for Margarito? Williams was a clear winner in a close fight. Don't try to make it sound like a controversial desicion. Williams landed more and threw more, he pretty much landed at a 2:1 ratio.

Here's a list:

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1198490

This is just a sample but there were differing opinions on the fight and the official cards were even close(1 round away from a draw on two cards), which was my main point. The fight was close, and certainly not a KO for Williams.

Movies are a little bit different than real life.

Off the top of my head.

Mitch " Blood" Green- Successfully campaigned for a fight against Mike Tyson using the most Clubberesquue techniques ever seen. It was a nightly event here in NYC watching Green calling out " Cicely" Tyson.

Antonio Tarver- In the most successful use of campaigning for a title fight, Tarver hounded Jones until he gave in not once but to Jones chagrin twice.

Zab Judah- Judah used every insult in the book to get Tzyu to put up the belt. He got rocked but he got the fight.