TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

The other four guys will probably be Sabu, Test, Holly, and Dreamer.

Watch it be Test, Mike Knox, and Heyman's riot squad.

Is this PPV going to be 3 hours long? They don't have enough wrestlers to fill out that much time if 6 of their biggest stars are in one match.

An Extreme Elimination Chamber match as the main event of an ECW PPV is the gayest thing ever.

Will the cage be electrified or something? Barbed wire? fire?

I'm thinking the only difference is going to be a couple garbage cans o' plunder inside the cage and maybe some barbed wire integrated somewhere. I'm really concerned about the undercard though. The main event will probably go over 40 minutes but what the hell are they going to do with the rest of the show.

Not doing Show/RVD 1 on 1 is a blatant way of refusing to put the belt back on RVD. In fact reading about this Chamber bullshit has flat out made me refuse to get this PPV. I mean who the hell else can they put the title on that the fans won't detest? I know Vince at this point flat out doesn't wanna put the title back on RVD, but if they aren't going to do that they may as well kill the brand off since it was mostly brought back as a vanity vehicle for RVD to get over anyway.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Big Show/RVD/Sabu/Test/Holly/Dreamer - 45 minutes/1 hour.

Punk/Knox - 15 minutes.

Sandman/Striker - 10 minutes.

Balls/Thorn or Dupree - 10 minutes.

Benoit will probably get a match at this PPV too, and maybe some ECW .VS. Raw or Smackdown matches, like The F.B.I./London & Kendrick.

They're doing qualifying matches over the next few weeks on ECW on Sci-Fi, to see who gets into the chamber.

In addition to the Extreme Giant and RVD, the remaining four participants will be determined through a series of qualifying matches that will take place over the next few weeks, the first of which can be seen this Tuesday night on ECW on Sci-Fi.

Not giving RVD the belt would be the stupidest thing ever, he's the only guy in ECW and WWE that's over enough to carry the company. Vince would rather have Big Show (who hasn't draw anything in his life) as a long term champion instead of having the only guy the fans are paying to see for this watered down WWECW shows.

Show v. RVD for the main event sounded horrible. This idea sounds worse, if thats even possible. This gimmick match should be saved for New Year Revolution every month. If they are going to do a six way deal, they could at least come up with some original gimmick for the show and not this blatant shilling of "we are WWE"

Humongous, thing is why on earth would it not be a regular 1 on 1 title match if they were simply going to give RVD the title? The Chamber is set up specifically to screw him.

I'm telling you, if they do something insanely stupid like ECW Champion Test or Bob Holly then it's just a matter of time before they're drawing jack shit on Sci Fi and the show is canceled.

Best case scenario is that someone, anyone talks sense to Vince and they put the belt back on RVD either at this PPV or at WM.

Not doing Show/RVD 1 on 1 is a blatant way of refusing to put the belt back on RVD. In fact reading about this Chamber bullshit has flat out made me refuse to get this PPV. I mean who the hell else can they put the title on that the fans won't detest? I know Vince at this point flat out doesn't wanna put the title back on RVD, but if they aren't going to do that they may as well kill the brand off since it was mostly brought back as a vanity vehicle for RVD to get over anyway.

I dunno, maybe they feel that with RVD beating Big Show the last two weeks in a row, that the fans might want something "bigger" as the PPV Main Event. They never really built for RVD vs. TBS, it just kind of happened, and RVD won, and then won again, which probably would take away from the "excitement" of another win at the PPV.

They need to book it like the old Three Way Dances where the champion gets pinned first; if Show is out first it makes the match 10 times more exciting.

I do agree that the ECW show should feature ECW attributes, like Three Way Dances instead of Triple Threat Matches.

Here is why the match is being changed

The problem is that Rob Van Dam is the only ECW wrestler in a good position to win the title, yet Vince McMahon has been said to be determined to not to let him be the champion again following his arrest the last time around. McMahon also feels RVD cannot draw as a champion, although other WWE officials believe the crowds will be the same no matter who has the belt.

