TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF Lockdown Card - 8-23-2006

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...
canadiantour.jpg
SWF LOCKDOWN!
Live, Wednesday, August 23rd, from the Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon, Sas... Ses... Sesk... from Saskatoon. Saskatoon.
(7pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)
(Send all promos/marked matches to chirs3)

exterior.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

THE MAIN EVENT - TAG TEAM TURMOIL, MINUS THE TURMOIL
Bruce Blank and An Ultraviolent Droogie of His Choice vs. "the Dean of Professional Wrestling" Jay Hawke and A Tenured Professor of His Choice

-> There's still plenty of bad blood to be spilled between these two, but since we just saw them go one on one so recently, Joseph Peters has decided to spice it up a bit, so he's allowing Bruce and Jay to pick any wrestler in the SWF to be their partners for this tag team match!
Rules: Standard. Mind the tag ropes.
Word Limit: 5500
Send to: Ace309

SINGLES MATCH
"Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs. Jimmy the Doom

-> Scheduling conflicts and show delays ended up cancelling certain title matches planned for Lockdown. They have been rescheduled, but in the mean time, how can these two number one contenders for seperate titles kill time? BY FIGHTING EACH OTHER TO THE DEATH!
Rules: Standard singles match.
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: chirs3

CRUISERWEIGHT MATCH (non-title)
Tom Flesher vs. JJ Johnson

-> We still don't know if Tom retained his Cruiserweight Championship, so we can't very well make him defend it, now can we? JJ Johnson, in a teensy bit of a slump recently, looks to turn it around against the Superior One in a Cruiserweight, albeit non-title, match!
Rules: Standard, with Cruiser addenda.
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: Longdogger_Pete

SINGLES MATCH
Scott Rageheart vs. "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu

-> One of the rare times we book a match not because two guys hate each other, and not because they are competing for a lucrative endorsement contract, but simply because they're both awesome, and awesome wrestlers = awesome matches. Hooray!
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: Evolution

OPENING BOUT
"The Beast" Gabriel Drake vs. MANSON

-> Gabriel Drake has made two strong impressions since his debut in the SWF - the first on Michael Stephens, and the second on the fans, as he's handily taken down most of his opponents! (didn't quite make it against ELK, but come on, who could?) Tonight is his biggest challenge yet - he's defeated Ordonezosity, and Rageheartosity, but can he beat... MANSONOSITY?!~~!
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: hhh6294

OPENING PROMO: SWF Cruiserweight Champion Tom Flesher!

NEXT WEEK: Michael Stephens vs. Jimmy the Doom, for the SWF World Heavyweight Championship! And Spike Jenkins vs. Bruce Blank for the SWF International Championship!

NOTES: As always, if you want a match, request it in this thread and see if you have a taker. Edited by Ace309

I totally knew that. Just testing you.

You passed.

C+.

Edited by chirs3

Unless Hawke picks 'Professor' Toru Tanaka, I can't help but feel that the deck is stacked against him in the wrestling stakes.

How so? Is Blank picking Crowe as his ultraviolent druggie?

That's "droogie" WC, as in from Clockwork Orange. Unless you deliberately misread that, in which case it was rather funny.

All I'm saying is, Hawke has to pick a sitting professor, who aren't normally noted for wrestling skillz. Blank, on the other hand, could potentially pick Chuck F'n Norris.

IN Clockwork Orange, Alex has his "droogs", which are his thugs who he does some of the "good old ultraviolence" with.

You're telling me you used 'ultraviolent' and 'droogie' in the same sentence and you haven't seen/read Clockwork Orange?

You're telling me you used 'ultraviolent' and 'droogie' in the same sentence and you haven't seen/read Clockwork Orange?

Wasn't me. When cards currently under construction go up in the CC folder, Tom likes to add a bit of flavor to them. :P

Edited by chirs3

Oh, but you post it under your name and claim credit for his hard work then? Typical exploitation of the working man.

Yeah, I thought it was a term for druggie; oh well.

I saw A Clockwork Orange once... nearly eighteen years ago... and it didn't leave much of an impression on me; when someone uses the expression, I usually know what they mean, but that's about it.

How so? Is Blank picking Crowe as his ultraviolent druggie?

That's "droogie" WC, as in from Clockwork Orange. Unless you deliberately misread that, in which case it was rather funny.

All I'm saying is, Hawke has to pick a sitting professor, who aren't normally noted for wrestling skillz. Blank, on the other hand, could potentially pick Chuck F'n Norris.

Awwww man now you've gone and spoiled it!

Strangler went back to school and got his Ph.D in astrophysics from the University of Colorado six months ago.

Random much?

Strangler went back to school and got his Ph.D in astrophysics from the University of Colorado six months ago.

Yeah, but is he tenured?