From the Observer via Wrestlezone

Here is why the match is being changed

The problem is that Rob Van Dam is the only ECW wrestler in a good position to win the title, yet Vince McMahon has been said to be determined to not to let him be the champion again following his arrest the last time around. McMahon also feels RVD cannot draw as a champion, although other WWE officials believe the crowds will be the same no matter who has the belt.

From the Observer via Wrestlezone

I just think it is funny because the new ECW is still in it's infancy, yet they are treating the title match like it is going to determine who carries the entire company to the next level.......

Even if Vince McMahon doesn't see RVD as the long-term solution, he definately is the best suited RIGHT NOW to beat The Big Show for the title.

Also the "arrest" to me is just a goddam excuse. Plenty of Vince's workers have shown plenty of irresponsible behaivor as champs before.

The goofy thing is that they have to put the belt on RVD again for nothing else if just to pay off the current angle. If Vince hates RVD then job him at WM and have it be a changing of the ECW guard. Cause just keeping him from the title only makes fans want RVD to finally win it, since people don't know the inner workings and just see a storyline of "RVD is chasing the ECW title and Heyman is screwing him."

Well, when the face of the company gets arrested for doing drugs and is caught on video, I'd certainly punish him too.

He was punished, and did the time outlined in the wellness policy. It was a first offense. Get over it.

Also in December..

The Sci-Fi Channel will be airing a 1-hour special called "The Best Of ECW" on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 at 10 PM.

Credit: Gerweck

Also in December..

The Sci-Fi Channel will be airing a 1-hour special called "The Best Of ECW" on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 at 10 PM.

Is it safe to assume that it will be the best of the "new" ECW?

Also in December..

Is it safe to assume that it will be the best of the "new" ECW?

That'll be a pretty quick hour.

Guest East.Coast.J
Can they even find an hours worth of stuff that could fit the bill?

Kelly Kelly did about five dance numbers at about two and a half minutes each. Unfortunately that would still leave a little over 45 minutes to fill.

Yeah, I think so.

Week 2 - June/20th/2006: Rob Van Dam & Kurt Angle .VS. Edge & Randy Orton.

Week 3 - June/27th/2006: Sabu .VS. Roadkill.

Week 3 - June/27th/2006: Rob Van Dam .VS. Kurt Angle.

Week 4 - July/4th/2006: The Big Show .VS. Rob Van Dam.

Week 5 - July/11th/2006: The Big Show .VS. Ric Flair.

Week 8 - August/1st/2006: Test & Mike Knox .VS. The Sandman & Tommy Dreamer.

Week 8 - August/1st/2006: Punk's ECW Debut Match - CM Punk .VS. Justin Credible.

Week 10 - August/15th/2006: Ladder Match - Sabu .VS. Rob Van Dam.

Week 13 - September/5th/2006: Rob Van Dam & Sabu .VS. Test & Mike Knox.

Week 16 - September/26th/2006: Rob Van Dam .VS. Hardcore Holly.

Week 17 - October/3rd/2006: Test .VS. Rob Van Dam.

Week 18 - October/10th/2006: Rob Van Dam, Sabu, & The Sandman .VS. The Big Show, Test, & Matt Striker.

RVD Vs Hardcore Holly-9/26/06 (The most talked about ECW match, yet)

CM Punk Vs Mike Knox (Since they’ll probably cover that feud and either the match on Tuesday or a future re-match will be used)

RVD/Sabu Vs Knox and Test-9/5/06 (one of the better brawls they have done in the new ECW)

Kelly Kelly “Highlight” package

The Big Show Vs Sabu (Any of their many matches, just to present the TBS title reign)

I’m sure they can add another decent match in the next 6 episodes to add to this special show and I’m sure they’ll recap the PPV as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if they show RVD/Angle just for Angle jobbing.

All that would fill up the timeslot.